Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stalling BIG time!! HELPPPPP!!!!!

hi all im amy and Ive been banded nearly 5 weeks. I lost 15 lbs in the first 4 weeks and now I keep going up and down 1 lb. I am very frustrated seeing as if I can only eat 4oz at a time. I don't even have a fill, but cannot eat more than 4oz! so I don't think that is the problem. I am eating healthfully and eating every 3-4 hours to keep my matabalism up. I haven't yet been approved for any physical exhurtion, but I've been moving ALOT.

Please if anyone can give me advise I would really appreciate it as I am really frustrated

PLEASE HELP!

amy

gamy,

Do not frustrate yourself by worrying so much. What is happening to you is very common with the band. Post surgery and whenever you "graduate" to new foods, this can show up on the scale.< /span>

I would not let that affect your mood. Stay positive, and relax. Time will pass and weight will drop, as long as you are staying on plan.

Band patients tend to lose slower, it's just the way it is.

LOL! I was watching Oprah yesterday. She had a man on there who is losing hundreds of pounds. She asked him if/when he expects to get to his goal. He replied "I wish it were yesterday!!"

Well, isn't that true for all of us? :thumbup:

thanks ladies, i do know Im not getting enough Water, so im gonna rev it up! it is so frustrating, but I'll try and calm down. It's just I was SOOOOO excited with such a great loss, and im just ready for some more :thumbup:

i see your almost to goal Kelin! conrats, what an accomplishment. How long did it take to reach your goal?

thanks again ladies and any other tips you have are greatly appreciated!!!

Amy

You're in bandster hell....waiting on that first fill to give you a little restriction and more than a little inspiration to keep working hard. I won't lie, that first fill isn't going to take you to your sweet spot, but it's a start in the right direction. And, while you may not be approved for strenuous exercise, you can WALK to your heart's content. Get out there for at least 30 minutes a day and see if that helps. Good Luck

thanks cathy

i have restriction without a fill... if I only eat 4 oz at a time do you think I'll need a fill? when I eat more than that I feel nauseas. what do u think?

amy

EXERCISE! My doctor, who is a BCBS Circle of Excellence Surgeon in Bariatric Surgery DEMANDS vigorous exercise as early as day 1 post op! I promise it will make a difference. It has to, right?

i can't wait to exercise, but i haven't gotten clearance from my doc. But thank you so much! yeah it totally has to or I'll go crazy!!! :)

amy

Gamy, you're actually right on track! You've just given your body a tremendous shock, what with feeding it ONLY liquids, then letting the doctor cut on you, then MORE liquids. It's perfectly normal for the weight loss to stall about now. Just be patient. At 5 weeks you are still healing, so don't worry too much about losing.

Also, most doctors want their band patients at least walking, even if they haven't released you for strenous exercise. Call and ask! Moving will help kickstart your weight loss again.

It sounds like you're doing great with your portions, and if you're eating Protein first, then your veggies, you'll be fine.

Best of luck to you.

thanks ladies, i do know Im not getting enough Water, so im gonna rev it up! it is so frustrating, but I'll try and calm down. It's just I was SOOOOO excited with such a great loss, and im just ready for some more :blink:

i see your almost to goal Kelin! conrats, what an accomplishment. How long did it take to reach your goal?

thanks again ladies and any other tips you have are greatly appreciated!!!

Amy

I always tell myself to keep doing the right things and the right results will happen. :drool:

I know I hit a plateau the entire month between my last two fills, and I too was doing everything about 95 percent right. My nutritionist/nurse said that when you hit a plateau, shake things up a bit and go on liquids for a day or two and then back to food.< /p>

However, you're still pretty early in, so a lot of what you're going through is still the recovery part.

You are doing great!! I was allowed to walk on the treadmill or around the block after 2 weeks.

When I complained about what I thought was slow weight loss, my surgeon told me if I wanted to lose 50 lbs in a month, I should have had bypass....

Give it time. Your body is still healing. If you are feeling full, you may not need a fill yet.

Discuss everything with your doctor on your next visit. I didn't need a fill for almost two months after surgery.

I saw my doc, and all is well! he told me I was actually on the high end of losing... i guess many ppl gain or lose a little bit. He basically told me that everything is ok and takes time.

so now... hello exercise and lots of water!

good luck all!

amy