Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure if i am using this site correctly. I was banded April 13th. Doing Ok, just very tired. Short winded. Ready to move past liquids!

I was also banded on 4/13/09. So in two days we will be a week out.

It has been a rough week for me. Very bloated and gassy still. Seems like the more I eat or sip the more bloated I feel. I can't wait until the bloat goes down because it feels like is is pushing on the port site and it hurts.

Overall the first two days were hard I slept them away but hard to get up and down. Once I was down it didn't hurt much and I was so sleepy I didn't feel much.

By the 4 day was not not sleepy and getting bored of tv and reading. Tried walking around the backyard but I get winded and dizzy............sorta discouraging. I know it gets better. Also the port and the bloating make it really painful to walk right now...........I think once the gas is gone I will feel so much better.

Went to the store today but tired me out. Still it was great to get out. Pushed the grocery cart around and so nice to have someone to lean on and walk..............I walked the store a couple of time around because it was making me burp and it felt good!! Didn't buy much!! But it all sure looked good!! :-)

So tomorrow is day 6 and than the one week mark..............everyday is getting better and better. I feel back to normal and want to get back to my routine. Just wanting for the last side effects of surgery to fall off!!

feels like all this bloating could strech the pouch..........I hope it goes away soon. Mhy stomach is like a rock!! LOl

If I may ask are you usually short winded or is it just now? And is it because you are sore? Usually, "tired" is a complaint, but not "short winded". (soon to be nurse here)

Tired as in weak. Like when I get up and try to move around to much I feel exhausted and dizzy!! Not the usual tired like I am a bit behind on sleep..................LOL

Winded is a problem..............yes like hard to get a really deep breathe. It hurts to breathe deep become of the gas pain I think.........breathing shallow and walking around causes the dizziness.

But before the surgery I was having a hard time with the incentive spirometer so I think it is already and issue. They thought I had asthma which if I do I didn't know about.

For me I had pneumonia 2 years ago. Really , really bad and I feel like my lungs have never been the same..........in that I get sick really easy now and it goes into a cough quickly.

In the pre op they told me to really work on my lung capacity before surgery. So I guess my reaction the recovery and not being able to breathe was sorta predictable.

But I think I am the exception. I just feel bloated and well............my stomach is bloated right now. Feels like the gas is pushing up on my chest and lungs right now and painful......

Ok...and Colyn92...why are you short winded? If you don't mind?

swrktp...try blowing up balloons. That will help you!

Make sure you keep your lungs clear...you are at increased risk for pneumonia post op (as I'm sure they've told you) so take care of yourself.

Hi i was also banded on the 13th right now i am feeling winded and a lil gasy. But nothing like the first few days the gas was very painful.And are their anyone else feeling very hungery let me know what you are doing to ease this hunger feeling

Hang in there, we can exchange stories. I have no idea about this website. I feel very out of touch, but, this web-site seem to be over welming. How do you post the ticker at the bottom?

Yes, I am bloated and hurting only do to gas pains, wish I know how to get rid of the gas and fast!! I was banded Friday. I am walking, not over exerting, but trying not to just lay around. I need to burp, but it hurts to burp, just started passing gas (but not enough)last night, and that don't hurt, but when I burp, I have to hold on to my chest.

Boy, the things your body make you talk about...