Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Offically banded

K so i am all banded and ready for my new life. I had mine done yesterday I got to the hospital at 1:30 and went to the OR at 3:40. I just remember the anestieologist (sp) saying Im going to give you a sedative and I remeber thinking how long is this gonna take and then I woke up in recovery. Funny how that works. I was back at my hotel at 6:30, I had to travel 3.5 hours away from my home. I had minimal pain and slept well I just kept waking up not because of pain just cuz. So I was up walking throughout the night which I am sure helped with my drive home. I have had some Water, Jello, and applejuice with some Protein Powder in it. So far the pain really isn't anything I cant handle. I am so excited for the new me. I feel like this is the beginning of my new life. I hope everyone else is doing well. Keep in touch.

Congrats. I was banded a week ago April 10th. I had only minor pain and went back to work on Tuesday. Last night I started having shoulder gas pains, I am surprised it took six days. I am excited for what the furture holds. Feel better!

Congrats!!! I got mine done yesterday as well. No problem on the 2 hr ride home. Today I'm feeling a bit worse. The port pain isn't very pleasant. But like you said nothing that I can't handle.

I don't have any regrets. So glad I did this.

I have been doing well, last night was a rough night I all of a sudden became nauseated and threw up, very little but enough to scare me about band slippage but I feel alot better today. Hopefully that will be my last time puking ughhh I hate puking.

Hello

I was banded yesterday to,still in some pain but I have to tell you that the pain hurt more from the thing they stuck down my throat. I am happy it is done.I was a bit scared. Now I am really for my new life

I was also banded on 4-17. Besides the pain around the port and a little gas under my ribs, I am doing good. I have been walking as much as I can and think that is helping. Fortunately, I haven't thrown up. I feel for those that have.

I am having to make myself drink because I am not hungry at all. My mind, however, is thinking about all the stuff that I can't have. Anyone else having trouble turning their hungry brain off?

Hey, Banded Friday April 17th and I have tremendous gas pains, which I can admit to needing to walk more. Pain at my port site as well. Other then that can't wait until I can get up the strength and energy to start this new walk on this new journey. Glad I did it (so far)

Things are going well still port pain but I am not taking any meds. I actually slept on my stomach last night and it felt good. I just wish I could get rid of this pain in my chest which I think is just the restriction with some gas. I havent really found any Protein powder or shake that I really like so I guess I will keep trucking.

Big Daddy I to find myself thinking of the foods I can't have but I just keep reminding myself that as soon as I lose 50lbs or so I will eat a couple of those things but for now I want to lose weight. Those foods will always be around. Good luck