Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a dream last night that I was at the surgeons office having my consultation. He put me on the scale and said NOPE, you don't qualify, you are 11 lbs under the accepted weight.

Boy did I cry (in my dream) I remember saying to the doctor, can't you just write that I'm ###lbs or if you want I'll come back next week. I can gain 11 lbs in one week, I really can. Please don't shut me out, please please please I need your help and I have no where else to go. I've done all this work for nothing :)

Can you imagine gaining 11 lbs in 1 week LOLOL !!! but in my dream I was convinced that I could do it.

Now tell me I aint' sick dreaming about this sort of stuff LOL.

Wow, that's a very realistic dream. Lots of people are turned down for being 11 pounds shy of morbid-obesity. Women shove rolls of quarters in their pockets just to get the surgery!

I can relate - just because your not at a certain weight doesn't make you feel like you need the help any less. I know I went on a eating binge trying to "qualify" after my 1st visit with the doctor.

I wish I hadn't - cause that was just weight I had to lose. Not too good for me either.

Take care and I hope all goes well for you. Let me know how you do. I will keep you in my prayers.

Delarla... quarters GOOD IDEA :)

WTB, sorry you went on an eating binge, but I can honestly say I know just how you felt / feel.

Actually I am 100 lbs overweight so I do fall in the category but the dream was wild. The dream reminded me of how I think of myself. Meaning, I don't deserve this help, I don't deserve anything good, or anything that will help me be the person I want to be.

When will I learn?

When will I learn?

Aw don't beat yourself up about it, okay? I actually see it as a good thing. You are *so* ready to have this done you're willing to do anything to get there.

I just think it's your lil' ol' brain working through all the crazy thoughts that are natural around a procedure like this.

i had a similar dream the night before my surgery. i kept dreaming that i woke up from my surgery with out a band, they saqid to me in my dream.. you are just too fat and we cant even lift your fatty liver to get to your gigantic black hole of a stomach. i cried in my dream and i was woken up by harry (my SO) because i was actually crying in my sleep with tears and the runny nose and it woke him up! lol they are just our worst fears being dealt with. don't worry. just do what you have to. i am trying my best not to ruin my chance that i have been given with this band.

I feel like this is my only hope left, but because of past failures I also feel like I'm going to fail at this too.

I don't want to fail, I'm going to fight w/everything I have but the feelings are very real and they are there. Why is it so hard to make them go away?

Did / does anyone feel like this too?

I feel like this is my only hope left, but because of past failures I also feel like I'm going to fail at this too.

I don't want to fail, I'm going to fight w/everything I have but the feelings are very real and they are there. Why is it so hard to make them go away?

Did / does anyone feel like this too?

I felt exactly the same before surgery. My husband had agreed to let me have the surgery, my family was behind me, we'd paid the fees and then I was like .. "What if I'm like the only person that this doesn't work for?!?" Then I started stressing about how disappointed in me my family would be and stuff. And worrying because for me, this was seen as a last resort .. so if your last resort doesn't work, then what??

Even now, after losing 50+ pounds I wonder if I'll ever actually make it to goal or if I'm going to regain all the weight, as I've always done in the past.

Alot of us are so used to be let down, so used to beating ourselves up, etc, that we simply don't believe we can achieve something. Its a horrible feeling.

But NJChick, you are going to succeed in this! It's going to take some work, but you're on the right path. Keep your chin up and just yell out if you need to vent. That's what we're here for :D