Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I skip my next fill

Hi everyone! I have my 3rd fill scheduled for Monday, 4/20 and I'm wondering if I should skip it.

I am loosing weight well.... 3-4lbs a week, eating around 6-8oz per meal w/out feeling hungry in between...working out, etc.

My next fill after that isn't until June, so it would be a little bit of a wait...

another deciding factor, my fills cost $400 out of pocket. I have the money if I need it, but I can think of other things I'd like to spend it on this month.

I appreciate any and all advice! Thanks!

I would put it off a bit if you are losing 3 to 4 pds a wk Last time I went my doc put mine off since I lost 9 pds in a month This mnth I am going thurs but im still not sure if I will get a fill I lost 8 pds right away then stayed the same for 2 wks then all of a sudden i have lost 5 1/2 pds. so in 6 wks iv lost 13 pds.

I would hold off as well. You do not want to sabotage your weight loss or overfill yourself. Save the money and buy some new clothes or something. It seems as if you are doing excellent. Keep up the good work.:)

If you are comfortable being where you are at then yes I would put it off. Save the money. Buy a few new clothes and treat yourself to a day at the spa or something instead for all your hard work.

i had my 4th fill about 3 months ago and my surgeon hit my sweet spot...i am totally comfortable with the amount of food i eat and how long i stay full ...in the back of my mind i keep telling myself ..get a fill..its been awhile...but i dont want to get over-filled...it doesnt sound like u need 1 to me...

2flyguys,

you sound like your doing great as well, keep up the good work!:)

I agree with brockbabe82, skip it and buy some new clothes....you deserve it!!!

I would put it off too. You are doing excellent where you are . . . and that is the whole point of the band, to maintain quality of life while still being able to lose. Being too tight won't help you in the long run.

Actually, if I were you and went to my doctor for a fill they would not give me one anyway. They only give fills if a) you aren't losing 1-2 pounds per week and :) you are hungry between meals. It doesn't sound like you meet the criteria for another fill.

Worse case scenario, you put off the fill until June and find in May that you are starving and stalled out then you may be able to schedule a fill in May.