Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I thought a First Fill thread would be nice to check into.

I had my first followup appointment this morning since being banded April 1 with the realize band.

My first fill will be April 30 and I will probably get 2 cc's.

Sherry

Good Idea - I have my first fill May 15th.

My first fill is scheduled for May 19th. I forgot to ask do we need to fast or anything before, does anyone know?

I was banded on 3/31 and my first fill is next week, 4/29. I hope to get back some of the restriction I had when I first got banded.

Banded April 1, first fill May 1. and, Jay I was told nothing 2-3 hours prior then liquids for 2 days....didn't realize it's over a weekend for me - ah well, who cares. can't wait. hungry!

I'm gonna ring ahead and see if I need to make sure I don't need to eat etc beforehand. I am not sure if it's a fill appointment or just a followup but I am gagging for a fill - I can eat WHATEVER I want and I get hungry. I hate it so much. I am sure I am putting on weight now and I am getting really sad!!

My First fill is scheduled for June 9th 2009.

I'm gonna ring ahead and see if I need to make sure I don't need to eat etc beforehand. I am not sure if it's a fill appointment or just a followup but I am gagging for a fill - I can eat WHATEVER I want and I get hungry. I hate it so much. I am sure I am putting on weight now and I am getting really sad!!

LingLing keep positive even though we have this tool at our disposal we are still going to have ups and downs. Sometimes the ups are not fat particulary as we start exercising or working out and gain some muscle, most of us are adding more Protein than we have on anyother diet we've been on. I also have to keep reminding myself of this cause my weight is up today from where I was Tuesday (yes I weight to much). Pleas stay positive we need you.

Edited by JayTee562
added comments

I am looking forward to my first fill on Thursday, I will post after I know what is happening. Since I go first thing in the morning I won't eat until it is done to be on the safe side but they did not tell me any restrictions.

I have an appt on May 19th. He said that we'll see how I am then and discuss to fill or not to fill at that time.

I have a fill appointment on 5/19 and I hope he does one cause I'm staying full less and less.

I was Banded 4/9

first week of liquid

2nd week mushies

3rd week (last 7 days) solid food (no restrictions whatsoever!)

First fill today going into my 4th week, i have the 'standard' band (10cc he told me) and while i was sitting up and taking sips of Water, he filled me with 2cc. he kept asking me if the water was going down fine, and actually, it went down fine but just felt a little 'pressure' afterwards, and that's when he decided on the 2cc.

i was worried that it isnt enough, but looking at these forums, it seems to be an average first fill. I will find out how restricted i really am tomorrow when i try to eat solids...(liquids only for today)

didnt hurt just pinched like when you get labwork or something....