Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just ate a whole frozen pizza-no hate mail please!

It happens!

But before you go get a fill you should seriously take a look at the negative aspects of doing this again in the future with more restriction. If you band is tightened down and you eat a whole pizza, what are you going to do. You could create plenty of problems with your band including slippage, prolapse, etc.

It is important to inform your physician of your actual eating habits so they can make the correct decision regarding your medical care. Remember that the band is only a tool that needs to be used properly.

Only you can decide what course of action you go with, but I caution you to weigh the pro's and con's before you move forward.

Good Luck!

Only you (and the doc) can decide if its time for another fill but here are my thoughts:

1. Eating some pizza is fine- eating a whole pizza is a problem. If it was a one time mistake fine, but you can't continue the same behavior as pre-band and expect different results.

2. You acknowledge that you are an emotional eater. Did you get sufficient counseling to deal with these issues going forward? If not maybe that should make that call.

3. You acknowledge that you would allow other people to shame you into eating less food - see point #2 :smile:

4. Eating only one meal a day DOES NOT WORK. I did it for years and it does not work. You have to train yourself that your health is worth 30mins 3 times a day to eat.

5. I suppose you could go get a fill - but what happens the next time you have an emotional issue, if you haven't addressed the root of the problem?

Not trying to preach but you asked for support. Its a battle but it is win-able. Good Luck

and lapbandtalker, when you say 3 bites and soon....what do you mean? after fills? just curious

You will reach a point - one day- and probably soon (so it's not like months and months away)....where you will be out with friends or whatever and pizza will be the food....you will be able to treat it like food and have some....and with restriction it will be only a few bites- not the entire thing.

You won't have to say "no. I can't have pizza because I'm dieting"....no one would ever have to know!

Keep going back every 4 weeks for adjustments until you get restriction.

I also am guilty of the pizza thing from time to time, but luckily I can't tolerate bread, so I just eat the toppings and cheese. And it is an individual pizza so not huge. I tell myself I am just eating the Protein off the pizza, but still feel guilty afterwards. As for the Protein Shakes, my Doc tells me to stay away from liquid calories and I associated shakes with that. I am losing pretty much on track and today is D-Day. Gotta step on the scale at the Doctor office, so we will see how I am doing for this month. Good luck everybody and don't beat yourselves up when you do have those weak moments. Half the battle is realizing when we are weak and working towards more strength.

I think you probably need a fill. Most of us are emotional eaters and I can tell you for me, without proper restriction all i want to do is snack all day! I try to make good choices I dont eat sugar and alot of bad carbs. I can tell you good restriction helps with the emotional eating however its always good to face that head on mentally to, that way we can learn to beat it. I would talk with your doctor. The fact you could eat a whole pizza indicates to me ur restriction is very low. Someone well restricted would only be able to have a small slice maybe. We had to get this wls for a reason because we couldnt do it on our own, so dont beat yourself up too bad. we all have done this!!!! we are all not perfect and all you can is pick urself up off the ground and start fresh tomorrow. Gl with your journey

ok ... i did the same 10 days ago though i m getting regular fills ... so i hit the doctors office and told him that this is not the right thing ... proved i was not getting fills in the ring but God only knows where the saline is going ... now after a flouro fill i m back to 1 or 2 slices max .... good luck in ur journey ....