Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really needing some help and guidance

Hi Guys,

Well I did my surgery in August 2007 and I am in a slump. I lost 62 lbs in a year and a half starting at 307 ending at 245ltb. I got pregnant in January and lost my baby in March of this year. Throughout the three months I was preganant I bumped up to 265! I am having a hell of a time now dropping this weight and it is all in my stomach. I really need some help from some successful bandsters. Can you please reply or e-mail me with actual menus of what you ate Breakfast, lunch and dinner? I am really discouraged as my two year post surgery is coming and I am nowhere near close to goal. I have family members now telling me this whole things was a waste I want this to work.

Hi Guys,

Well I did my surgery in August 2007 and I am in a slump. I lost 62 lbs in a year and a half starting at 307 ending at 245ltb. I got pregnant in January and lost my baby in March of this year. Throughout the three months I was preganant I bumped up to 265! I am having a hell of a time now dropping this weight and it is all in my stomach. I really need some help from some successful bandsters. Can you please reply or e-mail me with actual menus of what you ate Breakfast, lunch and dinner? I am really discouraged as my two year post surgery is coming and I am nowhere near close to goal. I have family members now telling me this whole things was a waste I want this to work.

Sweet,

It is not a waste you just need to find what works for you. I have a simple diet most of the time.

Breakfast I start with skim milk for Protein, then i have a skim milk steamer later in the morning along with some fruit at some point in time. lunch is just whatever I feel like some cheese and crackers, some Soup, I can eat bread so I might do 1/2 a sandwich... whatever I have I want a focus either on the Protein or on the Fiber count. I love a spinach salad with some egg.

dinner is similar I look at the protein first then move on to Fiber in the form of veges etc.

In my losing phases I was very disciplined I didn't eat in my car, or after 7pm, I ate off of side plates and I do the rules the way they worked for me. I kept a honest food log and I didn't eat any junk in my losing phases etc.

Talk to the clinic they have people on staff just to help you with some of these issues. Good luck

Heather

Sweet,

Why not check out SWLC's Message Forum for their patients. We have a thread where people post what they eat every single day and it gives a lot of people that are struggling help to see what is normal for other bandsters to eat. If you aren't already a member, go to Lap Band Surgery Clinic | Weight Loss & Gastric Balloon in Toronto, Canada and click on Message Forum and register. The thread is called What are you eating today in the Diet and Exercise section.

Sweet,

Why not check out SWLC's Message Forum for their patients. We have a thread where people post what they eat every single day and it gives a lot of people that are struggling help to see what is normal for other bandsters to eat. If you aren't already a member, go to Lap Band Surgery Clinic | Weight Loss & Gastric Balloon in Toronto, Canada and click on Message Forum and register. The thread is called What are you eating today in the Diet and Exercise section.

Wow! Thanks for the site info! I just checked it out and thats a great site. Has some really great message forums.

I have some menu's that I have used in the last year that have worked for me that if anyone wants a look at just email me and I will send them over. I still stick by using a Protein Meal Replacement shake for breakfast as I have never been a breakfast eater but its the most important meal so that has worked for me. And I really do have to say exercise is a big component to losing weight.

Hi Sweet,

As you are a patient at the clinic where I was banded you are welcome to attend our monthly support group in Mississauga. The next meeting is this Thursday, April 16th, at 7:30 pm and if you pm me I can give you the location details or they are also posted on the SWLC mesaage board.

Donna

Facilitator Mississauga Lap-Band Peer Support Group

This may sound like an obvious question, forgive me I'm a "new" bandster and have not had my first fill.. but wouldn't getting a fill help with that? If it was all about will power none of I would be here in the first place right?

First of all, I am sorry for your loss. That must have been a difficult time for you.

As for keeping up your weight loss, I don't really have a menu plan either, but I start my days with my regular 2 cupaccinos. When that all settles I have a whey Protein shake. I might blend in a banana or some Peanut Butter.

For lunch I have whatever is left over from the night before, usually some kind of Protein. I snack on cashews during the day. I can only eat small portions so I snack frequently, probably too frequently.

For dinner, I have whatever I cook for my family, minus the carbs. eg: spaghetti sauce topped with cheese. chicken and some kind of veggie. I too try to stop eating after 7, I try to have a glass of Water to make sure my pouch is empty at bedtime.

When I was losing, I had to up my exercise regime every month, or my weight loss would just stop. I had record long plateaus, but all were eventually broken through.

By the time I got to my goal, I averaged under 3 pounds per week, so I was not a fast loser by any means. I still lack 'willpower' whatever that is. I still am a food addict, but that has lessened over 3 years now. And most importantly, I have kept up with my fills. I got to goal at a 3.2cc fill in a 4cc band.

I hope that helps. This was NO waste. You will make it, but sorry to say it but for me, it took a huge effort.

hugs and success,

keep us up on how you are doing.

Paula

Moonbeam, fills help to get you to good restriction but they won't take away the head hunger. The band really is only a tool albeit a good one, it does take motivation and discipline to get good results.

Hi everyone...can someone please help me...m looking for aftercare and fills in toronto/mississauga/brampton.. anywhere in GTA is ok...m still not banded but m thinking of getting banded here in Dubai, since my whole family is here and i live alone in toronto they preferr i get it done here soo atleast if i need to be taken care of or anything at all they can be there for me...my family is more freaked out abt this whole thing more than i am...soo m realli considering getting banded here in dubai...butt pls can someone suggest me where i can go for fills and aftercare in GTA since after surgery (1-2months after surgery)will be in toronto for most of the time...i just come to dubai to visit my family once in a yr or something...plsplss help

I don't know of any clinic that will do fills or look after you if you end up with complications in the greater Toronto area. I hope you consider carefully being banded so far away from where you will be living it could be a recipe for disaster.