Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You betcha! And treat yourself! Don't drink the stuff in the box or can. take a whole chicken, put it in a pot and cover with Water. add a little salt, some carrots, celery, a bay leaf, quarter an onion and add the pieces (don't even bother to peel it). Cook the chicken to death (LOL). Strain everything out of the stock. Then enjoy!!!

It TOTALLY depends on what your surgeon gave you (or nutritionist) as a post op diet. Probably yes, but just follow your directions and you'll be fine!

Depending on what else you're consuming, you might want to go with the low sodium in the event you're sensitive to that....but I'm pretty sure they fed me broth in the hospital before I went home! (I remember so clearly getting home and wondering what the heck they told me when I was being discharged---I was in another world and didn't remember ANY of it!) Hope you're feeling ok. Good luck! :drool:

Hey everybody,I'm 3 days post and I'm feeling better every day! Thanks to all for your kind words,advice and encouragment. Let me tell you, that chicken broth tasted devine!! Would Tomato Soup be to harsh to drink? well I'm off for my morning walk, check back soon.:drool:

Brian

Hey everybody,I'm 3 days post and I'm feeling better every day! Thanks to all for your kind words,advice and encouragment. Let me tell you, that chicken broth tasted devine!! Would Tomato Soup be to harsh to drink? well I'm off for my morning walk, check back soon.:drool:

Brian

Hope you had a great walk, Brian. Keep moving! I'm fairly confident that you should only be on Clear Liquids for the first two weeks or so....but you really should check anything printed they gave you at the hospital. So broth based Soups that are strained are ok, but Tomato isn't ok........Sugar free jell-o, broth, crystal light, and Protein Shakes is all I had for my first 2 weeks.....

Good luck! 3 days down, not too many to go! :laugh: Paige

Seems like every doc is different. Mine only has you on liquids for 10 days....protein shakes, Water, crystal light, sugar free popsicles, broths, apple juice, white grape juice. Then, when you go to mushies, you can have the cream Soups along with that fabulous treat....runny mashed potatoes. Man, I went to KFC after I left the doctor's office on day 10 and got a dish of mashed potatoes. They were manna, I swear! And after 1 week of mushies, I was instructed to start adding regular food as I felt comfortable with them.

You know, Cathy, I laughed REALLY hard when I read that. I remember so clearly when I was given the green light to have "food" again. It was as if I had lived on an island without food for 3 years! It's all psychological! I actually have a tough time with stuff like mashed potatoes now....I don't know if it's because I stuff them down too fast or eat too much, but I fare much better with food I have to consciously chew!!

Normally, I wouldn't even eat KFC mashed potatoes ... I mean, they're instant potatoes. But wow, did they taste good that day! Something with some texture to it. It did seem like it had been such a long time.....

my post op diet although liquid does include chicken, vegetable and Tomato Soup , also includes creamed rice and custard , been told 2 weeks only post op then I can eat whatever , was advised of course to go for softer food and in general pay about and see what works ..

as said all surgeons advise is different,

It would be fair of me to admit I have had a little cheat now Im at day 10 post op , like a little nibble of cold ham , , I had one potato frie which I chewed to bits also ... all very small little bites and a good chew.

its very hard for me at moment as Ive already been on liquid diet for over 4 weeks , reason I had issues with my stomach following lapband and they had to open me up again after a week it been fitted .. and when 2nd time again 2 weeks liquids .......

very hard .. if I dont have a cup of Soup again I will never complain .... lol ........ but saying that it certainly has made a good start for my weight loss .. 30 lbs in just over a month who would have thought even possible

:drool:

ooh and as for KFC , I took kids thro drive thro yesterday .............. oooohhhh man that chicken smelled soooooooooo goooooooddddd ....

But I managed to keep control :drool: , we dont get mashed potatos in KFC in United Kingdom .. so cant comment .... but if instant I can of course imagine.

Does anyone notice how heightened ones smell senses get on liquid diet ... I can smell things from 5 miles away now LOL ..

anyway best of luck