Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else ever deal with their port area bleeding? The scar that is? I am 10 days post op and the darn thing wont stop bleeding. ALL DAY long!I emailed my dr and he said keep an eye on it and im good as long as it doesn't turn red or i dont get a fever..

Anyone else experience bleeding??

Well, I'm sure your doctor knows best, just keep in touch with him about it and watch it carefully.

Don't take any Advil or asprin, for sure. At first sign of any changes get in to see your doc.

I'd go in if he hasn't seen it. I talked to a doc over the phone once about my son, questioning if he had RSV and the doc said not unless he had certain symptoms--which he never had. My son almost died! Well, he did several times and was brought back. So if it is really worrying you like it sounds like, I'd go in.

Oh no, i hope your son is ok. Well I called the advice nurse and that was interesting since my surgeon is 3 hrs away we are gonna put gauze on it and wait till the am and im going to see if its still bleeding. The nurse said its blood mixed with serum. so we will see:)

They really need to include more of this in our discharge stuff...

am I not supposed to have gauze on my incision? It's not really bleeding that much, but I was wondering am I hindering the healing process having a gauze pad over the large incision?

I would let air touch it when you can, but my surgeon told me i can put dressings on the incision so i dont see why not..

Are you bleeding at all?? When did u have surgery?

I started out spotting 4 days ago. Then yesterday it just kept going.. I have filled a lot of gauze in the last 12 hrs.. but its starting to slow down.. i think... i said that earlier and filled one in 20 min.. so i give up!

My friend was banded the same day as you! Just follow your surgeons orders.. when i was discharged i had no gauze so i thought it wasn't allowed, it sounds like they discharged you with gauze..

My dr told me to watch for redness and a fever, and as long as i dont have that i am fine.. I dont understand drs sometimes

I noticed spots of blood on my pajamas and sheets when I started sleeping on my stomach again. Could your bleeding be from that? The bleeding while sleeping stopped after about a week and then returned 7 weeks post op. When I went in for a fill this week, I asked the dr about the bleeding. He said it's normal and my incision is healing well. :drool:

It is soo scary! I only sleep on my back and side..

But today it got worse, to the point of blood basically non stop oosing out, dr said i need to loose up to 8 tsp a day to get him concerned.. so i figure its ok. He said that its deep tissue fluids that are draining..

I put on a big bandaid and within 10 min soaked thru and outa it.. so i got one of those butterfly things and pulled the incision shut, and walla stopped bleeding.. Well until i went for my walk..

But its stoped again as long as i keep it pulled together....

He said I should be fine, but if it doesnt stop go in.. Well who wants to drive to the big city on easter weekend, NOT ME:)

I am so glad you are healing well!