Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is just a post to vent. :thumbup:

I realize I don't have restriction yet - actually I don't even know if I need it. (eggs got stuck this morning because I ate too fast) But I'm still NOT losing weight. :sad:

I follow a good, healthy diet (no white bread or sugar). I have actually raised my caloric intake to 1,200 because I keep reading threads where people were talking about "starvtion mode".

What can I do to get this $#&@*! scale to move?

I have called the doctor numerous times. They always say it just takes time. How long???

I'm scheduled for my first fill the end of this month - but not really sure if I'm going to get it. I'm not overly hungry right now (I think it is my motivation :tt2:) and I have to real careful with what I eat or I will PB.

Any suggestions out there??

I will do anything you guys say to get this process going!

Thanks for the vent,

Malissa

A couple things you can try to jumpstart the process. You already upped your cals to 1200. Have you tried only upping them a few days then going back down? Are you excercising currently? and if so how often? I would track my caloric intake and carbs and fat for a week and see what the results look like. I would also find out how much avg cals my body burns in a day so you can get a good idea caloric intake vs what is being burned. While muscle may make u gain weight in the beginning. weight lifting will build muscle which will ultimatly burn more fat and for longer periods than cardio so definatly need a good balance there. Are you eating the same type of food everyday? if so try some variety. GL !!!

Are you excersizing? I was banded a week after you I don't think I have any Fluid in my band because I feel like I can pretty much eat anything I want. I DON"T but I don't get the full feeling people talk about having, I just feel OK I could eat more but I don't have to, so I don't. I haven't PB'd anything, but I have only eaten 1 thing I shouldn't have (chicken quesadilla) I have lost only 14 lbs since surgery. I have been excersizing more and more though. Just a thought, maybe its that? Good Luck

Thanks for your replies.

I don't excercise as much as I need too - but I also am more active than I ever have been. I will try to do more.

I don't have any Fluid in my band, but I do get the full feeling. I really don't know why.

Almost all my weight loss was from my pre-op diet.

I have seriously considered going back to that - in the hopes that I'll lose more weight.

I track all my foods on the dailyplate. The majority of the pie chart each day shows Protein, not carbs.

Busybee - I wish I could say I lost 14lbs since surgery. How many calories are you eating?

You are only 1 month post op. I would think that you are eating TOO much right now. What was your post op diet to consist of? When I was at the same time you are at now, I was only eating a half cup at a time, 3 times a day. If you would like to talk further feel free to ask me questions if you would like. But, my personal opinion would not to worry about calorie intake right now (some may disagree), but your body has so much stored fat right now that you will be ok for a couple of months...

Well I'm on solid foods now - but even when I was on mushy food - I tried to keep my calories on track.

I orginally was at less then 1,000 calories but then I read many posts and thought maybe I was in starvation mode and that's why my body wasn't letting loose of the weight.

What calorie intake do you think I should be at?

ok i totally understand where you are coming from i had the same issue at the beginning of me getting banded i know alot of people dropped weight so fast early but not me. you know i did the same thing vent and was a bit frustrated with not losing and when i vented to my best friend she said the best thing to me "what are you doing about it? are you doing everything you should be doing?" and yes food wise i was ok but i didnt realize how bad my food was until i learned more about food and what kind of food is good and what is actually bad for you and also i realized that excerise is the key. i know you heard this a million times but i really do believe with the band, excerise, and right foods you will see the lbs coming off. i always thought that i was never going to excerise or not do much because i was also tired. then with the advice of my friend i went and got a gym membership and started working out everyday and made the commitment of going everyday. i worked on building muscle and also doing cardio and i sucked at cardio and i hated going but now i can say i can run for 45 minutes non stop and its not so exhausting. i know im alot healthier then what i was when i started not just losing weight but my whole mental attitude and my body. im waking up earlier now and sleeping better at nite. i really do suggest you to excerise and make that commitment it will so pay off more then you would ever know. your body reacts so much better to stress and life in general. another thing i thought is a great book is get one of the "eat this not that" book its a great book and shows you general foods that are bad and you wouldnt even know it. i always thought that kelloggs special k was good and ate that almost everyday but realized that kashi go lean was a better Cereal to eat it has more calories but it is good calories and with a bananna it gets me through a workout each morning.

In your second post you didn't mention exercise. More me that is the key. I usually exercise for at least an hour 5 days a week. If I was not doing this my weight loss wouldn't be nearly what it is, plus I feel so great b/c of it.

If you look at my weight loss chart below, you'll see a 10 week period where I didn't lose a pound. What did I do to get back on track? I did go back to a pre-banding diet for about a week and then started posting my food intake on Weight Watchers (my diet plan of choice). I also bit the bullet and went back to the gym (I had been paying $50 a month for two years and never went -- stupid huh?). Now I either go to the gym or take a 3 mile walk 5-6 days a week. So, I hate to be tough on you but it is time to get tough on yourself. You have the tool, it is time to start using it. YOU just have to decide to.

Malissa -

I'm in the same boat as you. I was banded a month ago. I lost 15 pounds on the preop diet and 10 pounds the week after surgery. My doc's office said to eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a meal. I was eating 3/4 cup. My weight has stayed the same for the last 3 weeks. My doc told me I may even gain in this period before my first fill. I talked with the nutritionist who thought I was eating too few calories, so I increased my meal size to 8 ounces (closer to 1200 cal a day at her suggestion). That did help me to lose a couple of pounds I had regained but I'm still at the same spot (within 1/2 pound) of my lowest weight after surgery. I'm not exercising a huge amount, but I'm more active than I have ever been and I'm proud of myself for that. I'm trying to keep the faith and tell myself this time is for healing and my body will let go of the weight when it is ready.Just my opinion, but I think we tend to forget how much our bodies have been through in the last month. I'm down 25 pounds in one month and have been recovering from surgery, I really think we need to give our bodies time to adjust. In the meantime until my first fill I'm trying to make good choices, keep my portions under control, and drink Water like crazy. It WILL come off!