Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The biggest trick to NOT getting stuck is size of food..I have learned that pea size is just right for meats expecially..I have dealt with getting stuck so much and was to where I didn't want to eat..And the trick is to eat nothing bigger than a pea or a bean sized bite..Hope this helps..I guess we all gotta learn our own ways but thought this might be of some help..Also, remember what we/you/me swallow has to go through the hole the size of a straw..:glare:

Great tip for a new bandster such as me!

My fill nurse gave me the screw cap after my fill and reminded me, "nothing in your mouth bigger than this". I try to keep it in my pocket and it is a constant reminder of how small my bites should be. So far so good, I've never been stuck! (Knock on wood!)

Fujika, that is a great idea! What size is the screw cap? Is it roughly the size of a cap from a soda or small bottle of Water? ?? I am such a spatially oriented person, so if I could have a reminder or several reminders, such as this around, it would make it easier for me to comply. :blink:

Edited by ibelieve
grammatical errors

Since my first fill in the beginning of March I have been having trouble with getting stuck and PB'ing. It has just been in the last week that I have finally been able to eat without feeling ill every time. I believe that my bites were too big - they were about half the size of a dime. I tried to chew thoroughly but must not have been doing a good job of it.

I agree with you guys. If we can keep our bites down to the size of a pea and chew that really, really well, then we should not have any problems. I learned it the hard way.

I agree to all. What the heck is a screw cap??

It's just a little bigger than the size of a pea, but not by much:) Just ask your fill nurse for the cap when you get your fill.

I needed this reminder. I'm one month postop today and really have no restriction. I started out really good with small bites, but they have progressively gotten bigger as time has passed. I need to get back to small bites again or I'll learn the hard way! Thanks for the reminder!