Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared....Am I eating to much?

I got banded the 24th of March I got moved onto mushie but I feel like I'm eating alot...how much should I be eating I stop when I feel that I'm full but they said my stomach would only be 2oz's I know that sometimes I eat more than that in a sitting but it's all like semi-liquid food (cottage cheese) so I don't know if it's slipping through the band or what? Am I worrying to much? I keep thinking it'll be different after my fill and that I'll be on normal food so the band won't hold as much because it's not just sliding through it being normal food that's not mushie. is this logical....maybe I'm rationalizing and overthinking I don't know please help!:smile:

Hey!

When I had been banded for 3 weeks I was managing to eat around 2 cups of food at a time and my dietitian told me I needed to go on to something a bit thicker. You might want to talk to your nutritionist.

Best of luck!

BM09

It's really important to follow your surgeon's diet, which is focused on healing your pouch. If you feel the need to advance ahead of schedule, contact your surgeon or nutritionist and they will normal suggest some "test" foods for you. Also do some LBT searches for "Bandster Hell" as this will enlighten you as to what is occurring within.

Brad

Like has been said, follow the diet.

Remember, you will sometimes need 2, 3 or more fills before you hit your sweet spot. Eating mushies are extremely easy, and many people overeat at that time.

Just hang in, talk to your doctor about it, and it will be alright.

Thanks Gonna call my Dr today! I feel better knowing that others are dealing with this too, don't feel like i'm senselessly worrying to much about insignificant things

I am still on soft foods and I find that I am eating 1-1 1/2 cups of food. I know when I switch to normal food I will not be able to eat as much. I try really hard right now to stick to 1cup or less so I dont stretch my pouch but I know that it will all change once I hit real food and get a fill.

I feel all of your pain....I am able to eat as I did before....I have really been struggling w/hunger I try to keep my calories between 1000 and 1200 and I have just put on 5 of the 15 I originally lost....I am soooooo pissed....

Pezo - I feel like I am in the same boat as you. Pre-surgery I was 284. Surgery day was 275. And now... 6 weeks post-op, I am 265. I just got my first fill two days ago. I am eating mushies for a couple of days, so I don't know what will happen when I start on solids. I guess I had much higher expectations?? I thought I would not be hungry, but I am. I have read everything about "bandster hell" and I do understand it; I'm just frustrated. I've started walking, so I am hoping that will help. I just feel like I should have lost more than 10 lbs in the last 6 weeks. It's a pity party here. LOL

Pezo - I feel like I am in the same boat as you. Pre-surgery I was 284. Surgery day was 275. And now... 6 weeks post-op, I am 265. I just got my first fill two days ago. I am eating mushies for a couple of days, so I don't know what will happen when I start on solids. I guess I had much higher expectations?? I thought I would not be hungry, but I am. I have read everything about "bandster hell" and I do understand it; I'm just frustrated. I've started walking, so I am hoping that will help. I just feel like I should have lost more than 10 lbs in the last 6 weeks. It's a pity party here. LOL

:crying:It will get better or so I've told myself.....My nurse keeps telling me that as of now there really is no pouch because the band is so loose that everything fells through....I beleive it because even though I am on solid foods I am not filling up. I have been eating lots of chicken breast w/no problems at all....Do any of you have alot of port site pain? I am due my first fill in a week and I really want it but I am still so sore there that I don't know if I can stand it...???:smile2:

:crying:It will get better or so I've told myself.....My nurse keeps telling me that as of now there really is no pouch because the band is so loose that everything fells through....I beleive it because even though I am on solid foods I am not filling up. I have been eating lots of chicken breast w/no problems at all....Do any of you have alot of port site pain? I am due my first fill in a week and I really want it but I am still so sore there that I don't know if I can stand it...???:thumbup:

I am in the same boat. Although I got my first fill today. I'm on fluids again for 2 days then we'll see how it goes. But before the fill I could eat as much as I did before with no problems. My port has been pretty painful this week too. Maybe it's because we are doing so much more and still have a bit of time left before we are done healing!! Hang in there!!! A few months from now we won't remember this!

I could have written this post..... I actually did write something similar to it in another post lol..... Its not that I feel hungry all the time because I dont. I get hungry about 3-4 times a day and so I eat something. I hit the 1500 calorie mark today because I ate some fried chicken with refried Beans at dinner. NOT a good healthy food, but mushy nonetheless. I have been able to pretty much tolerate anything except bread---bread and I dont seem to get along anymore which is okay.

I made sure to hit the gym and worked off about a third of the calories I took in today but I have gained back about 3-4 lbs since starting mushies last week. I measure out my food and try not to eat more than 1-2 cups at any given time, but at this point Im worried even that is too much because I dont always feel full afterwards AND Ive gained back weight. My body is still trying to balance out "how much" and what I should be eating in order to go back to losing weight. I hope it gets easier for you.

O.K. yall (don't tell anybody) but I must confess......Today I am 5 weeks post-op and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.....I went out and ate crawfish....not a lb. or two but I ate as though I had no surgery...well almost I HAD to stop myself they were so good but I felt upset afterwards saying to myself dam I really DON'T have ANY restriction what so ever.....(so why the he!! was I chewing food a million times b-f swallowing....and why have I baby sips every ounce of Water I have drank when I have been really thirsty.......Man after tonight I pray that my fills help and my tool at least lets me know it is there (other than the piercing paun I get from time 2 time).........Well I am going to bed and mull over what I have done tonight....I'll try not 2 spank myself all night lol....ttyl......

Don't worry so much I too was banded on March 24th, I am already on regular food and had my first fill yesterday. I too felt like I was eating to much, and I probably was but now that I have had my first fill and have talked with my doctor I feel like I am on track. My band was completly empty until my first fill, he put in 5cc's My doctor told me to only eat 6 to 8 oz at each meal, and I am to stay away from carbs. So I have started weight out my food so I don't go over. Please keep in touch we can compare notes and share out concerns.

Jill

FL

Wow 5 cc's my doc will only do 1-1 &1/2 cc's each time....How big is your band?

My lapband is a size regular