Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Support

I"m 2 weeks away from my lapban surgery, and I am getting abit nervous. someone come to me rescuse and ese these jitters. This is all new to me, know hardly nothing. Went blank when i was in the doctors office. Had no questions and now thats all I have.

I'm going in on Wed and I'm jittery too, although I've done lots of research, got all my questions answered and know this is what I need.

What kinds of questions do you have? I'm sure you'll get lots of answers and support here!

There is nothing that says you can't call the office and ask your questions. Just be sure to bring them written down.

I don't know that anyone can ease your jitters, since that is part of the normal process.

use the search function for specific questions. You will be amazed at what you find.

I quess my first question is this procedure very painful and how long does it usually takes a person to heal and go about daily routine. Molly having problems even getting around out here so you know I need all the help i can get:guess

Vinesqueen I"m having problems navagating out here :guess - never did this before so try to have patience if I don't reply back soon. Thank you for your info

The only pain I had post-surgery was gas pain. It was less than a week and I was back to normal. It will be over soon & you will be updating us on your progress! Smiles & hugs sent to you!

Ebonysilk,

I had pain only for the first few days, then just more tired than anything else. I would say it took me from start to finish maybe a month from the day of surgery to not even knowing I had a surgery done. The message boards are great for reading other peoples experiences. I would say you still have two weeks before your surgery, schedule another appt. with your surgeon and this time come preppared, write down all those questions you have and just go down the list with him. Dont worry, they are used to this. Your surgeon would rather have you be totally comfortable with what your about to go through, the less stress you feel, the better you will heal. It sounds like your worried of the unkown, so get yourself informed, you will be much happier for it. Good luck.

I think the worst pain is the gas and that is bearable. Chew up 2 gas x pills really well, walk in the hospital and when you get home. I did not even need the pain meds the doctor prescribed. I was told to get adult liquid tylenol and I only took that twice. The tylenol really knocked me out when I did take it and I weighed 4hundred something at the time. Everything will be fine. I'm sure you will have a wonderful hospital staff as I did it. Don't stress to much because this is what you have been waiting for. It will be the stepping stone to your future.

I have to agree - the gas pain in my left shoulder was much more painful than my stomach. My stomach just felt like I had done a bunch of situps - not really pain, but sore. I didn't even have any bruising. I guess it took about 2 weeks before I finally felt "normal" again.

I'm just getting started with the lapband process. i have the jitters too! However I've dont a lot of research and these lapbanders have help me out a lot. The best advise I have, it to know ask the Doctor all the questions you can. " No question is stupid" I wish you luck.