Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

results not typical

Thanks for chiming in Lil Miss Diva!! I am a slow looser but that doesnt mean I am gorging on 1000 calorie chicken wings. You are correct about choosing what threads to read. Congrats to all on your success! I am happy with mine slow as it may be. Good luck everyone!

Hey Mljalways, it looks like you are doing great to me! You are almost half way to your goal... I can't wait to be where you are ~ hang in there!

Hey why can't this be a new fast losers club??? hmmmmmm

Mljalways, just as you're happy with your weight loss (which you should be), I'm happy with mine. Thanks for your input on this thread and best of luck.

I also apologize if my chicken wing remark seemed harsh and I do realize that this is supposed to a "support" group, but honestly, there is a fine line between supporting and enabling. It's fine and well to say if you don't like a thread don't read it, but you really can't undo what you've already read? I mean, I opened up what I thought was a "support" thread and what it turned out to be was basically a manual on how to out-eat the band, down to what foods "slip" by the band. It wasn't really something I wanted to read when what I was looking for was people who were struggling but still sticking to the rules. I was incredibly frustrated, but you're right, I won't be reading it again, and I've thankfully found several threads that, in my opinion, provide the support that *I'm* looking for. To each their own, I guess.

Allie, we should make this thread our fast losers group. I totally agree! Wednesday is my weigh day and the scale is innnn... and I'm down 10 pounds this weeek!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 more pounds until I hit the half-way mark.

I have lost faster (and more) than my doc even expected at right under 9 months out. I have been completely unfilled since February 4th and on pretty much a plateau since then. So, needless to say most of my loss was in the first 6 months.

One thing to think about though, is that the more you have to lose, typically the faster it comes off in the beginning.

I agree lacey.. The bulk of my weight I shed in the first 6 months and the last 4 months has been a lot slower. I have to work harder to lose but I expected that. I am really close to goal.. I actually am 13 pounds from original goal but picked a new goal..lol I never thought I would get to where I am now! I went shopping last night and I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to shop in the regular stores.. to have things just fit! I started out as a size 22-24 pants and 3x shirts.. I now wear a size 10 or 12 jean (depending on the brand) and a size L or XL shirt.. (my boobs are shrinking but still large at a 38 DD) If it werent for them I would be definetly a medium..lol. I understand the frustration of seeing threads where people are complaining they aren't losing and when you find out what they are eating it's just like what the heck, that's why you aren't losing but remember, we were all fat, we all had different reasons for being fat.. the band doesn't remove those reasons, it just helps you to get past them. Some people still want to eat the same way as before and that is there choice. They will lose the difference is fast and furious or slow and steady. Excercize is also another key.. But everyone knows that if you eat healthy, and excercize you will lose and lose fast. Just my two cents..

HEY ALLIE!!!!!!!!!! can i borrow some of those double dd's?????????? thats the only thing i'm missing now.....lol

HEY ALLIE!!!!!!!!!! can i borrow some of those double dd's?????????? thats the only thing i'm missing now.....lol

No double d's here either, more like double sad. Oh well my next journey..........PLASTIC SURGERY :)

Can you fast losers tell me what you're eating to see such great results? I am 7 weeks post-op and am still not sure what you all mean when you say "eat by the rules". Can you give me some direction? I want to be a fast loser!!!

WOW. this is very inspirational to read! I'm just beggining the process to get banded and I hope that mine goes just as well as you guys have done!

Any HUGE tips that really help? I already work out everyday and I enjoy working out.

So... if there is somethingelse that is very helpful PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

ait, I eat about 900-1000 calories a day. I make sure I focus on getting in my Protein, calicum, and Fiber. I get all of my Protein from food, not shakes or supplements (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I eat 3 meals a day and usually I eat at the same time every day. At around 1030 I'll have a fat free light yogurt (which is considered a liquid) and in the afternoon I'll have an 8 ounce glass of skim milk. Both are rich in protein and Calcium.

Another thing I do is drink a lot of Water or zero calorie fluids in between meals. I don't want to confuse dehydration with hunger, which I guess is easy to do if you don't drink enough. Also I do not drink 10 minutes before I eat nor do I drink anything for an hour after I eat.

Lastly, I exercise. I usually burn off what I eat during the day and then some. I cannot stress how important it is to get up and move. It not only helps facilitate weight loss, but it also lifts your spirit and makes me personally feel very accomplished. I work out at the gym for 1.5-2 hours 6-7 days a week. I also do a lot of walking.

Michelle, this is what has been working for me. If you can take something away from it.... great!!

I also lost hair around the 6 month mark. Mark sure you are getting enough Protein 40-60 grams a day as that was my problem. My hair has come back for the most part, just a little thinner in the temples. I also lost weight quickly. Banded Oct. 07 and hit 100# lost under 9 months. I am down 115# total and am happy where I am. Keep up the good work and the exercising helps the most!!!

Hello,

I was banded the end of october and an down from 316 to 209. 107 lbs so far. My doctor says I am doing great. I exercise alot to. It is still a slower weight loss then the bypass and your doctor is working with you so I think you are doing great. As long as you feel good.

Rae

WOW! You all are an inspiration to me to get off my fat butt and exercise!! I want to do it and seeing your results is the best motivation. I love the positive outlook all of you have. Keep up the good work and I am going to try and follow in your footsteps:wink:

Hey can I get in the fast losers club? I'm 5 months post op.I'm down from an 18 to a size 10 and I've lost 63 0f the 75 I set out to lose. Although I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lower my goal. I've had great success so far. I can't wait to get to goal.

hi to everyone and congrats on your sucess, i am wondering how you did it? i am to get my band on aug 10 2009 and i read all the sucsess stories and the amounts of weight lost and i cant understand how to acomplish the same goal. can some of you give me some ideas and tips on how to do this and achieve simular results, thanks