Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

results not typical

Hey everyone! I am so excited! I am booked for a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and thigh sculpting for December 14! I picked this day since #1 my hubby will be able to take time off from work to nurse me then and #2 so I can lose a little more and gain muscle before surgery! So excited!

ait, I eat about 900-1000 calories a day. I make sure I focus on getting in my Protein, calicum, and Fiber. I get all of my Protein from food, not shakes or supplements (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I eat 3 meals a day and usually I eat at the same time every day. At around 1030 I'll have a fat free light yogurt (which is considered a liquid) and in the afternoon I'll have an 8 ounce glass of skim milk. Both are rich in protein and Calcium.

Another thing I do is drink a lot of Water or zero calorie fluids in between meals. I don't want to confuse dehydration with hunger, which I guess is easy to do if you don't drink enough. Also I do not drink 10 minutes before I eat nor do I drink anything for an hour after I eat.

Lastly, I exercise. I usually burn off what I eat during the day and then some. I cannot stress how important it is to get up and move. It not only helps facilitate weight loss, but it also lifts your spirit and makes me personally feel very accomplished. I work out at the gym for 1.5-2 hours 6-7 days a week. I also do a lot of walking.

Michelle, this is what has been working for me. If you can take something away from it.... great!!

THANK YOU!!!! I have been searching for someone with your success. :)

Thank you for posting exactly what you do and what you eat. Though my loss has been fast compared to others it is not fast enough for me. and now just over 4 months out I have really noticed a huge slow down in my weight loss. I need to kick everyting up a notch. Thanks again for posting you really made my week.

THANK YOU!!!! I have been searching for someone with your success. :)

Thank you for posting exactly what you do and what you eat. Though my loss has been fast compared to others it is not fast enough for me. and now just over 4 months out I have really noticed a huge slow down in my weight loss. I need to kick everyting up a notch. Thanks again for posting you really made my week.

That's also fairly close to my diet at the moment, although my surgeon wants me to keep it as low as possible for as long as possible .. currently < 600cal/day, typically. Generally getting in 60g Protein -- all solid (shakes are liquid calories in addition to any nutrition, and thus won't keep you full as long as solids will).

I also have a 4oz yogurt in the morning, since I've had some rough mornings before. There are a couple of low-calorie/low-carb ones on the market -- take your pick.

The best lunch I've had so far, in terms of quantity, nutrition, and convenience, has got to be the Bumblebee tuna Sensations line. They're shelf-stable cans of tuna with an easy-to-peel cover. 5oz of fish, about 180cal, and lots of Protein (~30g, I think?). No mayo, either, but juicy (I've not had problems with it being too dry). You could fit one in a pocket, if you wanted. Salmon steaks are also good choices, and there are shelf-stable packets of those as well.

I tend to focus a bit on shelf-stable, since that makes it easy to keep a supply of them on-hand home or at work.

"K2O" brand protein Water can help get both Water and protein in, at only 50cal. You can get the individual serving size packets to mix at work.

Fuze Slenderize beverage -- 20cal per 16oz bottle of flavored water, lots of vit C.

I was banded about 8 weeks ago and have lost 66 pounds (need to update my ticker) but a bunch of that was pre-surgery. LOL Still, if the current rate keeps up, I will likely be considered a fast loser too, I guess. I'm working out a lot, and am very happy to be able to eat a reasonable diet (in variety and amount) and feel full and satisfied.

As for the hair loss... there are many other possible reasons. You can't just assume it's malnutrition or even not enough Protein.

Hormonal changes can create Hair loss, and we all know that our metabolic system (which we have just impacted in a major way) is tied into our hormonal system too.

I lost hair after every pregnancy. I assure you it wasn't malnutrition. LOL Nor was it lack of Protein.

I am losing hair now, but I am eating enough and getting enough protein in. So I think perhaps it's another cause, or maybe even a combination of causes.

I'm not panicking because I've been through this massive hair loss thing before, post pregnancy. I am pretty confident it will stop eventually, before I'm bald LOL and in the mean time, new hair IS coming in even as the old hair comes out.

What is a typical meal for you daily? From sunup tp sundown?? I am doing okay, not loosing as fast as i want but i have a hard time excersing because of a bad hip, i walk with a cane so walking is hard to, i will be able to do more when i get rid of cane, but cant til i loose more ..so see, i am going in circles

What is a typical meal for you daily? From sunup tp sundown?? I am doing okay, not loosing as fast as i want but i have a hard time excersing because of a bad hip, i walk with a cane so walking is hard to, i will be able to do more when i get rid of cane, but cant til i loose more ..so see, i am going in circles

Hi Texas Rose, I have a similar problem... I have had my foot reconstructed after an accident so very limited in mobility/exercise. And of course I ate to console myself...

and the bigger I got the harder it is to walk, because I have a dodgy foot carrying an ever-increasing weight.

I am hoping (praying) that band will be the solution... I was 106.8 kg at the beginning of July. I have done 4 days of Optifast and weighed myself this morning and I was 101.0 kg. so happy with that!!! My doctor said I have to get to 100kg before surgery so only 1kg to go - which shouldnt be a problem with 12 days to go. Surgery is on 13th August.

Any experience with lapband results where mobility is limited would be appreciated (tips, how you went, rate of loss etc)

My goal is to get to 60kg - which will mean a 46.8kg total loss.

I am 165cm tall and 44 years old.

Does anyone know if this is a reasonable goal or expectation? I see the photos in the gallery of people that have achieved great results, yet still wonder if this is really possible for me.

xxx

Oh yes, it is very possible. I have lost 60 in 6 months, not as much as i wanted, but i feel and look better, i plan on having 50 more off by xmas. I have to say i do cheat some, and i am going to stop, if i did not cheat i would do so much better. Exercise is good, but it can still be done without it. I atry to do some simple easy ones, i have seen a lady on tv that does a lot of them from a sitting possition. I dont know her name, but i am going to go buy one of her excersie vidioes and try it out. You too will be fine and do well..good luck

dee

texas rose,

my typical day is the following:

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee with sweet and low and Creamer (I can't eat before 11 a.m. I am to tight in the mornings)

lunch- around 11:30 - 3 oz tuna or chicken mixed with mayo. some type of veggie usually 1 piece of romaine chopped up really well with dressing.

dinner- around 5:00- 4 oz meat (usually fish or steak) 2 oz veggie. ( I tend to use sauces so it helps the food go down)

snack - around 7:00- 100 calorie ice cream or candy ( I have a major sweet tooth sometimes I have 2 Snacks a day)

I try and drink at minimum 32 oz of Water every day. My daily goal is 64 oz.

I really don't eat any carbs except once in a while I will have a snack size bag of cheetos. I just don't have room for carbs.

I am not a big excercizer but I do keep my body moving, if a commercial is on I get up and walk around. I don't want to be a couch potatoe and feel guilty when I sit to long.

I hope that helps. I have lost all my weight in 13 months and am loving life. I am booked for plastic surgery in December and can hardly wait. I wish all of you great success!

breakfast - 2 cups of coffee with sweet and low and creamer (I can't eat before 11 a.m. I am to tight in the mornings)

I've taken to 4oz of yogurt for similar reasons.

lunch- around 11:30 - 3 oz tuna or chicken mixed with mayo. some type of veggie usually 1 piece of romaine chopped up really well with dressing.

I hadn't thought of romaine mixed with tuna salad. Growing up, it was usually pickle, maybe some celery. Interesting. I'm not brave enough to try whole leaves yet, but shredded's stayed down.

I'm a big fan of Bumblebee's Tuna Sensations. 5oz of shelf-stable, pre-seasoned tuna, ready-to-eat without mayo. Great size for meals.

snack - around 7:00- 100 calorie ice cream or candy ( I have a major sweet tooth sometimes I have 2 Snacks a day)

I really don't eat any carbs except once in a while I will have a snack size bag of cheetos. I just don't have room for carbs.

Well, aside from the 100-200 cal of ice cream or candy, unless you're getting the sugar free varieties (definitely a reason to read labels). This is a love-hate relationship for me: for me, sugar alcohols (maltitol, etc) can lead to what I imagine is a form of dumping syndrome. This was true for years before my surgery.

I hope that helps. I have lost all my weight in 13 months and am loving life. I am booked for plastic surgery in December and can hardly wait. I wish all of you great success!

Congrats! Post pictures :biggrin:

I've taken to 4oz of yogurt for similar reasons.

(after my last fill I could no longer eat even yogurt before 11. Sometimes I even struggle with coffee)

I hadn't thought of romaine mixed with tuna salad. Growing up, it was usually pickle, maybe some celery. Interesting. I'm not brave enough to try whole leaves yet, but shredded's stayed down.

(I don't mix the romaine with the tuna it's seperate. lol)

I'm a big fan of Bumblebee's Tuna Sensations. 5oz of shelf-stable, pre-seasoned tuna, ready-to-eat without mayo. Great size for meals.

(I like these as well)

Well, aside from the 100-200 cal of ice cream or candy, unless you're getting the sugar free varieties (definitely a reason to read labels). This is a love-hate relationship for me: for me, sugar alcohols (maltitol, etc) can lead to what I imagine is a form of dumping syndrome. This was true for years before my surgery.

(I wish I had problems with sugars.. that is my downfall even though it hasn't stopped me from losing.. I just eat one instead of the whole bag now lol)

Congrats! Post pictures :biggrin:

:biggrin: I hope you can see the pics I attached the after pic was taken about 2 months ago. I have lost an addtional 10-15 since then

post-240908-13813138598951_thumb.jpg

post-240908-13813138599252_thumb.jpg

Dam girl..you look great..i have that same belly..i cant excerise, like i said because of hip..i have been using a gut buster latly..what did you do to get rid of that belly??? Amazing, you should be so proud.

T-rose..dee

:biggrin: I hope you can see the pics I attached the after pic was taken about 2 months ago. I have lost an addtional 10-15 since then

Fantastic work!

It's nice to be able to decide for yourself whether a shirt becomes a halter top :biggrin:

Dam girl..you look great..i have that same belly..i cant excerise, like i said because of hip..i have been using a gut buster latly..what did you do to get rid of that belly??? Amazing, you should be so proud.

T-rose..dee

On the off-chance, have you considered trying out a different type of shoe, or is the hip actually degenerated?

I couldn't walk more than a few minutes, myself, from knee and fasciitis problems, and frequently had pain just walking from my bed to my bathroom. I switched to MBT shoes (MBT - MBT Shoes - Home of the Anti shoe), and within a couple days the problems cleared up and I was walking 40-75 minutes without issue. I understand from others that it can help with hip and back pain, but I've no information on the type or extent of problems they'd affect.

There are other alternative shoes out there, as well. Yesterday, I picked up some of these, which are more like going barefoot: Vibram Five Fingers: Discover the Barefooting Alternative

The point of this is, of course, that you might be able to get some relief by altering your footware, which changes your gait, which affects the stress on various joints in your body.

It might be worth your while. Even if it increases your mobility a little, that's a good thing.

Thanks, i will check into those..its worth a shot