Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein mixes that mix well with Water and don't taste like well you know. Only one that I have found that works the best is Isopure Alpine Punch. It mixes well with Water and tastes just like fruit punch.

Is this a powder or a pre mixed drink in a bottle?

Protein mixes that mix well with Water and don't taste like well you know. Only one that I have found that works the best is Isopure Alpine Punch. It mixes well with Water and tastes just like fruit punch.

Is this a powder or a pre mixed drink in a bottle?

Isopure makes both. I prefer the powder b/c I'm a cheap (Donkey). The bottles cost about 40 bucks for 16 and the powder costs about the same and can make about 3 times that. If you get the bottles though any flavor tastes good. If you get the powder only one like is fruite punch. I've tried several different types and hated them.

My doctor gave me Isopure Protein drinks in my post-op "kit" and they are SO much better than any shake I've had! They are more like Gatoraid. You can buy them at GNC -- they have 42 (or 44?) grams of Protein, no carbs & no sugar.

I really found shakes to be disgusting, and am a total convert to the Isopure drinks (the red one is probably my favorite -- Alpine Punch).

Best wishes,

Catherine

Thanks for the Isopure tips. I do have 3 bottles in my refrigerator that I have been saving for the week after surgery. And yes one of them is alpine punch...LOL. But i guess I am lucky that I have found a milk based shake that I love. It is truly no hardship for me to drink my nectar chocolate truffle shake as long as I put a half a banana in it... :blink:.

But I do have another question. If I want to make all at one time enough shakes for a whole day, will it be ok in the refrigerator or does it get icky if it sits too long? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks for the Isopure tips. I do have 3 bottles in my refrigerator that I have been saving for the week after surgery. And yes one of them is alpine punch...LOL. But i guess I am lucky that I have found a milk based shake that I love. It is truly no hardship for me to drink my nectar chocolate truffle shake as long as I put a half a banana in it... :blink:.

But I do have another question. If I want to make all at one time enough shakes for a whole day, will it be ok in the refrigerator or does it get icky if it sits too long? Has anyone tried this?

I tried making them early once. When you make the shakes the Protein tends to settle at the bottom. might be ok but glasses will be hell to clean afterwards.

For the convenience of being able to buy them almost anywhere, Slimfast Low Carb is great. I love the chocolate, it has 20 grams of Protein and only 2 grams of carbs. No mixing necessary.

My doctor ok'd "Slim Fast LOW CARB", not Slim Fast Optima. In my opinion it's the best one I've had yet.

I find it a bit confusing that Sllim Fast "High Protein Diet" has onlly 15 grams of protein while the "Low Carb Diet" has 20...that's misleading. You have to read the labels. I ruled out "Optima" because it has like 9 grams. But the good news is, the Low Carb Diet version is getting easier to find and I like the chocolate.< /p>

My doc and nutritionist told me not to drink Slim Fast. I forgot why not.

My nutritionist said no Slimfast, Atkins, Boost, Ensure or Carnation Breakfast.

One of the presurgery requirements for my surgeon's patients is to try at least two different Protein shakes before surgery to find out what you like. I have tried the EAS 100% whey Protein (chocolate flavor), shaken w/ ff milk. Tastes just like chocolate milk to me. I have tried the ON 100% whey Protein (vanilla ice cream flavor). I have mixed it with ff ice cream and milk in a blender -- tastes just like a vanilla milkshake. And I have also tried the Designer Whey 100% Whey, strawberry Flavor. I mixed that in a blender w/ mixed berry ff, sf yogurt, some frozen berries and a little ff milk. It was very yummy and kept me full for several hours.

The nutrtionist in my surgeons practice gave us this rule for selecting protein drinks:

There should be no more than 10 calories for every gram of protein.

Edited by TSB
typo

My nutritionist said no Slimfast, Atkins, Boost, Ensure or Carnation Breakfast.

One of the presurgery requirements for my surgeon's patients is to try at least two different Protein shakes before surgery to find out what you like. I have tried the EAS 100% Whey Protein (chocolate flavor), shaken w/ ff milk. Tastes just like chocolate milk to me. I have tried the ON 100% Whey Protein (vanilla ice cream flavor). I have mixed it with ff ice cream and milk in a blender -- tastes just like a vanilla milkshake. And I have also tried the Designer Whey 100% Whey, strawberry Flavor. I mixed that in a blender w/ mixed berry ff, sf yogurt, some frozen berries and a little ff milk. It was very yummy and kept me full for several hours.

The nutrtionist in my surgeons practice gave us this rule for selecting protein drinks:

There should be no more than 10 calories for every gram of protein.

I'll stick with my Isopure with Water and save the protein mixed with icecream or milk for special occasions, keeps me from getting burned out on one thing.

My doc wants us to get between 60-80 grams of Protein a day. I haven't had any problem with gas. And once I began to reach that amount each day, my hair stopped falling out and my weight loss became steadier. :thumbup:

I have tried all the shakes, and powders..... BLECH!!

I use peach Proslam 27 and mix it with iced tea. It is really refreshing and I actually look forward to it. Isopure is also a favorite of mine. 40 grams of protein in one bottle! Can't beat that! They are both low in sugar and carbs. Hope this helps! :sad:

Hugs,

My doc wants us to get between 60-80 grams of Protein a day. I haven't had any problem with gas. And once I began to reach that amount each day, my hair stopped falling out and my weight loss became steadier. :thumbup:

I have tried all the shakes, and powders..... BLECH!!

I use peach Proslam 27 and mix it with iced tea. It is really refreshing and I actually look forward to it. Isopure is also a favorite of mine. 40 grams of Protein in one bottle! Can't beat that! They are both low in sugar and carbs. Hope this helps! :sad:

Hugs,

my doctor told me to get about 150 grams of protein a day. I think the problem people have with gas is getting all their protein in one sitting. They hear wow 50 grams of proten in 2 scoops, why not have 4 scoops, thats even better. Which in actuallity isn't. Your body can't handle that much at once. Thats what causes the gas. Do a search on too much protein and side affects.

If you are interested in a ready-to-drink Protein shake, Worldwide Protein shakes are great. They are milk based, come in Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, banana and Cookies 'n Cream (tastes like Oreos). Vitamin Shoppe carries all the flavors in their stores and online. !60-170 cals, 35g Protein, 1g fat (0.5 sat/fat), 3-4 carbs, and 1g sugar. Individually they cost $2.79, but if you buy a 12 pack it is $27.99, or about $2.33 each. Sometimes online you can get a free shipping deal depending on how much you buy.

I have EAS Vanilla powder, and a strawberry from a local gym called Team Vic. I mainly use them at home to make smoothies. I have used unjury too. For grab and go convenience, and a good amount of protein, Worldwide Protein Shakes are great. On the can they say protein supplement only, not for use in weight reduction, but I went to a link I found here once to Brigham Womens Hospital Bariatric Program, and Worldwide shakes were on their list of approved Protein drinks for thier patients.