Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heading to OCC-Mexico in May?

Hello out there!

I am trying to network with anyone who is traveling to the OCC Mexico to have surgery by Dr. Ortiz. I have not officially scheduled the procedure yet, but I am thinking of having it mid/late-May. I just have to call the office with my decision.

Like many, I had my heart set on having the procedure here in the US, but then my insurance plan changed to exclude LB surgery effective 4/1/09. So, here I am back to the proverbial drawing board again...

Let me know if anyone out there would like to connect!

Rach

Hi, I am going to MX in either late May or early June, but I chose Dr Rumbrant because he does the single insision surgery and I have enough scares to begin with!

I'm getting my surgery done by Dr. Ortiz on May 8. I arrive on May 7 from Vancouver and fly back on May 10. I'm going to start my pre-op tomorrow...two shakes and one lean cuisine a day. I will most likely cheat over Easter but I'm giving myself almost 5 weeks to drop about 15 lbs before the surgery date.:welldoneclap:

I'm getting my surgery done by Dr. Ortiz on May 8. I arrive on May 7 from Vancouver and fly back on May 10. I'm going to start my pre-op tomorrow...two shakes and one lean cuisine a day. I will most likely cheat over Easter but I'm giving myself almost 5 weeks to drop about 15 lbs before the surgery date.:welldoneclap:

Wow :scared2:thats a really loooong preop diet! My doc only has me on Clear Liquids the day before surgery. :grouphug: I wouldnt be able to make it threw a month of a strict diet like that. But it will be worth it. Ill try to send some will power from my end!! Good luck :o:smile2:

I'm scheduled for Friday May 1st with Dr. Ortiz - flying down Thurs April 30th. April is so busy with work that I have a feeling that I will blink and it will be here! Good luck on your journey!!

Edited by lawgirl

Thank you!

I booked my surgery today. May 14th is my BIG day! Woo hoo! I'm excited and anxious all at the same time. :(

Good luck everyone!

hi mexico banditos. my name is sandi, i am from victoria bc. having my band done by dr kuri on may 19th. i feel like i am in a holding pattern and just waiting to take off (literally and figuratively):sneaky:. i have a friend coming with me. is everyone else doing the same. it was recommended. sandi

Hi, Sandi! Congrats on the upcoming journey! My husband is coming with me - although I think that he is more worried about it than I am so I will probably be the one comforting him.

The only thing that I'm a little concerned about is that my doctor can't prescribe pain medication in the States. I spoke with his office this a.m. and was told that while I probably won't need anything (I've already got a stock of Tylenol liquid on hand) that he can give me meds to take back across the border. I just need to make sure that I'm complying with all the laws before bringing anything back. The last thing I need is to be detained at the border!

Hi, Sandi! Congrats on the upcoming journey! My husband is coming with me - although I think that he is more worried about it than I am so I will probably be the one comforting him.

The only thing that I'm a little concerned about is that my doctor can't prescribe pain medication in the States. I spoke with his office this a.m. and was told that while I probably won't need anything (I've already got a stock of Tylenol liquid on hand) that he can give me meds to take back across the border. I just need to make sure that I'm complying with all the laws before bringing anything back. The last thing I need is to be detained at the border!

Can you ask your Dr. here in the states if he'd perscribe something for you just in case?? I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems carrying it over since you'll have proof that you just had surgery.

I am heading down to Dr. Ortiz on Thursday the 21st and surgery the 22nd!!! Keep us posted on how it goes. Especially how TJ's atmosphere is.

I am scheduled with Dr. Ortiz for May 15th! I can't believe this is actually happening! I am so excited and nervous. Does anyone have any advice regarding choosing the Marriot or the Hotel Lucerna? Anyone getting any dental work done, also? I was considering it. Maybe I'll wait until I go back for my follow-up/fill 6-8 weeks post op.

I will be flying in on Thursday from Dallas. Flying home on Sunday.

:smile:

Sheila

I am scheduled with Dr. Ortiz for May 15th! I can't believe this is actually happening! I am so excited and nervous. Does anyone have any advice regarding choosing the Marriot or the Hotel Lucerna? Anyone getting any dental work done, also? I was considering it. Maybe I'll wait until I go back for my follow-up/fill 6-8 weeks post op.

I will be flying in on Thursday from Dallas. Flying home on Sunday.

:)

Sheila

Congrats Sheila,

Im getting excited too! OMG its almost here!! :scared2:I wish I would have had the money to do it this winter because it would have been nice to be down a few pounds for the summer but oh well. Theres always next summer. Im getting really nervous. Im going to MX alone because my hubby cant get time off work and I dont want to go with anyone else. Id rather go alone if he cant come. I was hoping to meet someone here who was going to Dr Rumbrant in May so maybe I could get the same weekend and I could know someone, but I havent met anyone who is planning on using him :w00t:. So looks like Im just going to have to put on my brave face and do it alone:cool2:. Its scary thinking of being in another country and having surgery without my hubby there. I just keep telling myself that this is a very well respected doctor who Ive done a lot of reserch on, and he isnt going to do anything weird to me. I have called a few of his patients off his referal list and also talked to a few people who used him here and everyone has nothing but nice things to say about him so that makes me feel a little bit better. Im going to get threw this and come out so happy I had the balls to do it. :smile:

Can you ask your Dr. here in the states if he'd perscribe something for you just in case?? I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems carrying it over since you'll have proof that you just had surgery.

that is a good idea. get some drugs before you leave. things like tylenol #3 are crushable and would prob work better for post op discomfor. also my patient coord. said Dr.Kuri would give me a prescription for ketorolac (dolac) as well to get filled in tj the night before the surgery. hope this is helpful. sandi

Hi all! I am having my surgery on May 21st! With Dr.Ortiz. I am super excited! I live in Southern California and visit Mexico quit often. My BMI is 31 I am 5'7

Hey Junk..

Maybe I'll see you there. Mine is the 22nd with Ortiz!!! Where in SoCal are you? I'm Corona, 951! Good luck with your surgery!