Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

havent lost anything

ok so I am 7 weeks out from my banding( first fill a week away) and I have not lost a pound since surgery?!?!?!? Before surgery. I havent gained any but I just dont know?? ok i know what yer thinking, Im eating more....NOPE....Im not exercising....I AM. so anyone else have this problem???

YES!! I am 10 weeks out from surgery, and only down 8 lbs and I didnt lose any of that until my 1st fill (at 3 weeks) I am now going to get my 3rd fill on tuesday, I already have 5.5cc's in. I have been kepping track of my food in a journal and exercising almost every day. I'm even doing real cardio workouts now ( I could'nt do them before) so I do feel more fit and I have gotten alot firmer but it is very discouraging when the scale does'nt move. Just work out like a fiend,because the band does'nt work as well for some as it does for others unfortunately. Good Luck!

My band didn't really start working for me until i had at least 7.5cc's in it... so you will have to rely on your own will power for a little while, because you will be able to eat most of what you ate before until you get to the proper restriction...

How many calories are you eating? I know that it sounds strange, but sometimes if you are eating too few, your body will try to hold onto fat and go into starvation mode. Maybe meet with your nutritionist and see if she has any suggestions? Good luck!

Also, the first bit of time after getting banded is not about losing weight, but about healing. Many people lose weight at this time, due to the restricted diet they are advised to eat by their Dr. Some do not. I'm sure you're read it hear before, but the band is just a tool and it still takes eating right to make it work. Check your calorie intake and see if you need to adjust it.

I didn't lose right after surgery. My doctor pointed out that the month or so after surgery is for healing, not for weight loss. My weight loss didn't really start until almost 3 months out. During the first three months, I think I only lost about pounds. Everyone's body is different, so not everyone will lose huge amounts of weight in the beginning. Don't get discouraged this soon in the game. Give it some time. Also, remember that you may not have any fill in your band to aid your weight loss (most docs leave the bands empty when they put them in). Just try to continue to watch what you eat and be patient. Good luck!

I gained 10 Lbs in the month following surgery. I've since lost 140 lbs. My one year anniversary is in two weeks. Don't lose hope! You haven't even had a fill yet right? Don't stress! That will change everything!

I understand that the fill will help with restriction - so the weight loss will come.

BUT, if you are following a strict diet and consuming little calories, why won't the weight come off?

I get on the scale every morning and I just don't understand.

I really can't believe I'm NOT losing weight.

I understand that the fill will help with restriction - so the weight loss will come.

BUT, if you are following a strict diet and consuming little calories, why won't the weight come off?

There are a couple of possibilities. It could be that you are being too restrictive with your calories. In that case, your body is in starvation mode. It will hold on to everything and cause your weight loss to stall. The other could be that after coming off of the liquid phase of the post-op diet, that you are losing weight, but you are also displacing what was basically an empty colon (TMI?) with solid waste. In that case, you are losing weight, but the adding of solid waste to your colon makes the scale stay the same. Start measuring yourself. That is a better way to tell if you are losing than just relying on the scale's numbers. Good luck to all of you!

Are you drinking enough Water? Your body needs water and to have weight loss you have to stay hydrated. That was the hardest thing for me to grasp yet when I drank my water and ate right the weight came off....and yes count your calories too!!!! The first few weeks is about healing a LOT of ppl dont start losing until after their fills....its takes time unfortunately. Good luck!!

You're not alone! I was banded only 2 days before you on 3/9/09. I've only lost 4lbs since surgery. I'm putting my faith in what the others posting here are saying - and as you can see from their signatures - they were successful. I really appreciate thier input and I'm glad you're posting as well so I know that I'm not alone. As someone else has said, i do notice some change in inches lost.

Let's hang in there!