Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GOOD PROTEINS that appeal to us.....

O.K. my surgery was 3/23/09.....I am having a hard time......As of today especially evening I am HUNGREY.....I have been having Protein delimmas.....I started with this powder that I mix in juice or pudding well that was only 10 grams.....I don't want to consume alot of food or juice at one time....So my Beef (Hubby) went to GNC and got me a case of the vials w/42 grams of protein.....BUT NASTY...it was grape...I still need to do liquids for another week so we need to compose a list of things that we can eat that don't have to be a huge serving to get in our protein.....I know I am probably late but I just had 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and just so happened to notice that is has 7 grams, hey I can do that.....I am starting to get nervous about FOOD and I want salt....I actually sucked on 4 cheese puffs today to get a salty taste.....Then someone mentioned that Pork rinds has protein and no carbs....?????????:)

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/browse/default.asp?catid=2832&trx=BS-43576&trxp1=HP&trxp2=0&trxp3=2832&brand=43576

This is the Protein my doctors office sold me and its the best I have had. I've tried the chocolate and Cookies and cream (if you blend it with 8oz Water or fat free milk and ice its like an oreo shake). I can only drink about 4oz at a time but it leaves me filling full. It has about 25 grams of Protein plus 11 grams from the milk. 3 shakes a day plus what I got from the broth got me to my 110 grams during my liquid stage.

Now that I'm on soft foods I still use that shakes and scrambled or hard boiled eggs and fish even caned tuna or crab work they are very soft. Soft cheeses are high in protein and help with the salt craving and I also like those new spray salad dressings to add flavor and salt to most food and are only 1 cal for 10 sprays and no sugar.

Hopes this helps

Dani

Band 3/17/2009

277lbs/251lbs/The Goal 165lbs

Edited by Dani13

I love Syntrax Nectar Sweets in chocolate truffle. It's a powder. My favorite way to drink it is to mix it with a little cold skim milk (to get it dissolved with no lumps) and then add warm skim milk (from the microwave) and it makes a yummy hot chocolate drink with tons of Protein. Last night I blended the powder with a little milk, ice and 2Tbsp Peanut Butter and it made a yummy shake.

Right after surgery I liked Labrada Lean Body ready to drink in strawberry and vanilla.

I ordered them both at vitaminshoppe.com but I bet GNC would have them.

Good Luck,

Sherry

Is it the matrix 5.o ?????

Yup it's the matrix 5.0. It comes in tons of flavors, some are a little too sweet for me like the fruit flavors but the chocolate isn't and if you like coffee drinks there is a Cappuccino flavor that's good by it's self or mixed half and half with the chocolate iced or warm like sherryred73 suggested....you really have to get creative with it....or all those liquids will drive you crazy!

weight.png

Edited by Dani13

I totally feel you. I am still on liquids, then next week I'm on pureeds. I have acutally had the FLU ontop of recovering, let me tell you this has been the WORST week of my life. But anyway, yeah, I feel you with Protein. I could use suggestions too! I can't stand the Isopure I bought. BARF!

I got a small chili from Wendys today and put half of it in the chopper and added a little cheese. The chili had 7g of Protein and 80 cals for half and the cheese had 5g of protein and 60 cals. I feel like I got a pretty good meal, very satisfying with only 140 cals and a good 12g of protein.

Thats good to know....Chili sounds good 2 me....I ate 2 lil round laughing cow light cheese thingy.s dipped in a mix of tomatoe Soup and pizza quick sauce...120 cal. and 12 grams protein......While my family had pizza.....I had the flavor and it worked...Is anyone getting any restriction at this point I am 1 week post op

A little tip for you...the Protein vials are best if you put half of it in a cold bottle of Water plus Crystal light. In your case I would go with grape to match your Protein. Don't try to drink the whole vial at once as your body won't absorb more than 20+ mg.

I also like Oh yeah! In vanilla and chocolate, nectar - Apple Ecstasy, Labrada Lean Body - chocolate Milk shake. I got a great sample starter pack from bariatriceating.com

It was a great way to try the different shakes without committing to buying a large one and then disliking it.

I ate some scrambled eggs with cheese this morning, didn't love it but at least it was Protein. I do not have any restriction right now. I just need to make it to my first appointment so I can get a fill and than I will be OK. Its hard when you are in the mushies stage because it is hard to tell if you have restriction because everything you eat goes right down anyways :P

Here's an egg recipe that some of you may like.

It's a baked egg...

Spray a ramekin with cooking spray.

Crack one egg into the ramekin

Add one serving of light Boursin cheese(about a tablespoon)

Sprinkle about a teaspoon of chicken broth over the mixture

Sprinkle with black pepper, salt and finely chopped basil leaf.

Bake for 15 minutes

You don't have to use Boursin cheese...you can use any light or low fat/fat free cheese. Once you're able to tolerate meat you can add pieces of proscuitto to it. You can also add green onions, garlic, red peppers etc.

It's a nice way to have a soft egg with flavor.

I bought Pro-Stat 64, it is pretty good, serving size is two tablespoons and 15g of Protein.< /p>

Hey guys just wanted yall 2 know I have tried the little laughing cow light little cheese dics and there o.k. but a little pricy and they have 6 grams of protein...I bought regular string cheese today that has 8 grams and its cheaper and taste much better.....

Pezo- did it seem like the laughing cow cheese was creamier and smoother. I am still finding the string cheese to be kinda dry and I want to make sure evrerything goes down smoothly.

Last night I made some ground turkey and put it in the chopper, turned it pretty much to paste, added some taco seasoning and some refried Beans, little bit of salsa and cheese and really felt like I was eating tacos:w00t: It was so yummy!