Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Child with the stomach "flu"

OMG, I am so petrified. My kid has the stomach flu, and I was just banded on the 11th. I am so scared that I might get it. I did call my doc's office, and the little gal there said I should keep the anti-nausea medicine handy. I just wonder, how strong is this medicine? Will it be enough? I am just petrified that I am going to get this, and my husband doesn't understand the importance of him being the one to sanitize the areas where there's been vomit. I am staying on liquids until I am sure the danger has passed, but I am so scared....

I feel for you. My kids just went through a round of the flu when I had my first surgery and then again with my third surgery.

I have 3 boys ages 17, 7, and one just turned 5. I taught them to walk around carrying a kitchen pot. It makes clean up so much easier. They even sleep with one in the bed with them. It use to bother my husband but he eventually saw the practicality of it and now supports it.

The day after my 3rd surgery where they closed my band again my little one started throwing up. I could not sleep in bed I was using the recliner but after a few days, maybe 5, I was going to go back to work so my husband slept with my little one on the sofa bed and I got the bed.

This flu is something else. We took my son to the doc like 3 times before the throwing up finally stopped. I think it started on the 13 of this month and as of yesterday I had to take him back again because his ear started hurting.

Just stay away and spray everything with Lysol. I have not gotten sick yet and hope it stays that way. I hope you stay healthy too.

I was given a prescription prior to surgery for an antinausea (can't remember the name at the moment), but it dissolves under your tongue -- they give it to chemo patients alot. I had to take one a few weeks after surgery and it stopped the nausea cold that I had for some mysterious reason. The main thing is to not panic. Use hand sanitizer, don't kiss your kids or even hug them for a few days. You should be fine!

You are already doing everything you can do by having anti-nausea meds near and sticking with liquids. Hopefully you can avoid it if you keep disinfecting everything and avoiding kisses or snuggles :0)

Good luck.