Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have had dinner plans for weeks but now I'm on "liquids"

Need some creative advice here...

it's such a bummer to have had these dinner plans for weeks with friends and now after an unpleasant "pb", I am on liquids.

I know for sure the new place everyone has been dying to go to does not serve soup- it's a BBQ place.

I am not going to spoil everyone's fun and change the place- but how akward for me to make some story up why I can't eat! what to do? what to do?

(these are ppl who don't know)

quick question....you had a pb because of something you did right? Not chew well? eating too fast? If i were you i would keep the dinner plans and just hang out with everyone there and fill up on Soup before you go.

Call ahead and ask the manager if you bring in your own Soup could they serve it to you in one of their bowls. When my son was little he had surgery and could only eat Soups so I would take some in a baby food jar and they would take it back into the kitchen, heat it up, and bring it out in one of their bowls. Ask if you can drop it, the soup, off in the morning before you go with your friends.

Sometimes its easier to tell a stranger that you will never see again than to tell people you have a relationship with that you will see again.

Oh, and if you have your lapband card that would probably be even better.

I live in Atlanta, GA. Down here in the South, most BBQ places serve Brunswick Stew. If you've never eaten that, it's beef, pork and chicken finely pulled, mixed with diced tomatoes, a bit of corn, a bit of BBQ Sauce and cooked to mush. If you ordered a bowl of that, you wouldn't be the first person to make a meal off Brunswick Stew. It would be high in Protein, not enough corn to count as a carb, and you could simply say that you've heard so much about Brunswick Stew that you want to have that instead of a plate of meat (not that hungry or whatever.....). I make it at home and have learned to serve it as a meal instead of a side dish because people come out of the woodwork wanting it. I would even call the restaurant and ask if they serve it. Forewarned is forearmed! Their menu may even be online.

What did you PB on? Not the carrots again, I hope. How long do you have to be on liquids? Is that by doctor's orders? Anyway, bringing Soup would be a good idea or if you can't do that and they have shakes, I would just have a milkshake. It's Protein and if it's just this once it should be okay.

CleosMom- yesterday I pbed on 5 Peanut Butter pretzel nuggets. ugh. I had them several times before, but it was russian roulette this time! (and the last time!)

after that I had alreday consumed some mashed potatoes thinking it was ok to be on soft foods- until I read the post someone left me...

I am not on Dr's orders, just trying to be careful as others on the site warned me to be. I know I am not 100% due to feeling that weird feeling every time I swallow.

I have had 2 Protein shakes today, and I can feel each sip- atually feel it as it travels down... like it's rubbing against my esophagus feeling... I don't know how to explain it : (

All I know is if I pb again anytime soon- it will be the end of me.

I am taking it one hour at a time, seeing how I feel and hoping things improve and praying I will be able to eat solids real soon!

Just banded. I miss your Linda Blair exorcist picture from the infamous evil carrot episode. Do you think you might be too tight? Do you have reflux, heartburn or pain when eating? I was too tight at only 3cc, I am now at 2cc and have given up hope of ever finding my sweet spot and resigned to being hungry as I was before banding.

ha ha, thanx- I think that photo scared people! Maybe I should change my name to the excorcist!

I have never had heartburn, pain or reflux.

I am for sure extra tight in the mornings- but not tight at night- so I am afraid of getting some taken out. It is actually a good thing for me because I am not a morning person and do not like preparing meals early. I have always had Protein shakes or oatmeal anyways after I have gotten ready (takes an hour) which is great that I don't have to have anything immediately after getting up.

Tonight I got lucky- the rain changed our plans and we ended up going for chinese at a place closer in. I ordered a large pot of egg drop Soup. It had little pieces of corn in it. I picked some out but also ate a few pieces. I was fine considering I had to watch everyone else enjoy the things I used to love gorging on- greasy, fried, smothered in sauce food. But I also enjoy wearing size Medium too. Cie La Vie