Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 1st Lap Band Fill With Dr. Stephanie In Bryan/college Station

Hi ya'll,

I really love this site just for bandsters. I was banded Feb 25th 09 in Mexico. i live in austin. i am going to dr stephanie eisjsink in bryan college station. i was also considering dr ganta in austin, but i would have to wait four weeks for him and i cant wait to get my first fill. anyone have any experience with either of these docs? dr stephanie?

THANKS

I had my first fill with dr stephanie today and she is great-fantastic. i would recommend her to anyone in the area. worth the 1.5 hour drive to bryan college station....

4cc in my 10 cc band...she does every fill with floroscopy and it didnt hurt at all.

luchay

Luchay.. do you have a phone number for her office?? (to make appt).. I'm in Huntsville Texas and I need a fill doc. I used Dr. Garwood, but he's moved to Lufkin and I'm wondering if he will actually get set up there.. I've been waiting a month now.. I need a fill!! ugh....

I would like to have a back up plan..

thanks.....

Hi KC,

girl, you need to hook up wth dr stephanie. her number is 903-520-8847. you will speak with her husband-Hans. He does the scheduling for her and assists with the fill. I really like

Dr S alot and cant wait till my next fill on May 9th. compared to the other fill docs around here, she is very reasonable. i found out scot and white in temple also does fills if you were not banded in Mexico, and i think they are even cheaper...good luck, let me know what you think of Dr S if you go...I have only had one fill and cant wait ( i mean really) till my second fill...

luchay

Dr. Stephanie is WONDERFUL! I've seen her 2 times, and each time has been so worth the travel and the cost. She does have a website where you can schedule online, and get a discount. Unfortunately, I can't tell you at this moment what it is, but if you call, they will give it to you.

As for Scott and White, that is a TERRIBLE place. They are not as trained as they may lead you to believe. They attempted to remove some fill for me on 4 different occasions and were never able to accomplish it. They are very picky about working only with patients they placed the band with. I didn't even go to Mexico, and they attempted to bash my physician. I am certain there are people who have reasonable experiences there. As for me, they caused alot of pain, increased my stress because I was concerned they would ruin my port in their futiile efforts to do a simple fill/unfil!

I had a fill done with Dr. Stephanie 2months ago. This was my second time with her and both times, she was great. I flew first time and drove this time for 7.5 hrs. She has a new location. They can give you directions over the phone on how to find it. She also has a lapband herself, so she is very understanding. I hope this helps.

I have been to Dr. Stephanie about 8 times. She doesn't fill up a whole lot, but she is very nice. She charges $200, but if you get an appt online, you can go for $180. Her site is www.wellspringprocedures.com.

Just a note: I was filled by her about 6 times, never full enough. I went to Dallas and had a fill, and it was too full. I did lose about 70 pounds, though. I went back to Dr. Stephanie after a year, only wanting her to take out 1/2 cc. Her normal procedure is to take out the whole amt, and then put it back in. She didn't get back to where I need to be. I've been back twice since then, and I've already gained 30 pounds in 3 months. I do like her a lot, but I'm not happy with my fills.