Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I keep reading everyone's stories on here and how they've lost so much weight and the band is working great for them. I feel like such a failure. I paid all this money for the band, and have only lost 35 lbs in 9 months. Why can't I do as well as everyone else?! I'm about ready to just give up!:tt1:

Good luck everyone with your future weight loss!

I am right there with ya- I feel the same way you do. I am so sorry we are both going through this- Maybe someone can shed some light one it,,

lynnie

what diet are u following? are u drinking alot of Water and exersizing??

I'm guessing this has to do with what you're eating and how much exercise you are getting. You might want to start journaling your food if you aren't already and make a commitment to upping your exercise.

Also, consider thinking about this a different way. How much weight would you have gained in the last 9 months if you didn't have your band? Well, you not only kept that off, but lost 35 more as well!

hi ladies

yall are not alone it has taken me 2 years, yes two years to loosse 62 pounds its a very slow proccess,the first year i lost 14 pounds not what i expected at all but the band is not the same for everyone,i still till this day have no restriction at all,the weight i have lost its because i have changed the way i ate totally,monday to friday liquid diet..saturday and sunday small portions of only Protein and veggies.its a very harsh diet but after paying 17,000 for this surgery and not loosing any weight i am willing to do anything to get this weight off.this stories of not enough weight loss or no weight loss at all are more common than we think,all i can do is share what i had to due in order to loosse weight and wish you soo much luck with your personal journey....its sooo hard but it can be done.lol MARIAH

I keep reading everyone's stories on here and how they've lost so much weight and the band is working great for them. I feel like such a failure. I paid all this money for the band, and have only lost 35 lbs in 9 months. Why can't I do as well as everyone else?! I'm about ready to just give up!:tt1:

Good luck everyone with your future weight loss!

Maybe you dont have enough restriction and need a fill. Or, maybe you arent exercising enough or eating properly. Remember, the more Protein you eat, the more fst you will burn and lean muscle you will get. If you only lost 35 lbs in 9 months, you are definitely not doing soemthing right. This isnt a miracle cure, nothing is.:w00t:

hi ladies

yall are not alone it has taken me 2 years, yes two years to loosse 62 pounds its a very slow proccess,the first year i lost 14 pounds not what i expected at all but the band is not the same for everyone,i still till this day have no restriction at all,the weight i have lost its because i have changed the way i ate totally,monday to friday liquid diet..saturday and sunday small portions of only Protein and veggies.its a very harsh diet but after paying 17,000 for this surgery and not loosing any weight i am willing to do anything to get this weight off.this stories of not enough weight loss or no weight loss at all are more common than we think,all i can do is share what i had to due in order to loosse weight and wish you soo much luck with your personal journey....its sooo hard but it can be done.lol MARIAH

YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTOR AND GET ENOUGH OF A FILL TO FEEL RESTRICTION!!!! iT WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE RESTRICTION!!

I've lost about that much in 7 months and know I'm not a failure; now that I have restriction (love my doc but he is VERY conservative) the weight is coming off. I don't calorie count or weigh or yada yada either...I do make good choices (usually) I do eat Protein first, I do have to chew well and avoid liquids during meals, I struggle mightily to NOT snack. and TAH DAH I am losing 2-3 pounds a week now. Yay. You have to get the right balance of restriction, good choices, etc. OH and I exercise too at least 3 days a week. It makes a big difference.

I was going to Curves prior to surgery, but that wasn't enough. I started walking in a park near home that has a 2 mile nature trail. I try to do twice around as a minimum. When the weather is nice (now that we have daylight savings I have enough light to go after work) or even with rain, I still go. We had a decent snowfall recently and I didn't make it that day, but the next I was there. I have these wire wrapped rubber things called Yaktraks that slip over your shoes. I put them on and walked. They gave me sure footing where the path was still covered. I have a nice big umbrella, too, so unless it is a blizzard, freezing rain, lightning, or pouring buckets, I walk. Sometimes I do 3 or 4 times around. I carry peanuts for the squirrels (passive weight lifting?) so I don't walk especially fast and I stop depending on how many squirrels show up.

For Snacks, I go to kaysnaturals.com. They sell high Protein chips and cereals. If you like yogurt and there is a Trader Joe store near you, they sell Greek yogurt which is higher in Protein than others. They have two, one with 12g but higher in sugar and fat free, the other (which I bought) has 22 (really) grams protein, only 6g sugar and fat free. It is plain, so I buy sugar free preserves to stir in it. That 22g is in one cup! I switched to that recently because the fat free yogurt at food stores is high in sugar (some 11g) and I try to minimize sugar, fat and salt, and eat healthy carbs like salad, and Trader Joe sells whole grain tortillas that are low carb. I don't especially do low carb because there are lots of healthy carbs. I make a lot of chicken caesar type salads at home. I use those green bags you see on TV and buy Romaine in heads (they really keep until I finish them) I grill chicken breasts in olive oil or Pam, doing several to have them ahead. I use the Romaine, chicken breast or julienne cut turkey or ham that I get at Mars, I cut up a hard boiled egg, sprinkle parmesan cheese and use Marzetti Light Supreme Caesar or Bolthouse Farm Caesar Parmisan (it is yogurt based and while is doesn't say light it is comparable to to a light dressing). I also use fat free croutons. I don't cook a lot so that is my mainstay dinner when I don't feel like fixing anything hot. I have trouble with bread, so I devised a crustless pizza. PM me if you would like that recipe.

I would also have a meeting with your dietician and journal your food so she can see what is going on. And if you aren't going, I would suggest the group support. You can pick up a lot of tips from others there. If you weren't banded locally you can still go to a local group. I think most if not all are free and open to the public. Good luck.

Edited by PATCHELTON

I feel the same as all of you do. I got my band on July 31st and i really have only lost about 8 lbs since my band. I did loose about 18 lbs in addition to that but it was because of the liquid diet before and after the band. So i really feel like a failure.. I make the wrong choices and i do everything wrong. I had too much of a fill and i was getting sick, so i had them take some out and now i really do not have much restricion and i basically just give up. I decided to come on this site today just to take a look around since it has been so long since i checked in. I joined ww a couple of weeks ago thinking that maybe that would help but i have lost about 2lbs in 2 weeks. Still failllling. I think that I mentally i guess i just don't want it bad enough.

I to am not losing. I lost 10 right after surgery only because I had to gain 10 to have my insurance cover it. So since then I have only lost 5 pounds and that is because I to joined WW to lose. I am so sick of having this band and not losing. Went to the doctor yesterday for a flouroscopy to find out I was too restricted. He took out 1cc. So I am really confused. I was too tight and still not losing but lets take some out so I eat more? The whole point of getting the surgery is to help control hunger. My doctor even told me I should not have to join WW in order to be losing. I guess that is my desperate attempt to make myself feel better so I can lose something. It is so embarassing to have told people, which I know I shouldn't have, that I had surgery and then to see me lose nothing. Talk about lowering ones self esteem. Makes you feel like a big fat loser. HA no pun intended.

I to am not losing. I lost 10 right after surgery only because I had to gain 10 to have my insurance cover it. So since then I have only lost 5 pounds and that is because I to joined WW to lose. I am so sick of having this band and not losing. Went to the doctor yesterday for a flouroscopy to find out I was too restricted. He took out 1cc. So I am really confused. I was too tight and still not losing but lets take some out so I eat more? The whole point of getting the surgery is to help control hunger. My doctor even told me I should not have to join WW in order to be losing. I guess that is my desperate attempt to make myself feel better so I can lose something. It is so embarassing to have told people, which I know I shouldn't have, that I had surgery and then to see me lose nothing. Talk about lowering ones self esteem. Makes you feel like a big fat loser. HA no pun intended.

I feel the same way about telling people. At first I was emabarrassed to say anything to anyone about even having the surgery. Now it's even worse because everyone knows and I am still big. It is the most frusterating thing ever!!

I feel the same way about telling people. At first I was emabarrassed to say anything to anyone about even having the surgery. Now it's even worse because everyone knows and I am still big. It is the most frusterating thing ever!!

I know I have tried to think of excuses on why it is not working.

Like: Oh I had it removed.

Or oh I have not had them put any Fluid in it.

Or I had a fautly band so it just isn't working.

Or I was just kidding I never had the surgery.

Nothing sounds believable. LOL

I know I have tried to think of excuses on why it is not working.

Like: Oh I had it removed.

Or oh I have not had them put any Fluid in it.

Or I had a fautly band so it just isn't working.

Or I was just kidding I never had the surgery.

Nothing sounds believable. LOL

i feel the same way,its horrible.......

Hi girls, I know it can be frustrating especially when you are not eating alot and keep in mind if you are not eating enough calories, then you won't lose that way either. I started keeping a journal and try to keep my calorie count between 900 to 1200, but sometimes I go over and hit the 1400-1500 mark a day here and there. I keep my Protein level at 60 or more. This seems to help because it shows that even though I feel like I'm eating too much I'm really not. Don't get discouraged, just take it one day at a time.