Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fun Thread for the Bored

Okay, what scared the pants off you?

Remember the Tom Hanks movie where the Fed-Ex plane crashed and he had to survive on a deserted island for years before getting rescued? And he kept hearing these loud crash noises in the dark and freaking out, yelling into the dark jungle, "WHO'S OUT THERE?!?" Then he finally learned it was just coconuts falling to the ground?

Well, the same crap keeps going on in my office making me jump out of my chair, so I thought I'd share the visual. I have a patio door, and things keep banging randomly outside my door making me fly off my seat. It took a couple weeks of investigating before I realized it's just pinecones hitting the ground. So yes, even if you're not in the forest, trees really do make noise if they fall to the ground.

Now make me laugh - when's the last time you had the pants scared off of you?

I'll keep the ball rolling. When I lived in Portland, Oregon, I used to get up before the sun to do laundry before the apartment rush hit the machines. One dark morning I walked in the apartment laundry room, flipped on the light, and threw my laundry up in the air while screaming blood murder running back to my apartment. The second I flipped the light on, a big raccoon that had been in the laundry garbage freaked out and headed flying towards the door... and uh, well I was standing in the doorway so it zipped right through my legs. There went another pair of pants.

Almost 30 years ago (I am so effing old) I went on a solo bike trip through Wisconsin in a manic fitness moment. One night I camped at Newport State Beach, a beautiful car-free spot in Door County. In the middle of the night I heard footsteps and scratching outside my tent, growing closer and closer. I froze with fear, terrified to move or even look. After a sleepless (and eventually quiet) night, I crept out, only to find the leather toe-straps on my bike gnawed to pieces and a big irregular chunk taken out of the bike seat. The culprit, according to the guy at the next site, was a band of porcupines. They have a thing for leather, it seems! Scared me to pieces.

About 6 years ago we lived out in the country in a small trailer with not so hot doors/locks. My husband worked the midnight shift, so I was stuck home alone during the nights.

It was about 3 in the morning and I was in a sound sleep when a very faint noise woke me up. I opened my eyes only to see a dark shadow (in the form of a person) moving across the foot of my bed.

I was so freaked that I was frozen with fear. All I could do was yell, "HEY!" And when the shadown kept moving across the room and closer to me I yelled, "HEY!" again, but only louder.

My husband then decided to speak to me, and said that he had been electrocuded on a grinder at work, to the ER, and properly sent home to me, his loving wife.

I don't know what scared me more. The fact that the shadow was moving across the room towards me, or the fact that my poor husband was electrocuted so badly, that he has a permanant scar on his hand and arm now. (They're faded now, but still there!)

Okay this is a good one. My friends had us all dress up in scary costumes and hide in their cemetary they made in their yard for Halloween night. I dressed up like zombie woman and hid under a tree. Well the neighbors cat climbed up there without me knowing...well I was crouching down waiting for the next group of kids and all of a sudden that cat lit right on my back. I let out one heck of a screech and yelled like a crazy woman. I was never so scared in my life. Everyone got a good laugh out of it! LOL!

OMgosh, this is an almost scare...but just the thought of it still give me the willies!

Remember the "I see dead people" movie? I forgot the name but it was SOOO GOOOD! I was totally surprised by the ending and kept thinking about it for days!!!! I would get out of bed and run for the bathroom, so that kid didn't reach out and grab my foot. Then my hubby said he was tempted to sneak into the kitchen late at night and open all of the cabinet doors. I couldn't even imagine walking into my kitchen like that after seeing that movie!! I am SO grateful he didn't do it. Just the thought of it scared me plenty. I was so spooked after that movie!

OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS THREAD! WE ALL KNOW I LOVE TO BE SCARED...I LOVE TO SCARE...AND HALLOWEEN IS MY HOLIDAY!!!!

One night I was laying in bed with my husband.He was asleep and so was our son, who just started sleeping in a big boy bed at the time. As I was laying there...I heard our front door fly open! I heard someone walk into our house and go into the kitchen. I laid in bed wide eyed listening to whats going on. The person then walked into the living room, which is now getting closer to our bedrooms. Now the person has stepped into the hallway, and I can hear the souls on the shoes tapping on the hardwood floor...I shake my husband JEFF JEFF SOMEONES OUT THERE...He rolled towards me because the person is now standing right outside our door! I can feel him stareing into my room. My husband whispers really really low...ROLL OVER ROLL OVER ROLL OVER!!!! So I roll over and face the wall...I can feel my heart in my throat..I am afraid to breath, show any movement. I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes!! Just as the man in the hall way starts to move again, I hear my son start to cry. I PANIC...what do I do...why isn't my husband getting up! I can't let him cry! I can't let this man get to him before me! So with every ounce of courage and energy, I go FLYING out of my bedroom...I ran like I was racing Lance Armstrong without a bike!! I get to my sons room...phew, the man didn't see me! I settle my son in, he went back to sleep...so I go creeping out into the rest of the house. I checked bathroom, shower, closettes... and my husband appears behind me...Hope, what the hell are you doing? Why did you run out of the room like that? I said THERES SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE THERES SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE....well, upon further investigation...NO ONE WAS IN THE HOUSE...No one ever came thru that front door....I was half asleep and was in twighlight sleep and imagined THE WHOLE SITUATION! My husband never told me to roll over.. My son was never cryin!!!! And there was no man in the house!!! TALK ABOUT A PANIC ATTACK!

Ok, This is so stupid but here goes.

I think I was about 8 or 9 and the first Jaws movie came out. I scared me sooooo bad that I couldn't sleep all night. OK here is the stupid part. are you ready?

I lived on a large ranch in the middle of the Arizona desert.HELLO! I was so scared that Jaws would come get me. What, walk on his fins, jumping over cactus? God I was such a total wimp!!!!!!!!! I can still remember how scared I was.

PS, I am still a total wimp!!! :)

One of my jobs at the haunted house I work at was a story telling witch..One year I did it in a field over a warm kettle of apple cider and served donuts. The next year I had a little cave looking hut. Very cool! I was in this hut all by my self during a slow time and I hear a scratching. I said HUH? Whats that? I look around, and hear it again...Dammit, whats that noise...So I look around the place and see this critter trying to get into the hut! I HATE critters I am not a country girl by any means...and I can see its little leg over the wall!! Its coming in. I go FLYING out of my hut and ran across the grounds like the devil is chasing me to get my boss, who was dressed up in costume, entertaining our guests. I grab him...KEEENNNNYY Theres an animal comin into my hut come kill it! He said, is it IN the hut yet? I said no...He said Come and get me when it is! So i stomp back to my hut...and I checked on it...and dammit, now the critter has its little tail over the wall along with its little leg!!!! I go flying back out of the hut, where a line was forming, told them all technical difficulties. I grab a security guard...he comes into my hut..and sees this animal crossing the line. We started throwing rocks at it, tryin to get it to go the other way....it teeters on the wall a little bit....swore we heard it growl at us. The security guard is getting pissed. He moves in closer...and closer...OH MY GOD DONT MOVE ITS GONNA JUMP....so he comes flying backwards. This went on for a good 10 minutes if not longer trying to keep the critter out of my hut. Well we said, theres a line out there now, they hear all this crashing in here...we gotta get this in control! So we go in for the kill now....Well, upon creepin up on it...we realize...its A PIECE OF PLASTIC THAT LINED THE ROOF!! OOPSIE!!

OMG LOL these are good, keep them coming.. I am still trying to recall my past...

Well there was this one time when I went to go visit a friend in another city. I was really nervous because I had never actually "met" her before. She was fantastic and I liked talking to her but her husband SCARED ME!!!!! ((screams))

:)

My Husband Was Working Night Shift And I'm Always Getting Up Checking The Doors, Kids,etc Because I Am A Weenie. Well, My Brother Knows This And He Thought It Would Be Funny To Come By The House At 3am After Work, He Went Around Knocking On The Windows, I Was So Scared, I Called My Husband At Work, And He Said It Was Nothing, Go Back To Bed. I Was P****. I Was In My Boy's Room By Then And I Saw A Shadow Outside And It Ran Up To The Window I Swear I Could Have Peeed. It Reconized His Shirt (he Had A Scarf Over His Face) And Was I Mad! Turns Out My Husband Knew About It!

Well there was this one time when I went to go visit a friend in another city. I was really nervous because I had never actually "met" her before. She was fantastic and I liked talking to her but her husband SCARED ME!!!!! ((screams))

:)

Sounds like what might happen if you were to go to Vegas and meet DeLarla?

AHHHHahahahahahaha!!!!

Yeah, but her hubby is a hottie, I'll bet he's not REALLY scary?

being raised by wolves, I have that post-tramatic stress thing. I startle very easily. Anything sudden and unexpected will do me in.

The last time was Sunday. DH was heading out the door, so I headed into the potty at the new apartment, leaving the door wide open. The next thing I know DH is saying something to me and I'm screaming.

I'm fun to go to the movies with though... :)