Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction lost with weight loss

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to lose some restriction after losing weight. I have a 14cc band and felt good restriction at 9cc for about two weeks. I did lose some weight, however I was wondering if the loss of good restriction had anything to do with the weight loss?

Honestly I'd think it would have to be a good bit of weight loss, unless you did something to make you lose it just around your stomach. Losing CAN cause the band to loosen, but as I understand it, it takes a few months (or more) not just 2 weeks. You're safest, though, to ask your surgeon. :ohmy:

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to lose some restriction after losing weight. I have a 14cc band and felt good restriction at 9cc for about two weeks. I did lose some weight, however I was wondering if the loss of good restriction had anything to do with the weight loss?

Trvlguy,

I think you can totally lose restriction with weight loss,my first two months I was nice & tight and lost close to 40lbs and then things started losening up.I feel like I've been chasing that restriction ever since.I just got my third fill last Tues and think I am finally starting to feel some good restriction again!! So hang in there and get adjusted if you think you need it!Just my 2 cents!! :ohmy:

Can you please tell me what "real good restriction" is? Does it mean that you can eat most foods with care and a feeling of fullness after a few bites??? I had a second fill on monday the 16th, it's now friday and I still cant get soft mushy food down, liquids are ok, Water is find as long as I dont glup it , them I get slimed. I must say..I dont feel hungry. I do drink the Protein drinks for my need Protein intake. Just dont know if i really should of called for a unfill of alittle??? Will the fill loosen up next week? What do you suggest? Thanks any advice appreciated

Patti with a smile

It is totally normal to lose restriction within 2 weeks paticularly with you first couple fills because what happens is you have fat all around your stomache on the inside of you and that is some of the first fat to go so as you lose that fat surounding your stomache then the band gets looser because their was fat imbetween the stomach muscle and the band that is no longer their.