Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Calorie counting helps me a lot too! I use FitDay (free online version).

We probably couldn't afford the bodybugg either, but I thought it was cool. Groupie my pre-op is 15 days and post op meals as well for another 15. At day 8 post op I can start adding in mushy foods. Still have shakes, drinks, and Jello to take then though.

Hello bunnies, just checking in I am on day 8 of liquids and feeling ok. To all of you just starting the liquids it does get less frustrating and tempting as the days pass. Day five was when it started for me. Cooking for the family is hard but I just remember that my life can no longer revolve around food. I sit at the dinner table with my husband and kids with my shake or broth and low and behold we still have the same conversations and it is a great meal time. Just goes to show it is about family not the food. I can not wait I have 6 more days till surgery... Blessings to all and remember why each of you started this it was not for the food it was for the inner peace you desired. Oh by the way the Easter Bunny is boycotting candy in my house. bathing suits, filp flops, mints, movie passes, jamba juice cards. No candy.

Yeah,

I can officially call myself an April Bandster. I got insurance approval yesterday and my surgery date is April 14, 2009. I'm so excited. My DH and I went out last night for our 36th wedding anniversary :thumbup: and I started my pre-op diet today. He is a sweetie :) and is drinking for Breakfast what I am, and having for supper what I do. He said he would just take him something for lunch or go out with the guys at work. He is really making it easy for me. I can't wait to be small again. And more importantly get off these 3 diabetes meds.....:thumbup:

my pre-op is 15 days

Oh good, that I can handle! I'm counting on the fact that everyone said you're not even hungry the first 2 weeks post-op to get me through the broth after.

Oh by the way the Easter Bunny is boycotting candy in my house. bathing suits, filp flops, mints, movie passes, jamba juice cards. No candy.

Thanks for the tips and that's a great Easter idea!

I didn't think about not really being hungry after being banded. I have my fingers crossed!

Welcome Suzdavis!

I love the idea of no candy for Easter. My kids are both super young (almost 20 months and 2 and a half months) so they aren't really into candy yet. I think that's a great tradition to start!

Edited by hopeful41411

Hi all! I'm on day 3 of my liquid diet. Started on Monday..I get 5 shakes a day... can have broth, pickles, and 1/4 cup of fruit with my shakes if I want it. That's it! I'm determined to do it exactly like my surgeon requires... the head hunger is the worst at times. I'm not really physically hungry though, they keep me full for a while. I ate what I wanted to over the weekend, and gained 3 pounds. But I weighed first thing Monday morning for my pre-liquid weight... and I weighed this morning to see if I'd lost anything. I'd lost 11 pounds in 2 days!!!! That made it easier to stick to it today!!! It's not easy but I've read that each day gets easier. It'll be worth it!!!!

And MrsMitch--I'm scheduled for the 15th, too! I'll check in on ya! <3

Hey Jessica, It will be great to follow each others progress!

Hello bunnies, I am struggling with my pre-op diet...I am following it, but it is hard! My and DH's birthday is the weekend and I want cake and ice cream! :thumbup: Oh well, Ive had too many pieces of cake and lots of bowls of ice cream! I will get through this successfully!

Hi there everyone,

Half-way through the first day of 4 weeks (2 weeks are voluntary to support my partner who is getting banded in two weeks time) on the liquid diet and I gotta tell you I'm so hungry I could eat a horse (and then chase after its jockey too)! However, you've all inspired me to do this with absolutely no cheating.

Hope you are all correct in saying that it gets better!

OK - time for shake #2 for today. Hope that fills me more than my first one did. Then I'm gonna cook up a ratatouille to give us our veggie allowance for the day.

Hi everyone,

I am due to start my pre-op diet on Tuesday the 31st. Not on it yet...and sort of eating a few things that I know I won't be able to later. You guys are SO inspiring and I am so proud of you all for sticking to your liquids!!

I have also heard that there is not a lot of hunger the first couple weeks after the surgery. I am hoping that is correct.

April is just around the corner. We are all gonna do fantastic! I am getting more an more excited as the days go by.

Hey Guys,

I will be banded on 04-03-09. I'm excited and scared all at the same time.. Glad to join your group...Good luck and success with your bandings!!!

Hi everyone,

I am due to start my pre-op diet on Tuesday the 31st. Not on it yet...and sort of eating a few things that I know I won't be able to later. You guys are SO inspiring and I am so proud of you all for sticking to your liquids!!

I have also heard that there is not a lot of hunger the first couple weeks after the surgery. I am hoping that is correct.

April is just around the corner. We are all gonna do fantastic! I am getting more an more excited as the days go by.

Hey Scooby,

I dont start my pre-op till April 2nd. Is your pre-op longer than 14 days? And did you ever get clarification on what your doc wanted for pre-op diet?

Hi Jessica

I have had lots of negative responses.

I have only told people close to me, but surprisingly the negativeness it not from my thin friends its from my fellow chubby friends. The ones I moan to about my weight, you would think they would be thrilled to find something to help them. I wish they would be like my thin friends and just know that this will make me happy. Instead they are arranging duck dinners for my partner and I - This will be my first big test this weekend, because I am on Optifast and doing one meal (small portion and healthy!!!) a day - Duck not so healthy - especially the way my friend will cook it. I love them dearly, but . . .

I'm not sure what their reason is for being against it - the anaesthetic was one, and something foreign in my body was another - but I think they need to take a good look at me and realise that this fat encircling my body would more than likely be worse for me than these reasons.:cursing:

I just tend to let them vent and keep my mouth shut and stay positive. My partner is fairly positive, he is a big wine drinker and his main concern is how I am going to go in France later this year when I cant enjoy all the delights - "BUT I CAN" I keep saying - just smaller delights . . . they will be more delightful dont you think - I'll be eating like a French lady. :)

This probably doesn't help, but yes I am having similar situations.

Good luck with Optifast Jessica.

Lou

the negativeness it not from my thin friends its from my fellow chubby friends. The ones I moan to about my weight, you would think they would be thrilled to find something to help them. I wish they would be like my thin friends and just know that this will make me happy.

Good luck with Optifast Jessica.

Lou--

I'm experiencing a kind of similar situation with my fellow chunksters...it may have something to do with the fact that they're slightly jealous (which is understandable). My best friend, in particular, is worried that if I'm newly thin and she's not, it will but a wedge in our bond. We've always been heavy together...for nearly nine years! We will all get through this, you know?! It affects everyone in our lives--the ones who mean anything to us, that is!

And I haven't had to start any sort of pre-op diet yet. In fact, this hasn't even been discussed with me... I'm starting to get concerned. I have my final appointment on the 3rd, though, and I'm sure my doctor will explain everything then. Only 21 days to go!

<3<3<3