Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

af is shorthand for aunt flo(w) meaning your monthly cycle. the @@ is me rolling my eyes about dealing with it :0)
You guys are 2 cute with your af@@ I was wondering what that was myself!!:tt2:

Thanks for the explanation! LOL that's funny.

How is everyone doing? I am going to start really watching my diet from now until my preop visit. Then I know the doctor will put me on Protein shakes and whatever else. I figure I will keep it at 1200 calories from now til the 31st when I have my preop appt. I am sort of nervous after reading other posts about the "fatty liver" thing. I sure want mine to be as small as possible so it won't be in the way.

How long is everyone else's pre op diet? I have heard anywhere from 1 week to 3 months. I guess it depnds on the doctor and everything, but just wondering what the rest of you are required to do.

Also, has anyone else heard of the Single incision lapband? I think it is new, but I am still curious. Apparently they can go in through the bellybutton with only one incision?? I think it is so new that my doctor won't be doing it, but wondering if anyone else heard of it.

I start my pre-surgery diet this Monday. I'll be on it for 15 days then the day before surgery, I have to be on Clear Liquids. One of my doctors patient's, that was in the office the same day as me, was going to be on the liquid diet for 6 weeks. I'll take my 15 days!

What kind of pills do you have to take Doodlebug? I hope that everything works out for you!!! What an anxiety provoking thing though - to not know if its going to happen or not! Hang in there!!

Same - I am really struggling. What are you eating? I have had 2 Optifast chocolate shakes VOMIT :tongue_smilie: and 1x Optifast chicken Soup (which I just read the back of the packet expired 2 weeks ago but I cannot be bothered taking them back!) but the Soup was by far nicer and a bit more like "food" I am SO FREAKING excited bout my veges tonight - you could tell me I am having 10 Big Mac Burgers and I couldn't be more excited than I am right now! hahah.:thumbup:

Day two done almost, yesterday i had 2 Protein shakes and some broth, lots of Water I was very busy. today not so busy and had 4 Protein Shakes, broth and some Jello. I think Friday I need to stay busy... I am averaging 50- 70 grams of Protein a day. how were the veges?? My Dr says liquid only, which means that at room temp it must be a liquid, so no good stuff just blended into liquid. darn..

I am on day 2 (dinner time) and today I have had 2x Opti fast shakes and 1/2 an Optifast chicken Soup (gross) and just had a big bowl of rocket lettuce, tomatoes, a few chunks of dry roasted pumpkin, mint, spring onion and vinegar! Suprisingly yummy!!!! Roll on the next 12 days!!

AF...LOL! Thanks for the explanation!

Also, has anyone else heard of the Single incision lapband? I think it is new, but I am still curious. Apparently they can go in through the bellybutton with only one incision?? I think it is so new that my doctor won't be doing it, but wondering if anyone else heard of it.

My doc mentioned the single incision too (in trial phase now). Someone on LBT was getting this procedure awhile back, probably is banded by now...I think the doc was in Texas. There's several new procedures coming (TOGA, and one seminar I went to mentioned a different 'balloon' procedure). I'm liking that my LB procedure has been around awhile though! -BG

Wow! Thanks for the photo BG. I have never seen them. Man, I can't believe all the stuff you guys have when it comes to sweet things!! AMAZING!!

Yeah, but you Aussies are lucky enough to have tim tams.... yummy for the tummy

Yeah, but you Aussies are lucky enough to have tim tams.... yummy for the tummy

Sis, I had to look that one up!...chocolate (biscuits), chocolate (cream), and covered in chocolate??!!!...my mouth is watering now...:tongue_smilie:

weighed in this morning (i do every friday helps keep me on track over the weekend) and I'm down 1.4 lbs this week!! I also changed my goal weight. I had chosen 160 as my goal (at 5'8.5") because it was where "they" said i should be on charts I had read. I decided that I was not going to listen to "them" any more and am going to go w/my gut. In my minds eye I see 180 as my goal weight so now my ticker reflects that.

How did you pick your goal weight if you already have one? I totally agree w/goal being a feeling not only a number.

Thin Within... I wasn't sure how much I was suppose to weigh, so I looked it up. I'm 5'7 so it said the low side was 143. I made that my goal, but do realize 1) that's going to take awhile 2) I might look too skinny at that weight 3) I might just be more comfortable at 150... not that far away, but what I had in mind.

How did you pick your goal weight if you already have one? I totally agree w/goal being a feeling not only a number.

Good job on the weight loss! I put a range for my goal (I'm 5'8.5" too), you're right, I'll know it when I get there. I chose the range because I was down (yet again) to 160 about 8 years ago and I had probably another 20# I could have lost then to get to 'skinny', but I'm not pushing for that...just HEALTHY again would be great! Pounds look different on each person too...I carry mine in my lower half and I'm sure I'll lose it all from the top (yet again) first...I'll look like a giant pear....LOL...just sayin' that if I kept more boobs, my goal would be higher.

REMINDER EVERYONE:

If you haven't already, take your 'Before' photos and your measurements.

Even if you'll never post the photos they can be an inspiration and motivation to you. OK, I was totally humiliated:mellow: having DH take these in my too tight spandex sweats and tank top (I figured if I was going to do them I might as well go for it and be able to actually see the changes with something tight on...non of the usual 'camouflage the fat' outfits for me). Even he exclaimed as he looked at them:eek: "These don't even look like you...I wouldn't know you!"...thanks hon,:tongue_smilie: yep I'm a good camouflager (he's actually really supportive, I think he thought that was a compliment :lol:LOL)...I haven't brought myself to even look at them yet, let alone ever post them. I took my measurements too. I can't tell you how many people on LBT said these got them motivated as they lost and the measurements were great when they weren't losing weight but they could see they were still losing inches (plateaus)...and others that said they wished they'd done this. JUST DO IT! :thumbup:

I agree about the measurements and pictures. If you are not too keen on taking measurements because of the numbers that's fine take pieces of ribbon or yarn. Use a different one for each thigh, arm, waist etc whereever you wanna track your losses. Mark them w/the body part and draw a mark on your start length. as you lose your weight you can remeasure and then just mark a new spot on the ribbon/yarn. you can even measure the distance between the spots to see how much you've lost w/o ever having to deal w/the number.

just an idea for anybody who is struggling.

I was on vacation while I was waiting for the procedure to be approved by insurance and I took so many more pictuers w/the idea of using them as a before. years and years of no pictures of me on vacation because i was always behind the camera and i totally made sure this time i was IN FRONT OF IT lol

Thanks for the reminder on the pictures! I need to have some taken...with me in front of the camera and not strategically half behind someone else...lol. I know that will be a major sourceof inspiration for me once I start losing.

Talked to the hospital to pre-register today. Found out that I am listed as an "inpatient" and will probably spend one night at the hospital. I thought it would be outpatient since a lot of the posts on surgery say they went home the same day. Oh well, I will know more particulars when I see my surgeon on the 31st for the pre-op visit. I am not looking forward to a night away in the hospital for the stupidest reason! Our 2 year old son sleeps with us and I am more worried about him missing me in the bed than I am about being at the hospital for my safety...:ohmy: Guess I am so used to being the one to take care of everyone. I need to focus on me I suppose.

Are you guys staying overnight or going home same day?

I am supposed to spend 23 hours for observation so basically i will be spending the night too. My surgery is about 2 1/2 hours away and we are going to make a day of it w/the kids. We are getting a hotel the night before and having hotel room fun (swimming, dvd's, letting them order in) and then in the morning I will go to the hospital w/my husband and my mom will stay w/the children. I think it will make it fun for them as well as a bit of a distraction for everybody. I think I'll have my mom take the kids home before my husband takes me home but i'm not sure....we'll play it by ear a bit i guess.

I totally feel you about cosleeping, both of my children did. My little guy is 4 and still comes in our bed about 75% of the time somewhere in the middle of the night.

That sounds like a great plan ro make it fun for the kids...and provide a distraction while you have it done. I am really fortunate that I have two older daughters who are 17 and 19 and they will definitely take care of their brother while my hubby is with me. I know that he will be just fine. Guess I am just surprised at hearing I will be overnight after all.

Adam has been sleeping with us since he came home from the hospital! lol I can't imagine it any other way and I am sure he can't either. We are planning to get him into his "big boy" bed when he turns 3, but until then, I love having him close by. We were told we could never have children, adopted our girls at birth and then at the ripe ol age of 43 I thought I had the flu and it was him!! :ohmy: I feel so blessed to have him, especially since I spent so long going through infertility stuff when I was younger. Then, poof, in my forties with no help, I concieve. Needless to say, we all (including his big sisters) spoil him a bit. Just goes to show that you never know what life has in store for you!