Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Hungry! Solids After Fill?

I know we're supposed to stick to full liquids for 24 hours after a fill, but holy cow I'm SO hungry! I ate a whole can of Tomato basil Soup, and my stomach wont shut up! I know the responsible thing to do would be to make a Protein shake, but I'm wondering-

Have any of you ever eaten solids (or even mushies) before the 24 hour restriction was up? What happened?

Thanks!

Do as your doctor instructs! Try the Protein shake. Drink 2 if you need it.

MY surgeon doesn't have food restrictions after a fill but I have to go back to liquids/mushies for a couple of meals afterwards. Fills just kick my butt (stomach?!) and I have to take it easy. I'm also not usually hungry after my fills either. BUT that's me.

Call your doc and see what he says, he may okay you to soft foods/mushies if you're really hungry but really, you need to follow his instructions. Best wishes!

When I get a fill, I spend a few days telling myself what's coming and how we're going to handle it! The 24 hour liquid phase is horrible. I also get really hungry and feel like I'm drinking food all day long. I just remind myself of all the stupid diets I tried over the years. This is the only thing that has worked. If I need to suffer for 24 hours every few months until I get my sweet spot, then I just tell myself to suck it up. Of course, self tells me to just go to bed early so I don't suffer the tummy rumblings! Hang in there, mushies are only a few hours away!!!!

I see it has been said...PROTEIN!! Protein drinks...and have more of them. You can take in quite a bit and stay under any calorie requirements/limits you may have set.

I am going to throw myself out there but I never do liquids after fills I listen to my band and eat small moderate meals and I have always done fine. But please always listen to your doctor, me I am rebulius hence why I am over weight. But now I have my lil friend (the band) that straightens me out once in a while. :lunch:

I just had my first fill yesterday and my doctor's policy is full liquids for 48 hours! I got 3.25cc in a 10cc band, and have not been hungry one second since I got it yesterday (good thing eh?). I even ordered pizza and breadsticks for the office and sat with them and drank my Protein Shake without a single temptation to eat. Maybe I'm at my sweet spot?????? WOW that would be great! I need full liquids for 48 hours then mushies for 48 hours. I see this as a "kick start" to my next phase of weight loss, really doesn't bother me..yet. :sneaky:

Just got a fill yesterday too......just survived my 24 hrs liquid phase and am working on mushies today.Man that liquid phase is a b*@!! This was my third fill adn everytime it throws me for a loop!! The only plus is you drop a quick few lbs during it! I dont know how those people do it on surviver I am NO fun to be around when I haven't eaten!! my poor family!! LOL !!:sneaky:

I would listen to the Dr. mine actually want 72 hrs of liq. diet. I can only stand 48hrs. Try some Soup nothing creamy.

My doc says 24 hrs of liquid,mushy diet. Then proceed slowly with caution. I'm glad I get my fills at around 4pm, then by the time i'm off work the next day I can just go home and have an easy dinner. I agree with lacasst, I usually do drop a few pounds. So that is a incentive. Good luck all!