Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else NOT have Bandster hell?

So, I feel like I shouldn't be doing this well.

I went to my doctor a week ago, he told me I could do soft Proteins since I was doing so well. I've been eating eggs, fat free hot dogs, and some other stuff. Actually, I can get down everything with no problems.

The initial gas went away. I haven't thrown up. I have regular bowel movements.

I've lost 27 pounds since Feb. 13th. I started the pre-op diet at 290. When I went into surgery, I was 277. Now I'm 263. I haven't stopped loosing at all.

I'm not in bandster hell. And because of that, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I mean, the first few days after surgery were terrible, but now, I feel amazing.

Did anyone else have a similar experience? I was so prepared to gain some weight back and have problems digesting, but nothing. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't insane and that others had these flawless experiences.

Hi,

I just joined this site,so my profile and info are still in the works. I wanted to reply to you because I had the same experience. I had my surgery March 3rd...today is March 13....I lost 18 pounds prior to my surgery. Surgery day I weighed 287, yesterday at the doctor I weighed 267. My surgery went great. I didn't have a lot of pain. I was up and around a bit the next day....I did take it easy for the first 4 days, but I was out and about on day 5. I had a little bit of soreness, but nothing that I couldn't handle. Believe me, I have a very low pain tolerance so I was so pleasantly surprised how well the surgery went. I am a little discouraged now after reading so much about not having any restrictions until my first fill. I want things to get underway and so positive action. ha-ha Good luck to you!

I'm glad everything went so well for you too!

I was discouraged as well in the beginning, reading all of the bad things that people have gone through and everything.

I didnt experience "bandster hell" I just wasnt hungry after surgery...so liquids and mushies for me was no problem. I was tired a lot but that quickly went away...I lost a good bit of wt during that 2 weeks...I walked alot and it just wasnt that bad for me at all.

I had surgery on the 28th of Jan. with the Realize Band. I haven't been hungry hardly at all. I have lost 20 lbs. I eat about 3/4 cup of food three times a day. I haven't had any trouble with the band at all.

I did not suffer through bandster hell at all.

Count me as another of the fortunate ones. I had 3 weeks of modified Clear Liquids (clear liquids plus Protein drinks) but it really wasn't that bad. I didn't gain weight when I moved to soft foods, then regular foods - in fact, I've only had 3 weigh-ins since my surgery in August where I've gained, and they've been small. I've only had one small fill, and felt a type of restriction even before that. I can eat anything as long as I chew it well. I've never PBed or vomited, and have only gotten slightly stuck a few times, but it always passes quickly with no problems. My loss has slowed in the past couple of months, but I still average 1-2 pounds a week. I feel very blessed that it has been so relatively easy for me. I know that that could change in the future, though.

You aren't doing anything wrong. The band is working as it should for you, and your body is responding well to it. So, embrace the ease of your journey so far and be thankful for it.:scared2:

I was banded on March 3rd too =) I had a lot of gas pain at first but it quickly went. I think the only thing that is bothering me is I'm tired of sweets... Protein Shakes are sweet.. eh. I want something savory. I'm doing a few Soups to help some but it's not curing it. Anyway, I'm not really hungry, unless I forget to eat at all (busy life) then I know what hungry means now but it's not bad. Drink one 4oz. Protein Shake and it's gone. So, no I'm not in hell either. I'm feeling awesome, great energy. I get tired at the end of the work week but I'm sure it will pass as I get stronger. Hope you're doing well =)

I want something savory. I'm doing a few Soups to help some but it's not curing it.

I made this Soup. I love Outback's onion Soup, so I did this with some alterations. I used fat-free milk instead of cream and Cabot's 75 percent less fat cheddar cheese. Everyone in my house loved it, and for me, it curbed that urge for saltiness all the time.

Outback Steak House Walkabout Soup Recipe : Recipezaar

You aren't doing anything wrong. The band is working as it should for you, and your body is responding well to it. So, embrace the ease of your journey so far and be thankful for it.:scared2:

Oh, I am. I'm thrilled. I was just worried that it was TOO easy. I thought it was going to be more work than this.

I am so glad I read this. I feel great too! Been on mushies since Wednesday, surgery was 2/26. I have lost 31 lbs since 1/1/09 (first surgery cancelled on 1/15, stayed on liquids to ensure liver shrinkage) and I am really starting to feel good again.

Glad to read everyone is doing so well!

Melanie:thumbup:

So, I feel like I shouldn't be doing this well.

I went to my doctor a week ago, he told me I could do soft Proteins since I was doing so well. I've been eating eggs, fat free hot dogs, and some other stuff. Actually, I can get down everything with no problems.

The initial gas went away. I haven't thrown up. I have regular bowel movements.

I've lost 27 pounds since Feb. 13th. I started the pre-op diet at 290. When I went into surgery, I was 277. Now I'm 263. I haven't stopped loosing at all.

I'm not in bandster hell. And because of that, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I mean, the first few days after surgery were terrible, but now, I feel amazing.

Did anyone else have a similar experience? I was so prepared to gain some weight back and have problems digesting, but nothing. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't insane and that others had these flawless experiences.

ME!!! One of the first things that I remember my doctor saying to me when I was waking up from surgery was that he put on a 10cc band and it was pretty "snug". He said the same thing to my husband and mom, so I was hopeful that meant restriction. Apparently, it did. I've not been hungry, I've only been able to eat very little bits of food and have been losing steadily. I had a slight stall at around 20 pounds lost, but then it started moving again.

I had my surgery on 1/14. I was 282 then and I weighed this morning and I'm 257. I've lost 25 lbs in 8 1/2 weeks with NO FILLS. I've lost a total of 39 since the beginning of the pre-op 6 month diet thing. I've not had food get stuck, I've not had problems with food at all (there was one piece of chicken that I was afraid was going to get stuck and then it was OK). I'm only just now thinking of getting a fill because I'm able to eat more than I was at first, but still less than I used to. They told me I shouldn't be able to eat more than a Lean Cuisine entree and I'm able to eat a bit more than that. Some days I can eat more than others. I also get hungry at 3 hours instead of 5 hours so I'm having 3 meals and a small snack. Then again, if I'm doing this and not starving and I'm still losing, I should be OK. If its not broke, don't fix it! LOL I'm still holding out on the fill until the scale stops! I don't think anything is wrong. I'm just counting my lucky stars that I've not gone through the HELL that others have! :scared2:

I am only one day out and I am feeling great. I had a cardiac episode when I got up for the first time but since then I was running laps in the halls at the hospital. My Dr. said I was going to burn a hole in the floor. Just got home, ate some sugar free Jello and veggie broth and a few sips of Protein Water and I am honestly full and ready to just go to sleep.< /p>

I made this Soup. I love Outback's onion Soup, so I did this with some alterations. I used fat-free milk instead of cream and Cabot's 75 percent less fat cheddar cheese. Everyone in my house loved it, and for me, it curbed that urge for saltiness all the time.

Outback Steak House Walkabout Soup Recipe : Recipezaar

Oh that sounds yummy. Thanks for the info. I've been playing with recipes too in hopes of finding that which satisfies. I swear though I don't get like this unless I eat sugar free stuff.. but then it's also that time of the month :scared2: so I'm getting a double..

have a great weekend!!

I haven't reached a good amount of restriction yet, I have days when I get full right away and days when I can eat anything and everything, but I continue to lose. It freaks me out because I continue to lose even though I sometimes slide into my old habits. But I also know that just when I get to the point where my bad habits are going to get me in trouble, I will finally find the right fill amount in my band and it will force me to remember and continue with the good habits I've learned since surgery. This band is a tool, we are doing the majority of the work. So enjoy your success so far and if it's been easy so far, then enjoy.