Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used Isopure it's high in Protein they taste ok a little after taste to me but you may not taste it my godmother didn't (it might of been my taste buds). Also now for time to time I drink Bolthouse Farms mocha capp and it is very good it has 10grams of protein for every 8 ounces. I hope this helps.

I have used, and still use Worldwide Protein shakes. They are ready to drink in cans. Trader Joes carries 21g and 35g in vanilla and chocolate (approx $1.69 and $2.29 each, respectively). The Vitamin Shoppe carries only 35g but in all the flavors (Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, banana, and Cookies n' Cream). Individually they cost about $2.79 each but if you buy in 12 pack the price drops to about $2.33 ($27.99 for 12 pack) each. The Cookies n' Cream is like drinking an Oreo. I could take or leave Chocolate, but I love the Cookies n' Cream. I pack it in my lunch for work and drink first thing in the morning, since I don't like to eat right away. I get 35g of Protein right off the bat.

Foodwise if you like yogurt and have a Trader Joe store in your area, you can buy Greek style yogurt which has more protein than others. I am trying to minimize sugar and fat free flavored yogurts have loads, like 8-10 or more. So I recently started experimenting with plain fat free Greek Yogurt (has 6g sugar in the one I got--skim milk has about that much--I think it is the naturally occurring milk sugar). Trader Joe sells two under their name. The cheaper one has 12g protein but more than 6g sugar. The other that costs twice as much, has 22g protein (that is 22) and 6g sugar, so I got that. I dish out a cup into a container, and add sugar free preserves for my fruit, and maybe a spoon of cinnamon. It is delicious! I made raspberry cinnamon yogurt and had that mid morning. So combined with my shake I have gotten 57g protein before lunch.< /p>

The shakes say not for weight loss on the can. They are a protein supplement (body builders use it) but Brigham Womens Hospital has it on their list of approved Protein drinks in their bariatric program. It doesn't have added Vitamins like Atkins, and you will be taking Vitamins anyway. Calories run 160-170, 1g fat, 1.5 sat/fat, 5 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 210mg potassium.4g carbs. 1g Fiber,1g sugar, 35g protein (I fished my can out of the trash to give you the nutrients). It is sweetened with succralose (Splenda) and is milk based (in case you may be allergic). I keep protein powders at home to make smoothies (my surgery was 3/25/08). I have EAS and Team Vic(from a local gym). I have also order unjury powders online (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, plain, and chicken Soup flavors). Go to unjury.com.

Good luck on your journey.

I don't use a real Protein drink. Instead, i use the carnation essential Breakfast drink and add 2 servings of egg white(it comes in a carton in the cold section, next to egg beaters). with 8 oz. of skim milk, there is 23 grams of Protein in it. 3 a day would be all of your Vitamins and protein you need and it is 200 calories (with the powder, milk and egg whites) and it taste JUST like chocolate milk. no after taste.

Edited to add: i cannot have aritificial sweetners, so the carnation is best for me and my DR. said it was fine.

Edited by wannabthinagain

I use Biochem's whey Protein mix. I really like the chocolate fudge. They make a variety of flavors. Each has 20g of protein and less than 4 carbs per serving. I mix mine with skim milk and use a little bit of splenda and it tastes just like a Slimfast Chocolate Royal shake.. (without all of the sugar). I buy mine online for close to half the price health food stores sell them for. Go to Vitacost.com. 28 servings = $20.00. Low shipping costs too.

I have been using EAS protien drinks. They are 11 oz. each and have only 110 calories and 3g carbs, also they contain 17g protien! They are sold at Walmarts or Kroger and come in strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. I love the strawberry & so far it is working well for me....I have lost 8LBS in 8 days!

I have used the Isopure Protein Drinks. I like the orange, blue, & purple the best. However, right after surgery, my taste buds were different and they were awful to choke down. After a week or two, they started tasting normal again. So whatever you like for Protein drinks, beware that it may not taste the same right after surgery as it did before surgery. Good luck!!

Muscle milk here. I love it. They taste like milk shakes. SOOOOOO Good and they make tons of falvors. I just got cake batter and YUMMY. They sell it in a light fourm for those of us watching calories. The powered you mix yourself taste 100% better then the already mixed by them. I get my muscle milk at GNC but alot of places have it. I tried Isopure and I couldnt stomach it.... Hope this helps.........

Edited to add: i cannot have aritificial sweetners, so the carnation is best for me and my DR. said it was fine.

I need to limit my artificial sweetners as well. Thank you for sharing this!!! I would love to know how you got around everything else when ever you have the time.

Great question about the Protein drinks - I was curious and happy to read the responses.

First off, thanks to all you who have made recommendations! this is great info. I have surgery 3/20. so today is only liquid. I am using Isopure Vanilla, mix w/water, but 50gms of Protein, needs to be fixed up a little, with fruit, sweetner, but it's ok just as is. I'm going to try the other flavers and those pre mixed ones mentioned by World Wide. I also have had several of the Isopure Protein Drinks, 40g of protein. a little pricey 3.79 ea, less if you buy a case of same flavor, but untill you taste ea one, so I got 2 of ea. I'm getting hungry thou! :lol: time for a shake! good losing to everyone!:sneaky:

A Protein drink which contains 35-45 grams of protein per serving and around 180-200 calories is good for Lap Band patients. Look for a brand that is low in sugar, contains no aspartame but still tastes good. You can also mix and make your own recipes of protein drink. Try to get the daily intake of protein from solid food and a good whey Protein Powder. One can try Cytosport Protein Pure Performance Drink; it was suggested to my friend by Dr. Nilesh Patel after her surgery from Lap Band Austin

Does anyone use the 3oz Protein "shots"? It seems like they would be so much easier since you don't have to mess with the mixing. Just one of these gives you 45g of protein. I am thinking of buying some but wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!