Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much do you loose each month?

I'm loosing about 5-6lbs a month. I though it would be more...so I feel bummed and discouraged :thumbup:. I thought it would be 10+

How much do you loose each month?

I was told 1-2 pounds a week and that's what I'm losing, now that I have restriction.

How fast did you originally gain the weight? I think 5-6 pounds per month is a good loss! Are you feeling deprived, or is your eating working fine for you? If it is working, I would look at the long term view, 5-6 pounds is a good amount to lose.

if i have not lost 10 pounds by the end of each month then i go on a liquid diet for 2 or 3 days (all i can stand) that seems to help kick start me back into action

I'm loosing about 5-6lbs a month. I though it would be more...so I feel bummed and discouraged :crying:. I thought it would be 10+

The surgeon told me to expect 5-7 a month.The first 2 months the weight was flying off,the last two months not so much.I would be happy to consistently be losing.:thumbup:

I lost 7-9lbs a month, and 9lbs only in the months I flogged myself with exercise.

At 7-9lbs a month, I lost 57lbs in 6 months. I don't know about you, but I'm personally delighted with those results! Even if you're losing 6lbs a month, in 6 short months you would have lost 36lbs. In 12 months, you'd have lost 72lbs!

The other thing, of course, is if you would like to lose more each month, then the best thing for it is to exercise, exercise, exercise!

Since I got good restriction at the end of Dec, I've been losing 8-10lbs a month. But before I got restriction it was only about 2-4lbs a month.

I'm on that same boat, but I haven't gotten restriction yet, even though I already have 9.5cc in a 14cc band. Either way, I'm not stressing 'cause at least I am losing. I'm sure once I'm restricted the #s will come off a little faster. Good luck to all and God bless!:thumbup:

For the first seven months I averaged 8 pounds per month. For the last two months, since I hit the "20 pounds to goal" mark, I am only losing around 2 or 3 per month. :thumbup:

You are doing great. Sorry, 10+ pounds was not a realistic expectation. Shoot for 1-2 pounds per week, some weeks you might lose more and other times you may hit a plateau but you should try to average out to 4-8 pounds per month.

I was also told I would lose 1 to 2 pounds per week, with some weeks not losing anything (plateau). I am losing an average of 10 pounds a month.

Don't get discouraged. Try tracking calories, increasing your Protein, and increase your level of activity.

I'm loosing about 5lbs a month, but I don't have a lot of restriction yet. I go for a fill on Monday. I bet I'll be in my sweet spot after that. Early on the weight flew off, now it is slower. But still 5 pounds a month is better than the gaining I was doing before the band.

The first couple of months I was losing 9-10 lbs a month, for the next couple of months it slowed to 4-5 lbs a month, then after my fourth fill when I got good restriction it was around 8 lbs a month. I still have weeks that I'll only lose 1 pound, then the next one I may lose 3. Thats pretty much where I am right now....I'm averaging 8 lbs a month. I try not to let the weekly numbers discourage me and look at what I've lost over an entire month as my average. Best of luck to you!

I'm loosing about 5-6lbs a month. I though it would be more...so I feel bummed and discouraged :confused:. I thought it would be 10+

My doctor wants me to lose 4-6 lbs per month, which is a nice steady rate. I'm doing that, and it sounds like you are too! Don't be discouraged --that is a good steady weight loss and you'll be healthier for it!

I lost a lot per month pre and post op, mostly because of being on liquids, then mushies, and the drastic reduction of calories. I have okay restriction right now and I keep between 1000-1200 calories per day and am either losing 1-2 pounds a week or staying the same. I am completely okay with that. Especially since I have made it to Onderland-WooHoo and I'm only 45 pounds from my personal goal. Remember, we chose lap-band knowing it would go a little slower, but for me, Slow and steady wins the race.

Don't be bummed and keep up the good work.

I average on the lines of around 5-8lbs a month and my doctor said that was great...well I guess. Since I am a slow loser anyway. I have lost 6lbs each month if you do the standard dividing what I have loss to date and my surgery date. BUT IT'S A LOSS that is all I care about, in the beginning I didn't lose hardly any due to no restriction!!!