Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Surgery was June 5th and I am down 39lbs and my 3rd fill is holding so far. I am on a new challenge the Eliptical machine. It is a beast so my goal this week is to do it 5 days this week for 30 minutes and no treadmill, 3 days down 2 more to go.

Surgery was June 5th and I am down 39lbs and my 3rd fill is holding so far. I am on a new challenge the Eliptical machine. It is a beast so my goal this week is to do it 5 days this week for 30 minutes and no treadmill, 3 days down 2 more to go.

Very brave indeed. 5-7 minutes is my limit due to my crackly knees but I do it 5/7 days plus the cycle and treadmill so not doing too bad.

We are all doing so well and keeping positive, that's what keeps us going and this exercise lark is really good! I like the effect it has on my weight and posture but also my state of mind, it's so different now.

Good luck on your Eliptical machine challenge and congratulations on your weight loss.

I really need to get off my butt and start some serious exercising. I tried the September mileage challenge, and made it half-way, even though my goal for the month is only 20 miles, which would have been very easy to achieve. The thing is, I really like to walk, and the weather has been cooler, so I really don't have a good excuse.

Louise, how are you doing with your 60 mile goal? Better than me, I hope.

Well, today is a new day. I have an appointment uptown, which is a little over a mile away. I usually take the bus there, and walk home. If I can get my act together, and get ready quickly, maybe I can walk there also.

Joan

Good luck on your Eliptical machine challenge and congratulations on your weight loss.

I really need to get off my butt and start some serious exercising. I tried the September mileage challenge, and made it half-way, even though my goal for the month is only 20 miles, which would have been very easy to achieve. The thing is, I really like to walk, and the weather has been cooler, so I really don't have a good excuse.

Louise, how are you doing with your 60 mile goal? Better than me, I hope.

Well, today is a new day. I have an appointment uptown, which is a little over a mile away. I usually take the bus there, and walk home. If I can get my act together, and get ready quickly, maybe I can walk there also.

Joan

Hi Joan, 71 miles so far and had 9 days off with swine flu or a very heavy cold, docs couldn't decide and I was past caring anyway hehehe. I'll rack up another 6 or 7 miles tonight and hopefully some more tomorrow. I do have to push myself to go, I don't walk locally because it's getting close to being dark now after I finish work and I just don't feel safe or maybe confident enough to walk out. Whatever we do is beneficial but faster or longer seems to work better....sometimes!

Hi Joan, 71 miles so far and had 9 days off with swine flu or a very heavy cold, docs couldn't decide and I was past caring anyway hehehe. I'll rack up another 6 or 7 miles tonight and hopefully some more tomorrow. I do have to push myself to go, I don't walk locally because it's getting close to being dark now after I finish work and I just don't feel safe or maybe confident enough to walk out. Whatever we do is beneficial but faster or longer seems to work better....sometimes!

Feel my foot in your derriere for October!

71 miles! Way to go!

I hate it that its getting dark earlier now. Do you live in the city? Where do you walk. I live in Manhattan, so its hard to get a good pace going with all of the traffice lights. When I work my way up to a longer walk, I'll walk by the river and avoid the lights.

I dug out a new pair of sneakers from the bottom of the closet that I wore today. Now I have blisters on my heels. Guess its back to my weggie sandals (lol) for a few days while they heal. I have another appointment uptown tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to get in another 2 miles roundtrip before the end of the month. 14 miles is much better than last month. Its a start.

Joan

feel my foot in your derriere for october!

ouch!!!!!!

I have a community center near me that allows people to walk free on its walking track. I also have a treadmill we picked up at a garage sale for $35. But I much prefer walking outside. I try to get home in time to walk at least 40 minutes. I try to walk longer on weekends. I was walking longer everyday but now I'm teaching school and I get home late and its getting darker earlier. I stay on main roads if I'm out at dusk but I'm in a fairly safe neighborhood. I'm not a very fearful person; I'm careful, but not paranoid.

When the snow comes I'll do the treadmill and the walking track.

Well I managed 79 miles, my target was 95 miles for September, Joan I had been calculating wrong in August, kms to miles well it beats me but I did better than I had thought. So September wasn't too bad considering I stopped exercise totally for about 8 days with that flu/cold thing that laid me up. Dare I aim for 100 in October?

I love that I can come here and see you all doing this and share experiences. Although I m not a secret bandster I have just one other woman at work who has had it done. I even enticed her back to exercising too when she saw how it's working for me.

On we go ladies, October is another month and anything extra we can do is better for our well being, our waists and our smiles!

71 miles! Way to go!

I hate it that its getting dark earlier now. Do you live in the city? Where do you walk. I live in Manhattan, so its hard to get a good pace going with all of the traffice lights. When I work my way up to a longer walk, I'll walk by the river and avoid the lights.

I dug out a new pair of sneakers from the bottom of the closet that I wore today. Now I have blisters on my heels. Guess its back to my weggie sandals (lol) for a few days while they heal. I have another appointment uptown tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to get in another 2 miles roundtrip before the end of the month. 14 miles is much better than last month. Its a start.

Joan

Hi Joan, I would love to say I walk out in the fresh air in our local country park but I don't feel safe there and when I do walk in nature, I just want to stop and admire the views. I go to a local authority run gym and hop on the treadmill and cross trainer, think they're known as eliptical overseas. I even get a rush now when I know I can go, or sometimes I force myself to get there after my 10 hour working day. I only sit on my btm anyway doing customer service. I would like to swim more but after at least an hour in the gym after work finishes at 6, I'm then shopping and reaching home at about 9. I do enjoy my early morning weekend session though very much.

Comfortable sneakers/ running shoes are essential though. I have Nike dart, not expensive, not stylish but heaven on my feet and very lightweight. I wear the mens version simply because they are wider for my feet that are like boats.

You're doing well, we all have to push ourselves in this and sometimes it's hard to be positive but we have our place to air our views, and hey do we need it!

Everyone's doing great with the excercise. Congratulations. 23 more lbs for me. I don't think I'll have trouble with reaching that by Dec. 30, my birthday.

CBL

CHeri

Well I managed 79 miles, my target was 95 miles for September, Joan I had been calculating wrong in August, kms to miles well it beats me but I did better than I had thought. So September wasn't too bad considering I stopped exercise totally for about 8 days with that flu/cold thing that laid me up. Dare I aim for 100 in October?

... On we go ladies, October is another month and anything extra we can do is better for our well being, our waists and our smiles!

Louise, you put me to shame. 79 miles, with 8 days off with the flu. WOW! Here I was feeling proud that I managed to break my previous day record and get in 3 miles today. Yahoo!

I decided I HAD to get new walking shoes TODAY (the dog got to my old pair, and the cat is sticking with that story). After researching online, I decided to get either Skechers Shape Ups or Fit Flops Billows, but couldn't find either of them in my size or the style I wanted. I was not going home empty handed, so pick-ed up a cheap pair at KMart - something called TheraShoe. Does that sound like a wanna be, or what? They're quite comfortable and should last me for a few months. Hopefully, I'll still be walking regularly and can invest in a good pair then.

Cheri, good luck with the 23 lbs by the end of the year. Hope you make it, but whatever you achieve, you'll be in a better place than last year.

I joined the Turkey Day Challenge, and have about 11 lbs to go by then (Nov 26). My birthday is Dec 6. I'd love to loose an additional 5 lbs by then, but it will be tight. If I don't I'll wear my Spanx and just pretend I did. lol.

I'm going to aim for 25 miles for October. Not a big increase, but it will definately be a challenge for me.

I joined the Turkey Day Challenge, and have about 11 lbs to go by then (Nov 26). My birthday is Dec 6. I'd love to loose an additional 5 lbs by then, but it will be tight. If I don't I'll wear my Spanx and just pretend I did. lol.

QUOTE]

What is the Turkey Day Challenge?

What is the Turkey Day Challenge?

Hi Darlene,

Here's the tread for the Turkey Day Challenge.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/turkey-day-challenge-2009-a-100905/

Just sign on, and tell everyone your goal to loose by Thanksgiving.

Then go to the excel sheet, and log in your name, etc.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkYQ5YZkmOeIdE14aUJDSWs5RDFmRHgxZHVBR1JNdnc&hl=en

I think you need a g-mail account to access the spreadsheet, which, if you don't already have one, you can easily set up through google.

Some people update the spreadsheet once a week. I update everytime I loose some oz.

Glad you're joining us.

Joan

For some reason, I couldn't get my ticker back. I'm good and lost another pound! Hang in there everyone!