Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goals/expectations 2 years out

Mornin banders! :tt1:

Just wondering how others are feeling a few years out and whether they feel they are still progressing.

It will be 2 years from Surgery in April. I have met "their" goal by losing 60% of my total excess weight. However, I am only down 70+ lbs., which I am happy with. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled, but I still need to lose more.

Being plateaued for a very long time I have come to these conclusions:

1. I have to kick myself in the A... and get out there and start moving more.

2. I need to starting keeping better track of my eating, like I did at the beginning. I feel myself feeling less motivied and I don't know how to get that back.

3. I think I need the discipline of getting weighed in more often. At my clinic they only require 6 month check-ups at this point. I don't feel that is enough. I will go over that with the doc next month. As far as they are concerned, I met my goal and the band is doing its job.

Am I being unrealistic to want more? :thumbup:

I will have been banded 2 1/2 years this week. I do feel as though im still progressing. It is certainly taking more effort and longer to lose a pound these days but i am 100% confident i will reach my end goal wich is to lose 200 pounds. I do share your feelings in that having frequent required weigh ins would keep a person more in check, i know it certainly would me. Ive been debating doing the weight watchers thing for that exact reason. Good luck to ya!

Wow, you've done great!

I'm not quite 2 years out but everyday that I don't gain a pound-I'm progressing.

Took years to gain it, it's gonna take years to retrain myself.

I will be 2 years in Sept. I have also been thinking about what new goals I need to look at. I think the biggest thing I need to work on is to keep working out and to make sure that I do not over do it on eating and to keep that in check I need to make sure that I get fills when I feel that I need it and not let others try to change my mind because they think I do not need a fill because I have lost more than they think I should. Glad to see that everyone else is doing real well and pleased with there results. I can say that this site has helped out a lot.

Chris

:thumbup:

Thank you all for your advise and kind words. You guys are awesome and should be so proud of yourselves in your terrific weight losses! I'm amazed.

Kelin - 188 lbs. my gosh....you are the weight loss queen in my book! Do you mind telling me your age and how much exercise you did during this weight loss?

I think posting here really helps keep me motivated. I have lost 2 lbs. this week! :thumbup:

I was banded 2 years ago as of January 19. I have been in an extreme prolonged plateau for like the past year. Seems I have maxed out after like a year and a half. I asked my doc it it was possible to just max out of weight loss. I had already lost 60 pounds prior to deciding on the band and have lost almost 85 since. My highest weight ever was 368 about 10 years ago and today I am around 225. I gained about 5 pounds over Christmas (after scale had practically been deadlocked for months on end). I am very bummed out about it and lack of weightloss for the past year. I lost a lot of weight very fast the first year and then boom! much of nothing.

I got very frustrated because of the prolonged plateau despite doing what I felt was the right thing most of the time (following the rules) and exercising and still no weight loss. I felt like what I was doing was enough to make the scale move down if even a little bit. The only thing my doc could say was that I have been fat for so long that by body is fighting losing more weight but then she says there is no such thing as maxing out? Sounds like maxing out to me.

So I decided that this past holiday, out of frustration, I was not going to "deprive" myself and "sacrifice" if the scale was not going to show my efforts. Bad move because now I can't get back on track and it is almost April and I am still trying to lose the five pounds I gained plus more. It's just been so frustrating. I was not out of control before hand. I must admit I had my moments where i would treat myself but I was working out 4-5 times per week and if I splurged one day, I would cut back the next. Scale was still deadlocked. Nothing that I did made a difference. Hence my frustration led me to make my holiday decision.

At this point, I don't know what to expect or think. I don't want to believe that I have maxed out of weight loss and I am grateful that I am not in the 300's again & i love my new body and size 16 & 18's as opposed to 26/28 & some 30/32's. But I know I have to get back on track or I could be back to that person. I live in constant fear of getting back to the old 350+ me. I never imagined even being under 250 or being able to shop outside of Woman's World. My goal for myself is 199 (preferably 195) but this last 30 pounds might as well be a 100 to lose. I have a very stressful job, family and relationship issues. I know I have developed my lazy days where I don't workout. I am trying to work on my mindset and get rid of words such as deprive, suffer, sacrifice but after getting so frustrated and disappointed, they just crept into my vocabulary. Do any of you think that it is possible to just max out of weight loss? I am dreading my yearly ob/gyn appt this Tuesday because I have offically only lost 10 pounds in one year after I gained the five over Christmas. 10 pounds in one whole year!! I know that's better than nothing but I don't like it. I really think my issue currently is a mind issue and not a band issue. I feel I have good restriction. I got a little bit of fill in October and they were reluctant to do it then because based on what I said, they felt I had good restriction.I just can't kick this emotional eating which is sabotaging my continued weight loss.

I am now two years out, and I feel bad because I lost most of what I lost the first couple of months after the band-- the next 20 pounds came off over the rest of that year. Then this past year I have been at a plateau.

I took an inventory. I think a big part of it is motivation and the tools to stay motivation. For me, I know a recent fill is helpful. I get busy, I start to slide. A little fill goes a long way for me. I have another 60 pounds to lose so I need to get regular fills. And to exercise regularly. I ordered a body bug, and I scheduled personal training sessions. I think with keeping track of calories these things will help.