Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! restricted in morning have to drink hot liquide to get opened

Hello all, I am having some real issues. I am extremly restricted the morning. When I get up I can take small sips of Water. After about an hour I can drink a cup of hot tea or fat free coco. I can't eat until 4:00 pm and most the time in comes back up. If I drink something hot before I eat, I seem to be able to eat a little better. By 8:00pm I am able to eat and drink without much problems. Does anyone else experience this?

I was banded on 7/3/08 and realy have not lost weight. I had serveral fills and after everyone I had problems with restriction. At my last fill I now have 1.8cc. I am now losing weight, but worried about my restriction My doctor knows that I am very restricted in the morning, but they said that happens to some people. I worry about getting Water in and the Protein.

I have the same problem I cant eat until around 1pm or it gets stuck. I drink coffee and hot tea in the morning and that seems to loosen the band up so I can drink my Protein Drink.< /p>

Me too. It gets better as the day goes and hot liquid in the morning feels good. I keep trying Breakfast - some mornings I can keep down a tiny - I mean, like a tablespoon of scrambled eggs - but it is a waste. I was thinking of trying slimfast for breakfast a little later in the day as I do get really hungry in the morning. By lunch, I can take some Soup VERY slowly, but I am usually ok for dinner as long as I follow the rules about Protein first, sloooow eating, tiny bites and chew, chew chew. I just got a fill last week to get me here. I think I took to long to get fills. I am up to 4.7 ccs in a 10 cc band. THIS is definately restriction! I really am not complaining as I have lost weight slowly (very slowly) up to now. I know that I will lose weight quicker with this restriction.

Welcome to the wonderful world of bansters. I have had 9 fills and have this issue after about half of them. I think the biggest thing is we do have more restriction. There is probably a fine line to being just right and being a little tight. Being tight all day till 4 would be a problem to me. I wake by alarm at 4:15 daily, Warm coffee and thyroid medicine, so At that point no food for 1 hr at least. I seem to be a little more tighter after this last fill, So hot liquids first to loosen the mucus and then Cold frozen shake at 6:00. Normally by 8am I can work on some kind of real food, either Yogurt/w Cereal or oatmeal, Slowly of course. Next food goes in at around 11:30, slice cheese or PB cracker. lunch at 2 pm. So these foods up to this time are sorta what we call slider foods but they have the Protein I need. My lunch is the normal 1 cup of Protein and Veggie. dinner about 7/8 pm. I have such a long day, I do cardio 2 different times, lunch and evening, gym 4 nights along with yoga 3 nights and 1 morning class. The nutritionists told me to consume 1700 + calories to keep me burning the fat. I cannot eat that much, seems it may be defeating the purpose of the band to only eat 3x day as they instruct us to do.

But anyway, I really have to make sure I chew everything until it is a liquid state before swallowing, if not I can feel the tightness in my chest ise until the "wave" or churning causes the food to be pushed into lower tummy. I think we just have to relearn after each fill, it is a stark reminder that it will not go down on with only a few chews, it takes more, so we eat slower and only give yourself 30 minutes max to eat.(set a timer) Again cut your food up in about the 1/4 size of your fingernail. Then chew, If it is not happenng. Then you can say you are really way to tight, have them take out only a little. I like being a little tight, it keeps me on track.

That is what I signed on for when I got my band, to learn how to eat only that nutritious type food in small portions.. Good luck!:thumbup: