Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 weeks postop surgery and I feel like something is wrong. When I get up or move in certain directions, the area just below the port becomes very painful with a sharp/shooting pain that stops me in my tracks. :laugh: I know that alot of people say the port area is sore and painful, but this is different than it was before. It feels like something is pulling and I can't palpate (feel) the port anymore, the area around it feels warm. Has anyone experienced this? I do have a call in to my doctor and hope they can see me soon. I am a bit scared, but trying not to worry. :tt2:

Edited by ShelleyB
spelling

sharp port pain is totally normal and can last for a long time, but if the area is red, swollen and extremely tender to touch than u probably have an infection.

Shelley, the shooting pain you occasionally feel is in the deep muscle tissue. That is where alot of the surgery took place, and it takes quite awhile to heal. You could have pulled an internal stitch, or the muscle itself. I did this about 6 days out, and with a little rest, it got better. My doc said this was an extremely common injury after surgery.

However, the incision feeling warm is something I would definitely talk to your doc about.

Good luck, let us know how you are doing!!

BIG HUGS,

I have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. He says we will probably do an ultrasound to make sure the port is in place. I will let you know how it goes.

I have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. He says we will probably do an ultrasound to make sure the port is in place. I will let you know how it goes.

So, I went to the doctor and it seems I have torn an internal stitch! The doctor did an ultrasound and said that my port was slightly tilted, but still useable and did not need to be surgically fixed. I am supposed to rest for the next 3 weeks to let it heal. Otherwise, I feel great and can't wait for my first fill!

Glad everything is okay!!:confused:

Hugs,

I had terrible port pain that actually got worse as I healed. About 2 months after my surgery it was to a point where it was doubling me over, and my doc said the scar tissue that formed around it was likely pulling on the muscle it was stitched to. He did a very minor surgery and clipped a bit of the scar tissue and it was like night and day, haven't had any trouble with it since :w00t: