Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 19 yay!!!!!!!

Hi guys,

are there any other March 19th bandsters. This is like my second post so im pretty new. I started my diet today and im so hungry but other than that I feel great!!!! Is threr a group for march bandsters and if so how do i join?:rolleyes:

My surgery is also scheduled for March 19th. I can't beleive it is finally going to happen! I haven't started my preop diet yet. I only have to do it for a week before. My lab work came back with elevated white blood cell count. Not sure what is going to happen with that. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday things will get worked out.

I also am scheduled for March 19th. I start my pre op diet on Thursday. I had blood work done yesterday. I'm so ready!

I start my preop diet on Thursday also. What are you going to eat (drink??)

I've got a grocery list started. My dietician recommends crystal light, propel, calorie free or sugar free drinks, broth Soups, and sugar free popsicles. These are "free" foods that you can have in unlimited amounts. Other foods like gatorade, reg. Jello, popsicles, light yogurt, or Protein shakes I can have in limited amounts because of the sugar.

I'm not real excited about doing this, but the nurse expained to me that the longer you can do this diet, the better it will be for your surgery. Your liver will get smaller and be out of the way for the laproscopic surgery. I'm going to try my best!

I'm going to the grocery store tonight.

I had my lap band on March 9th. My wbc was also elevated the week before but I had a sinus infection. It can be something as simple as that. So if you have been sick or anything don't worry about your wbc.

Sounds like what I will be doing. Can't wait to see how your first day goes. I'm actually looking forward to it. It's a step closer. I may think differently this time tomorrow:)

I'm ok so far. I have drank broth and a Protein Shake. Not doing too bad. I think sipping on broth throughout the day will help me keep the hunger down. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but ask me again tonight and you might get a different answer!:confused:

Well guys...tomorrow is the day. Are you excited? I am, but nervous. I haven't lost weight during the Pre Op. How has everyone else doing?

I am excited for tomorrow. Has anyone heard of the doctor not doing the surgery because you didn't lose weight during the liver shrinking phase. That is my biggest fear right now.

:)

I had mine done last Thursday and I'm doing great! Just moved up to the next level of foods: pureed. My surgical sites are healing well, but I do still have some pain, especially in the am. My worst problem is feeling weak, but I assume that will get better after I add more foods back in. I've lost 15 lbs. in one week! I know that will slow as I progress my diet, but it's more than I've ever lost before!:cursing:

I had my surgery last Thursday and am doing great also. I have very little pain and seem to be almost back to "normal". I am very hungry tho' and can't wait to see my doctor tomorrow. He had originally told me 2 weeks of liquids, but I am hoping that I can be upgraded to pureed food also. I am not sure if I lost any weight or not. My scale seems to go up an down. Guess I will find out tomorrow. Glad to hear that you're doing so well. I can't wait to put this band to use:)

i was banded on the 19th. Since i started the liquid pre-op diet, i have lost 30lbs........stuck at this stupid number though! ready for a fill---4/29.

I've lost about 20 and am also stuck at that number. I actually think I gained a few pounds when I added more foods. I don't get a fill until May. I just keep telling myself that it will come eventually.

There you are! Hi everyone. I'm one of you guys...March 19.