Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached goal WITHOUT a Fill?!?!?!?!

I am three months post-op and do not plan of getting a fill anytime soon. I am averaging 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week, and just think why should I get a fill? My plan is to schedule a fill when I do not lose weight for at least two weeks in a row. Though I am hoping that I can get to goal without getting a fill at all. I know I am relatively new to this, and this is probably not reality for most.

Has anyone out there reached goal, or darn near, without having any fills?

I am three months post-op and do not plan of getting a fill anytime soon. I am averaging 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week, and just think why should I get a fill? My plan is to schedule a fill when I do not lose weight for at least two weeks in a row. Though I am hoping that I can get to goal without getting a fill at all. I know I am relatively new to this, and this is probably not reality for most.

If you can reach your goal without a fill, then there was no need in getting the surgery.

If you can reach your goal without a fill, then there was no need in getting the surgery.

I believe that the decision just to get the lap band in itself is/should be a change in mind set that will allow you to lose weight. I hope not to get a fill either.

Good job to the OP, keep it up, you can do it and be a role model for those of us who see the band as "just a tool" if you don't need it, don't pull it out of the toolbox.:cursing:

As I was reading this post I noticed the avatars from post #2 and post #3 and got that picture in my mind of the angel on one sholder and the devil on the other! LOL!

Anyway, I'm going to have to agree that you are doing a great job and no need getting a fill if you don't need one.

What a load of BS! That's why you see so many people on here talking about sliming and PB'ing. Instead of using it as a tool, they use it as a crutch. Good job to the original poster for using the band the way it was intended. If you are still losing there is NO reason to get a fill.

i am three months post-op and do not plan of getting a fill anytime soon. I am averaging 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week, and just think why should i get a fill? My plan is to schedule a fill when i do not lose weight for at least two weeks in a row. Though i am hoping that i can get to goal without getting a fill at all. I know i am relatively new to this, and this is probably not reality for most.

i was banded on 2/5/09 i am not at my six week ck up yet, that will be on the 18th of march..at my 2 wk ck up i had already lost 19 pounds.. I have since lost 6 more..my doc said he may or may not do a fill on the 18th.. I am loosing and i am not hungry either. Good luck to you and congrats

dee

Thank you so much for MOST of your replies :cursing:!

I feel that the band IS working! I do not believe that the LB is the answer to all, I feel it is a tool to be used. With no fill I can still only eat a cup to a cup and half of food. So it IS working for me. Before I could eat triple that!

My theory, and take it as strictly my opinion here :). I would rather be able to eat a cup to a cup and a half of food and lose slower....than be able to eat half a cup of food after a fill to lose faster.

I am not saying I will never get a fill, but I just know that since surgery I have had a completely different mind set about food. I think about everything that goes into my mouth.

And contrary to what some might BELIEVE, if I could have done what I am doing now without the band I would not have been over weight all of my life!!!!!!

I was just trying to find out if anyone had reached goal without a fill. I am still just a newbie with a band, trying to figure this all out :)!

Thanks again for all of the POSITIVE posts :)!

Good luck to you all! If we have come this far we can go the distance (with or without a fill)!!!!

Edited by wstorms

I too have become so aware of what goes in my mouth I haven't bit my fingernails since I've been banded! LOL I used to bite them for as long as I can remember. Now I'll be thinner with nice fingernails ;-)

i was banded on 2/5/09 i am not at my six week ck up yet, that will be on the 18th of march..at my 2 wk ck up i had already lost 19 pounds.. I have since lost 6 more..my doc said he may or may not do a fill on the 18th.. I am loosing and i am not hungry either. Good luck to you and congrats

dee

CONGRATS!!!! I do not feel hunger either! At least not the way I used to. Pre-band I was always hungry. I don't know if it is the band placement or just me, but I still don't really feel hunger. My stomach growls and rumbles, and I think, "Oh I better eat."

I have heard some say, they have severe 'head hunger'. I think before the band I had more head hunger than real hunger!

Good luck and keep up the good job!

texas, there are many bandsters who are able to reach goal without a fill. Some people are able to maintain good restriction and weight loss without one. You do still have restriction without a fill, so to say that there is no need in the surgery is just false.

I too have become so aware of what goes in my mouth I haven't bit my fingernails since I've been banded! LOL I used to bite them for as long as I can remember. Now I'll be thinner with nice fingernails ;-)

That is TOOO funny! But I COMPLETELY get it :)! You are just more aware.

Keep it up :cursing:

texas, there are many bandsters who are able to reach goal without a fill. Some people are able to maintain good restriction and weight loss without one. You do still have restriction without a fill, so to say that there is no need in the surgery is just false.

Thank you so much for your post. That is the kind of information I was looking for :cursing:!!!!

Thank you so much for your post. That is the kind of information I was looking for :)!!!!

You are most certainly welcome. Congrats to you for being so successful, keep on the right track. :cursing:

that's a bit unfair.

some get the band who had been successful in the past in dieting - just wanted to prevent regain. surgery alone is restriction enough for some....gosh i wish i was one of them:!:cursing:

I am 8 weeks post op and on my follow up at 6 weeks I had already lost 30 pounds. My doctor didn't want to give me a fill but said to call back if I didn't continue with a loss. The past week or so I have had a lot of stomach rumblings and feeling of hunger. I am definitly eating so much better but I have only lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I'm probably going to call for a small fill as I don't often feel hardly any restriction.

COngratulations on your loss and I hope it keeps up for you.