Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Treat for yourself?? Other than FOOD!

I'm hoping that I'm not the only one that for most of my life has used food as a treat for something well done. You know the routine, have another birthday - Go out to dinner! Get a raise - Go out to dinner! Buy new clothes - GO out to dinner! See where this is going?????

Anyhow now I've been racking my brain for a really good reward for not only myself but my hubby seeing as how he is a bandster too.

My solution is going to serve a two fold reward.

Last week we went up to UVA hospital to visit my friend that is the new host to my left kidney (transplant 5 years ago). She had to have surgery back on January 15th. If it could go wrong, it has. In attempt to make a long story short, she had given up and refused treatment and wanted to die. Her hubby called us to drive up and see if we could talk to her. Everyone in her family hadn't been able to reach her at that point, even her father.

A deal was made that I plan to honor that is going to be a pleasure to do and surgery/stop smoking for me is going to make it possible.

I'm putting the $25 that it would take to buy another carton of Cigarettes every 5 days into a special bank account. Now that fund started on January 5th.!

I told Kim that if she would dig down and find the will to fight & live to get out of there that I'd pay for a rental cabin in Pigeon Forge, TN for a week for all of us. A full 7 night stay!

I have found the perfect cabin! It's beautiful. Want to see? Go here ..... http://www.cabinfevervacations.com/gatlinburg-pigeon-forge-cabin-rentals/cid/612

That is my idea for our treat. Although it will be a while before we go. The deal I made Kim was to go in May 2010. By that time I should have a fair amount of this blubber gone for good and be able to do some of the things there that I hadn't been able to before! :)

What is your treat to yourself???

When I lost 20lbs I bought new running shoes and a mani pedi is always a good treat.. I got a tattoo when I reached goal..lots of new clothes and bikinis..

my treat, when i reach goal, will be pin up photos. Nothing lewd or too revealing, though!

darn!!! Hahaha

Pedicures, new outfit, new bra from Victoria's Secret (got my first one last weekend.... Woo hoo!!!) a movie with hubby. We sit in the back and smooch like teenagers........ A drive to the beach to collect shells. A bubble bath by candlelight. AAaaaaahhhhhhhh........... There's lots of little rewards you can give yourself. the bra was a big one for me. I dreamed of one like it for YEARS. I'll be 50 in June, and felt like it. This little incentive tooks years off my psyche.

There were lots of little rewards for each 5 or 10 lbs...my indulgence/addiction is books, so I would spend the amount of $=pounds lost in books.< /p>

Others included: a bra-fitting and some new fitting bra's (really, it did wonders psychologically as well as affecting how my clothes fit); new hair cut and colors; manicure; new shoes; a trip to visit my sister (hadn't done that in 8 years); books, books, and more books.....

Lots of things.....

a massage

a pedicure

a binge at Victoria's Secret....nothing like a good bra to make you feel good about your new body!

new outrageous make up at Ulta

SHOES and or purse

a new tattoo

a new book

a new cd

a Decaf skinny carmel latte at Starbucks

New hair cut this week, folks say I look like a different person. Got some dressier pant suits so I am not hiding under a large tee shirt all the time now. Still comfortable stuff. Going on cruises and planning to be more active.

Iv kinda hit a plateau, into my 3rd week at this weight, hoping I lose more, that this isnt it.

I am not sure yet, as my first reward is a big one - a trip to Miami thanks to my wonderful parents.

After that, I'm planning on celebrating every 10 pounds with a charm for my charm Bracelet.< /p>

I just found out yesterday that my surgery will be on April 9th, so I have been thinking about this thread topic a lot in the past 24 hours! I am going to have professional pictures taken. Some of just me, and some candid black and white ones with my husband and son. I have photos all over my house of the rest of my family, but none of me with them. I am sooooo excited for this!

I'm broke right now...so even cheap treats are no-no's right now. I've been trying to document the positive effects of my weight loss. For example:

• I can fit into a size 14 (down from a 20).
  • Airplane seats are no longer uncomfortably tight (oh, they're still uncomfortable...they are airplane seats, after all).
  • I can wear my wedding ring.
  • I can take my wedding ring on and off without resorting to violence.
  • I've got enough energy to do housework and hang out with the family after a hard day at work.
  • My husband has been much more...interested lately.
  • I can cross my legs...and neither leg falls asleep.
  • I walked past the office food day table without feeling a compulsion to pick up a plate full of food.< br />

These are just some of the things I remind myself about every day.

And long term, I am planning on getting a new tattoo when I hit my goal weight.

Manicure, Pedicure, facial, a piece of jewelry.

A final treat for myself, trip to europe.

BUT, I think the best treat for myself that I have done is so inexpensive... I took pictures each month... same pose "front and side". I keep these pictures in my purse.

When I am having a bad day, or seems like the scales are not moving... I pull out those pics. TALK ABOUT A TREAT...... It is hard for me to see the weight loss when I look down or in the mirror, but when I see the pics... I know the truth.

Lois