Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to Vent

I know that I shouldn't be basing my results on other peoples results but after two weeks and only being down 8, I feel like I am failing. It sounds silly but I don't feel like a winner. Every time I get on the scale it doesn't seem like it is moving. I read people saying "I am down 27 pounds and I am three weeks out", and I get sooo discouraged. I exercise everyday, like I always do but nothing is helping. I know my standards are not what they should be but I thought I would be down more than this by now. I can start eating Friday and I am scared I will gain everything back when I start eating food food. Grrrr I hate this. Plus I am all emotional today. Got my haircut and wanted to cry because I hated it and it makes me look like an old lady, my mom bought me a new bedspread wanted to scream because I didn't like it, and then I had to clean my room because my nana is coming tomorrow and she gets my room and I get the living room couch. And to top it off my new bedspread, my mom took me to get a different one, isn't allowed to go on my bed until I get out of bed tomorrow, so I don't even get to be the first person to sleep with it and always like that. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Sorry I just had to vent thanks for listening!

Everyone needs to vent from time to time.

Don't be discouraged about losing 8 lbs. Eight pounds is great.

1) The band is only designed to help you loose 1-3 lbs. per week. You have lost 4 per week.

2) Any weight you loose before you are filled is a bonus. This is a time for healing, not necesarily weight loss. The loss will come fast enough, however I certainly can relate to wanting off NOW. :-)

Keep your chin up, you are doing great!

Every time I get on the scale it doesn't seem like it is moving.

First off..stop getting on the scale , that is a sure way to sabatoge yourself and to get discouraged.

Secondly, remember you have no fill yet. The band works when it is filled. Once you start getting your fills, you will notcie a change

Thirdly, you can not comapre yourself to others, this is not about anyone else's experience but yours. We all have different metabolisms, different starting weights, different BMI's we all lose at different paces.

Have you ever lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks before on your own without the band? Most liekly NOT or you wouldnt have opted to get the band.

You're going to do just fine with your band. Give it time, thie first 6 weeks is for healing, any wieght loss is just a bonus. You have the rest of your life with this band, we did not gain this weight overnight, and it will not fall off overnight. It takes time...keep that mindset..this is not a race.

You will succeed!!! Keep your head up! Don't get down, you can do this. YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE :D

Just tossing in that I concur with what everyone else has said lol.

You're doing fantastic!! I barely lost anything before my first fill. Keep exercising and keep your chin up. Before you know it, that weight is going to be falling off faster than you can buy new clothes :D

dont' get discouraged. everyone is different and loses weight at diff pace and diff people had different reactions to the surgery. in my case, i lost lots of weight in my first three weeks because i had severe mouth ulcers as reaction to the antibiotics. it was so painful, i could not even swallow my saliva without crying. i hardly drank anything but Water and honey because everything else is way too painful. Personally, i'd rather lose less weight and not suffering the ulcers for two weeks straight.

I think you are doing great. you're committed to exercises and all. just stop weighing yourself so much i suppose. make a list of nsv's......

good luck and i hope you're feeling better!

You already made the biggest step of your life, and only 8 pounds!! That is 8 one pounds of butter , or almost a 10 bag of sugar. Go look and see what is gone off your body!!! As for the scales, the numbers on the scales are to tell skinny people they are fat. You will be better if you weigh once a week, and if anyone asks how much have you lost, it must show!! You will do great!! Keep smiling and keep moving forward...8 pounds is great!!

I too am two weeks out and have lost eight pounds. Dr. Clinch told me not to expect to lose much more than that until the first fill. I know how you feel though --- that's one of the reasons I don't own a scale.

Take care and keep your chin up!

Think of the first 6 weeks as a time of healing and a time for you to establish a good routine. start measuring what you eat, tracking your calorie intake, going to they gym or exercising everyday, keeping in touch with your support person, keeping a private journal about your feelings and your hopes and dreams for yourself. The first six weeks are just for that.

As far as your nanna getting to use your new comforter before you...just be glad its your nanna using it and not some old, sweaty, funny smelling uncle or other family member. You could always ask your mom if you can use your new comforter on the couch and let your nanna use the old one on your bed. It's a thought..ask your mom.

Getting on the scale every day can be discouraging for some people; it can also be motivating for others. It seems to be discouraging for you. weigh yourself only once a week on the same day of the week..it will make tracking your progress much easier and it will give you something to look forward to.

Venting here is what EVERYONE does. Never feel that you can't. It is a way to blow off steam and it is better than drowning your anxiety in a gallon bucket of icecream.

Best of luck to you in your continued sucess. Remember you are NOT a FAILURE!!