Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bandster HELL success stories......

I need to hear encouraging stories about how even though you started out w/no restriction, after a fill everything was rosy.

i was banded on 2/16. i had no hunger and restriction for a week after surgery and the BOOM. major hunger. my stomach growls so loud u can hear it across the room. i can eat anything but bread. my meals are about 60% the size before banding. i have not had junk food in a month so i am being vigilant about dieting, but i'm starting to wonder if maybe i did make a mistake having this surgery.

I was banded on the 19th! the first week for me after was really hard I too, was extremely hungry. I was told to only do Protein liquids, sf Jello, sf pudding, and lowfat cream Soups. I was soo hungry Friday that I snitched some grahm crackers that seemed to do the trick. I only have 4 more day on this liquids then, on Thursday, hopefully I will go to mushies after I meet eith the dr. I have only lost 1 pound since the surgery. Let's keep in touch :party:

I was banded on the 11th of Feb. I was the same way. I thought I would starve to death!!!! It does get better when you can start on softs though, well it did for me. I'm still hungry sometimes but it is not nearly as bad as when I was on liquids.

Banded 6 days ago. I am very satisfied with protien drinks, instant carnation Breakfast with beneprotein and creamed Soups. Hungeries are not my problem. I am still burping like crazy. It happens with every sip I take. I hope going to softer foods will stop this. I, too, feel like I have not lost any weight since surgery despite taking in less than 800 calories a day. I think I need to bump this up because my body is in starvation mode.

I am currently in bandster HELL...but it's okay...I just keep telling myself this time is all about the healing. I was banded on February 13th, and don't get my first fill until March 12th. I have my appetite back and I'm eating so-so. If i gain a few pounds during this time I can deal with it. Don't forget the analogy that everyone here uses, you have the tool, it's just not turned on yet. Don't fret until you start getting fills. This is a process and it's not going to be easy or just a drop in the bucket. Stay encouraged, talk a lot with your doctor and/or nurse(s), and I'm sure we'll all do fine. That's my story and i'm sticking to it!

We all went through what you are going through... i had no restriction and i was hungry from day 1!! I was still hungry and able to eat alot after my first fill... it was not til my 2nd fill i felt the band and started to lose weight.... after my 2nd fill i could only eat 2-3oz's and i was fine only eating 3 times a day... so be patient, i know its hard... cuz it was for me!

I was banded Oct 08 and I was the same way. After each fill (3 total) I would feel some restriction but I would still be hungry but I couldn't eat because of the restriction. It takes time for your body to adjust. I use to wonder too if the surgery was gonna "work for me" and I still felt enslaved to food. After time and after my 3rd fill I really noticed the difference. I now get "restricted" after about 3.5-4 ounces off food. And I feel "full". "Full" to me id different than it use to be. Before "full" meant you needed to roll me to bed after I ate, but "full" now is simply satisfied, not hungry anymore. Like I said, give your body time to adjust. Keep in control and remember YOU make the surgery work, the surgery doesn't work for you.

thanks for the responses, that really helps ease my mind. this is going to be a journy. im still happy i had the lap band and not gastric bypass.