Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on 2/25 and I have gained 5 pounds

yes i think that is normal. same thing happened to me after surgery. it is all of the gas they pump inside of you so they can move around. not to worry, totally normal! it will go down in a couple days!

Yeah- they pump so much Fluid and pain meds into you. Give a week or so and you'll be fine.

Hey Derbin!

How are you feeling? I am doing pretty well...little sore...tons of gas! It actually hurts when I take a deep breath but other than that not too bad.

The morning of surgery I weighed 293. The day after I weighed 303. It has been steadily going down though.

I don't think we need to be worrried...It will come :()

Take it easy :thumbup:)

~A

Edited by Ale78
wrong weights!

Hey Derbin!

How are you feeling? I am doing pretty well...little sore...tons of gas! It actually hurts when I take a deep breath but other than that not too bad.

The morning of surgery I weighed 293. The day after I weighed 303. It has been steadily going down though.

I don't think we need to be worrried...It will come :wink:)

Take it easy :o)

~A

Hi I am doing much better today. The past three days I have been in excruciating pain! I was not expecting that. It was way worse then my c-section. I finally went out yesterday and bought a support band for my stomach and that has been a miracle for me. I have not had to bad of gas. This morning I am feeling it a little bit in my shoulder.

The morning of surgery i weighed 245 and last night i weighed 250. Right now i weight 248.4.

I had the same thing! I weighed 3 lbs. more the day after surgery! But I feel like a bloated whale right now, so I guessing its the gas, anesthesia, surgery, etc. I weighed this morning, 4 days since surgery and was down 4 lbs.! I think not weighing for the first week is a marvelous idea! Wish I had thought of that!

I can't help but get on the scale...lol I am SOO impatient. But This AM 288!!! Wahoo! Of course I am starving but whatever...lol

The last time I was under 295 was just before I got pregnant with my daughter in 2004!

I am still having pains when I take a deep breath? Are you guys having that? Also I got the hiccups last night...I thought I was going to die! I had to take pain meds to get through it. I hadn't taken any since the night before.

I also got out for a walk last night...that felt good! I felt like a real person...lol

How are you ladies doing?

~A

Well I want to tell you all (recently banded) that you should not get on the scale for weeks!! Seriously, during the first 4-6 weeks you should expect to gain weight, not lose. This time is for healing, not losing. Since my surgery on 1/19/09 I've only lost 5lbs and I probably shouldn't even have lost that but I've been working out like a fiend. Before the band, if I had done what I've done for the last 6 weeks, I would've EASILY lost 15lbs+ during the same time frame.

Your body needs to figure out what just happened to it and adjust, this takes time. Just do what your Dr. instructs and it will eventually come off. You will be in "bandster hell" until your first fill and then things will finally improve and the weight will come off. Just be patient!

It didn't happen to me but I made a comment in the office before surgery because their scales were off and I said I didn't want to come back and have gained 10 lbs. They said it is always possible because they pump you so full of fluids.

Of course, they pump you full of basically sugar Water. Do you think that's such a good idea for a diabetic? My blood sugar went to over 400 in the hospital and then I kept having to reminding the nurse to check it because they just left it in. Oh yeah - now it's ONLY 300. You think? - get that thing out of me!

Hi, I was banded on 2-25-09 as well. It looks like we have the same weight loss goals, mine is slightly higher. I haven't even felt hungry since the surgery... However, I totally agree to step on the scale and not see a loss after 4 days.... well quite frankly I was totally disappointed just leaving the hospital looking the same!! LOL! Seriously i think this will work really well for me and I am going to start exercising again probably later this week. I am going back to work part time this week and then full time next week. I am hoping we can keep in touch and on track online. I am going to set up my tracker this week. I am 39, live in Sacramento, CA.

Hey Derbin247,

I was banded on 2/24 and though I didn't experience weight gain, I was in miserable pain until yesterday when all seem to settle down. I still have some lingering after effects from surgery but I'm hoping these too will go away before my 1-week anniversary.

Oh, and BTW, I had 2 c-sections and this was so much worse. I think because I was in the hospital for 4 full days for each of my children, the 2nd-day-in-the-worst rule played out differently with nursing care and my nurse-in-a-box (that self administering pain meds miracle machine).

Anyway, onward and upward,er, I meant...downward. :party::mellow::hurray: