Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies 2yr Bandiversary Month!!!

Jeni,

A 360 with a vertical incision, my arms and a revised breast lift, no implants.

Mine isn't until April 6th. You'll be well on the road to recovery at that point and can tell me all about yours.

You'll be alright. I know you're excited. I'm excited for you too!

thanks!!! i am very excited about getting rid of the excess stuff:w00t: and ill be 3wks out when you go for yours.... so i will definately let you know

Hey you two, my two most inspirational people. Juli, sorry to hear these issues in your life at this moment.

When all is over and you're on your way to recovery, your band anniversary will be much celebrated and hope you'll feel it was truly worth it.

Jeni, good luck and I'll be saying prayers for you. It's understandable your nerves going haywire. You'll hear this many times - just try to relax and all will go well. Have a positive mind set and the healing will go by fast and smooth.

Well till next time. Good Nite.

Hey you two, my two most inspirational people. Juli, sorry to hear these issues in your life at this moment.

When all is over and you're on your way to recovery, your band anniversary will be much celebrated and hope you'll feel it was truly worth it.

Jeni, good luck and I'll be saying prayers for you. It's understandable your nerves going haywire. You'll hear this many times - just try to relax and all will go well. Have a positive mind set and the healing will go by fast and smooth.

Well till next time. Good Nite.

Awww... Gwen you are too sweet!!!! Didn't realize that i was an inspiration....

And yes my nerves are going haywire... i cant sleep... in 36hrs i will already be 20min into the procedure!!!!

What helped a little was going to the gym and hopping onto the elliptical for 40... i guess the adrenaline rush was a good idea... im gonna go to the gym tomorrow night and the morning of the procedure...

ok ill come and check in possibly tomorrow night or if not after surgery

Let me suggest you don't go to the gym the morning of your surgery.

You will need your body's energy to heel from surgery. The night before, by all means, but exercising the morning of sugery is a bit over the top.

Or that's my opinion. feel free to ignore me. :confused: My feelings won't be hurt.

I woke up this morning and just realized that this month is the 2 year mark for us! WOW!!!! I had to stop a minute and think if I missed my date or not...I didn't, but I was close to missing it with only 3 days left to the 15th.

My first year was awesome with only one fill the entire year and the weight just fell off. The second year I was very frustrated with my Dr and my fills. I've been filled and unfilled more times than I care to remember. I gained some weight back and reached 205lbs during this time. I am proud that my current weight is now 194lbs even though I had reached a low of 182lbs. I never reached my goal but I still have hope. I think I've figured out what was going wrong with my band and my body (with no help from my Dr who thinks we are all just gluttonous pigs...but that's a long story). Dr. Bonomo moved so he is not who I am referring to by the way...it's the idiot Dr who replaced him. On a good note, my last fill went well and I will be going for another one on the 23rd.

I do worry about my band sometimes as I have one of the original smaller bands. Now they have new and improved bands which leads me to believe there have been more issues with the one I have because I don't think they even make it anymore.

Overall, I have no regrets and I am still so happy that I have my band! :w00t:

I see many of us have not checked in. I guess by the second year the thrill is gone and the band just becomes second nature almost.

Congratulations to everyone who has reached their 2 year mark and those to come! :confused:

Juli, Jeni, Whitepants it's good to see you guys are still here keeping the Marchies alive!!!

I will have to check in more often! :w00t:

Oh my Jeni!!! I just realized you are having surgery today and Juli your surgery is coming up soon. I am so excited for you guys!!! I know the pics maybe a little personal but please post your results if you can.

Congratulations to the both of you! I am sure your surgeries will be a success! :confused:

Tammy!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

You are looking beautiful in your avatar! You've been so missed!

I don't know if I'm going to post pics, but I'll certainly be talking about it too much.

I'm thinking of Jeni. Hope she's doing well. I'm sure she is!

HI All, just checking in. Glad another person has returned. Now the rest will hopefully be stopping by.

Juli, how are things going? Have you taken all of your preop tests?

In my anniversary date soon approaching, March 27, I'm noticing I'm about to sabortage myself. I told myself that I'll eat this or that and then that'll be it. And when I do, it's always the junk food. Also, bending on emotional junk food eating. I caught onto it today. As I'm finishing off a bar of candy. But, as always I know it's just another phase I'm going through. Now I just have to learn to find a way to not let it control me.

I did notice one time that if I eat enough Protein, I don't have that much of a craving. I haven't been eating the daily amount of Protein lately. Just eating mostly vegetable, Beans and legumes, with some carbs. So, back to the drawing board. I was boarding on doing the vegetarian way for a while. So, back to the drawing board.

Hope to read positive things from you.

Hi all....

Surgery went well and im doing ok.... It's not like its a walk in the park, but its getting better everyday... I stayed two nights in the hospital and came home last night at 9pm and went straight to bed.....

Pain med make me very drowsy so thats all i wanted to do, is sleep..

But it looks great!!! And the surgeon said he got off at least 20lbs of excess tissue!!!

Tammy my banding sister!!! its so goo to hear from you again... today is our day!!

And gwen your bandiversary is on my birthday March 27th!!:)

Hello,

Jeni 20 lbs of tissue that is wonderful and amazing. I wish you a very quick recovery friend, please keep us updated!

Juli your just around the corner, I would love to sit and have ice tea with you and pick your brain. I want to get in there and just lose all this already. I am looking forward to following your plastic surgery journey! Here's to a speedy recovery!:lunch:

Tami I have the new band, I can't tell the difference, I have a 14cc it took a very long time to fill but it feels the same. Congrats on breaking through to the 190's, that is my biggest goal right now.

White pants don't you just love doing an exercise you enjoy? Good for you!

To everyone else out there lurking Happy Anniversary, we would love to hear from everyone. How are you guys doing?

For me I an down 13 ponds since rebanded on Sept 16. I Zumba dance 1-2 times a week, I want to increase that and start walking on off days. Zumba has been the best thing I have ever done in my life other then being banded, married, and having kids! It really makes you in tune to your feminine side, it is great cardio and strengthing(I have calves of steel) and it is wonderful for your self esteem. My biggest problem is I feel like I am doing it with a kids rubber swimming tube around my stomach.

I am glad I have not gained but it is so hard the second time around.

Do you guys think it helped having it done in March?

Other then the band what was essential in your positive outcomes?

I will tell you I am still so glad I had the lap band done over the RNY, I am just amazed at the RNY people that are gaining back their weight that I run into.

I still love this group!

Juli,

Thank you so much!!! I definitely feel like a different person and feel more confident! You are looking good too girlie! :thumbup:

Jeni...my band sister!

Yes, we made it to our second year!!! :sneaky:

I am so glad to hear your surgery went well. I'm sure it's no walk in the park right now but just think of how great you are going to look and feel when you are are healed. I hope you're doing better today! :lol:

Janine,

I am so happy that your second surgery is working for you! :lol:

I don't think having the surgery in March made much of a difference...maybe being able to get out and walk or bike in the spring was an advantage.

Other than the band, this site was very helpful to me. I forget how important support is in succeeding. Of course, exercise, lots of Water and Protein, and following the band rules made a difference as well.

I don't know what Zumba dance is but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Speaking of a rubber swimming tube...LOL!

I am seriously thinking about having a Tummy Tuck. I've been so obsessed with losing these last 20lbs and getting into those size 12 jeans but I'm not even sure if I really need to lose another 20lbs. It seems all the weight I lose now is in my face and neck and I end up looking like a chicken...LOL! Maybe 10 more pounds, a tummy tuck, and concentrate on toning and tightening other areas will give me the results I want.

Hey fellow Marchies! So good to hear from you. I do follow this thread but don't post much. Sorry!

Today is my 41st wedding anniversary and tomorrow my 2nd bandiversary. I haven't done as well as I hoped with the band but with the way my life has gone the past two years, I can only imagine what I'd weigh without the band, so I'm happy!

I was laid off in January so decided that I should use this down time to do the things I want to do, which includes losing the last of my weight. SO, yesterday my newly purchased Wii Fit arrived and I spent an hour on it (I'm SO sore today). I figure if I do that in addition to my usual 3 days of Water aerobics and 3 days of Curves, that should make a difference. Also, this morning I went to Weight Watchers (I'm a lifetime member from 30 years ago) and hope to be able to incorporate that with band eating. I've really slacked on my discipline lately and need some extra structure. So, I'm back on my way! :lol:

You guys look AWESOME! I'm so proud of you and all you have accomplished and overcome in the past two years. Good for you! :sneaky:

Thanks for sharing your joys and challenges--I have appreciated walking this path with you and hope we can continue. Good luck to all of you undergoing PS--what a great reward for your hard work. Can't wait to see the after pictures.

Keep it up, Marchies!

Hi Everyone, just checking in and I'm glad to see the group is returning. Jeni, happy to hear your surgery went well and you're happy with your results so far. Your postive outlook for your future is great. I am so happy for you. Wishing you a good and healthy recovery.

Juli, haven't seen you on and I'm praying things are okay at home.

Hope everyone else start to return more now. We still need each others support. During our down time as well as our up time. Momlambert, I agree with you when you say, what would I weigh without the band. I espically say this when my eating and cravings have gotten out of control. Then I get back in control and off comes the weight. For although I don't reach my next weight goal, I know that plateau or gain is not staying long.

So, hope to read what's going with your new way of losing weight.

Edited by Whitepants

I'm here.

Thanks for your thoughts. School is wrapping up. I'm heading into the last week of my last class, forever!!!!

Then to Vegas, then to plastic surgery.

It's a busy time to be me. But I'm exceptionally happy.

Glad to see you Momma! Hi Tammy too.

Recovery is going well... but i tend to want things rushed and wishing things will go faster...

My dr. says im doing great and healing fast as it is.. so im happy...

Im very pleased with my results... and cant wait till end of may to get the full package deal and have my arm and legs taken care of!!!

ive already did some online shopping for bathing suit/bikini and bought a two piece tankini.. it was exciting cant wait till it comes in the mail!!!