Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello, I was banded on monday and the last two days and especially today I am hurting....I have not had a solid bowel movement in 5 days and these liquid shakes although the give me the Protein I need just don't seem to be enough...am I wanting to much to soon???

I am taking my vitamens but the hunger today is really bad and even tho the bloating is settleing down I do feel full after just 1/2 shake. my scale shows me down over 14 lbs since monday but I am begining to wonder if I am getting enough thru the shakes....when does the diareah stop????

is there any thing I can take to help me thru these trying days???......on a side note I never realized how much food commercials on tv there are....

thanks for any input....

First of all CONGRATULATIONS from a fellow "Denver Bander". I can give you my experience on post-op days. I never had diarrea (opposite for me) so can't help you there. You will feel weak for awhile (mine was 5-6 days) but it will go away and you will feel stronger each day..hang in there. The hunger SUCKS, period. I felt like I wanted to try mushies and called my Doctor, he said it was fine to try and if I could eat them with no problem, it wouldn't affect my band. You may want to ask your Dr. (they're all different). Once I was able to eat scrambled eggs & cottage cheese, I felt MUCH better!! And the food commercials on TV are INSANE!! The one that kept getting to me was the IHOP endless pancakes one (and I haven't eaten pancakes in years!). Hang in there, you are in "Bandster hell" but it does get better. I went for walks, read books, talked to old friends on the phone, cleaned the house, etc. whatever I could do to get moving and not think about food. Good luck!!!

Hello,

fellow bansters i was banded on the 25 it went great.did nt feel hungry, my problems is felling too full with no relief.starting wt 318.8,day of surgery 305. Good luck to everyone

I was banded on the 23 and just got home from the hospital. This liquids only is killing me, I have been feeling really dizzy and nauseated. I went to ER and was dehydrated and mal nutritioned. I have to call my dr on Monday and see if I can start mushies early. He did say I could have full liquids which include yogurt, and pudding. Not sure why I cant have mushy veggies yet? Does anyone else have problems with dizziness and headaches?

Congrats! I was banded on Wed the 25th. I don't like the liquid diet at all. I sure could use a cheeseburger but I keep reminding myself i have to heal. I have been doing sugar and fat free pudding, Protein Shake, tea or coffee, grape juice and popcycles. So far so good but boy did i have diarreha. I hope I don't have this the whole time. Hopefully we can share ideas since we both have been banded around the same time. Good luck

Hi all, I was banded on the 24th and today am just starting to feel human.

I've been hardly eating, partly because I'm somewhat terrified and partly because I am not sure if the feeling in my stomach are hunger. And even when I do eat, I feel quite strange.

What I have been managing to get down is Greek Yogurt. It's high in Protein and tastes quite yummy. I've also has a few spoonfuls of SF pudding. I haven't been having too many Protein shakes. The one I bought is gross which leads me to think they are all going to be that way (which I know isn't true). Trial and error is going to be necessary with this, for sure.

The best news of the last couple of day is that i was actually able to sleep on my side (had about 12 pillows shoved in there for supports :() but I managed to get some real sleep, which was enormously helpful.

Hope you all start to feel better soon.

–Ruth

I was banded on 25 last nigt was only real night of sleep, using body pillow. Can nt eat anything feel full after first sip,changing Protein Shakes

Hey all, I see we all got banded this week....good for all of us...I am sleeping ok at nite....too good...won't get into that, too gross...yes i am so tired of the direaha....on a good note I started the week at 287 lbs and my scale this AM read 267...I know it's all Water and fecal material but hey lbs are lbs....lol

I don't mind the bariatic advantage shakes as they really taste pretty good for a proteen shake. I do love the Jello sugar free and grape juice and I think this morning I am going to treat myself to a apple juice drink..I did try a motts applesauce last nite for a change and it went fine.....you are so right about a burger...craving for one....white castle would be great...lol...but they are 1000 miles away...ahhh the memories..

on an extra note I have not taken my massive dose of insulin sin sunday...wow...insulin free at this point.

I will check back later....have a good saturday.

I also got banded this past week, on the 24th. I have been drinking Clear Liquids and Slim Fasts diluted with Water. It's weird, my stomach is growling, but I don't think I'm hungry. But I'm not full either. I'm supposed to do this for 10 days before "graduating" to SF pudding and other purees. I'm scared to do this, I have GAINED 3 pounds since the surgery, I hope this changes soon!!

I'm mostly just sore, I have tried to stop taking the fabulous Tylenol with Codene and sticking to Extra Strength Tylenol.

I hope you are all starting to feel better!

Congrats! I was banded on Wed the 25th. I don't like the liquid diet at all. I sure could use a cheeseburger but I keep reminding myself i have to heal. I have been doing sugar and fat free pudding, Protein Shake, tea or coffee, grape juice and popcycles. So far so good but boy did i have diarreha. I hope I don't have this the whole time. Hopefully we can share ideas since we both have been banded around the same time. Good luck

i was banded on the 25th also. i am just starting to feel normal again. I was in sooo much pain until yesterday evening when i went out and bought a stomach support. ever since i put that on i have started to feel so much better.

I was banded on 2/25/09. It's been a bumpy ride and I was in a lot of pain until yesterday afternoon. I am trying to keep the pain meds to a minimal (FYI - too much pain meds = constipation). Speaking of that, I have not had ANY movements since surgery. I was on Clear Liquids for 1 day post surgery and now I am on full liquids of Protein Shakes, broth, SF pudding and Jello and yogurt. But I am not very hungry and when I do eat, it hits my stomach kind of hard and I just have to wait it out to feel better. My gas pains are getting better and walking, heat pad and GasX have helped that. My stick sites are still sore, but getting better. I actually slept in my bed last night and on my side! It wasn't the best night of sleep, but it wasn't bad either. I think in a weeks' time, all of us banded this week will feel ALOT better! Keep up the good works girls and boys!!

I was banded 2 days ago..What gets me is the gas feeling,its unbearable..I took some gas x,its helps a lil..But I have been on nothing but liquids..I drank coffee, broth, ginger-ale and lil bit of jello..I havent had any nausea(thank goodness)..I am in pain, but I have been walkin alot and tryin to move some..But hang in there, we are gonna be just fine..Its a new beginning for us and in the long run its worth it...Here's to a new look and feel...

Awesome! Congrats. You said you drank gingerale. Not good according to my doctor. Not supposed to drink any carbination for a long time. Causes problems with the band they say, stretching i forget what else. Yes you can let it go flat but they still don't want you to drink it. We are at the begining stages we have to be strong and do what they tell us, no matter how hard. It is so hard for me today, i really want real food, i thought about blending it in blender but they said no and no for a reason. Its good having this website to discuss. Good luck to you!

Banded on 25,felt myself getting dehydrated,have to make myself drink Protein Shake. Makes me very bloated,i havent been able to get much down. Pain level is great

I was banded on 2/26. Thank you to everyone for posting your experiences. The gas and burping, I was told, is a side effect from the surgery. I found a comfortable position to sleep in and have not been doing too bad. I eat sugar free popsicles, yogurt, pudding, and broth, plus Decaf green tea, Water and decaf coffee. It feels like someone kicked me in the stomach. But I did get my period this morning, which sucks, but I will deal with it. I am, as I am sure you guys are, looking forward to getting back to normal.

Melanie

PS, weight gain is just the gas they put in you for the surgery...