Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March... our 6 month bandiversary... where are we now?

Terri,

The first thing to do is go to er and get a complete unfill. This was my biggest mistake.

A slip can feel like your having a heart attack, you can not even keep your saliva down. It is very painful.

keep us posted

Teri let us know how you are, I pray you do not have to go back to the OR.

Mid December I stalled on the weight loss for 2 months and gained a few pounds. So I started using sparkpeople counting calories and found I was eating 1500-2000 calories per day. Since then I have been very conscious of what I'm eating and counting calories faithfully. I've lost the few pounds I've gained and lost a few more. I need a little fill because I think I can eat a little more than I am supposed to. I joined the YMCA and tried that Zumba class for the first time. That kicked my a$$, :):lol::blink:. It killed my knees so I'll wait a week or so before I do that again. I think my body weight must be reproportioning because people are telling me it looks like I've lost more. I know I haven't so I guess the exercise is working. I'm happy spring is coming and maybe being outside will help. It's great to hear from everyone. I saw a picture of JWRN (the nurse) and she looks great.

Niecey

Hey Niecey,

Yeah, I have been stalled too. I do Zumba X2 a week and often wonder if I am building muscle. Your right! That class beats your ass. I absolutely love it though!

I try to aim for 1200 calories on Sparks but I don't measure so I think that is my problem.

Also the days I do Zumba I have it in my head to treat my self for a little dessert, I Know, I know counter productive.

I agree about spring, I am going to try to walk and run bleachers on my off Zumba days!

Cheers,

It has been too long since I visited! So glad to see all doing so well. I am not as far as I had hoped. I can still eat too much. Been too busy to get to the doctors. Went today and was measured for fill. I had lost 1CC of Fluid. So I am back up to 7CC and can go back in 4 weeks for more. Nonetheless - I am smaller and not gaining. Feel better already and will get back on track! God bless y'all!

Hi everyone! Teri, I am so sorry that you are having trouble. Keep us posted on what happens.

I have been stalled for a little bit. I lose a few pounds the week of my fills, but don't lose anymore after. This time, I actually gained weight. I have lost all but two of those pounds again. My clothes are getting lose again, so I guess I need to stop paying attention to the scale so much. I bought an exercise bike and have been trying to use that since the weather hasn't been the greatest. I know that our weight loss is supposed to be 1-2 pounds a week, but in my head, I still wanted it all gone now. I am trying to take it one step at a time. It is good to see the rest of you. We really need to do something to keep in touch more.

Teri - Hope you are feeling better. My "Mentor" had this problem, was unfilled and then she has been filled slowly again. Let me know how you are doing -- I can't believe it, you have been through so much

Hi everyone - I got good news Saturday. I am no longer a Diabetic! Also, I was taken off of my blood pressure meds. When I started my Dr had told me he was afraid I would have a stroke. Now he was worried because even after lowering the dosage my bp was still VERY low, 98/63. It is a very long way from over 200. Dr told me that the extreme low blood pressure was responsible for my "coldness" and my lithargicness. I was litterly a couch potato, frozen and dead tired. Not enough O2 getting to my brain -

My insurance is changing and I started stressing out. Saw my Surgeon for my 6 month check and they assured me that because I have a "PRE EXISTING CONDITION" / ie the band -- the insurance has to cover me now.

I am working very hard, it is very slow going now. Looking for another fill, #3 and hope that is the charm. Discovered I was eating too much soft food. Doesn't stay with you and I am much more satisfied now. I can't believe I was so overly cautious that it turned out to be my downfall. I was afraid of getting stuck! So back to small bites, eat slowly and chew chew chew.

Just got into a size 16. I shopped in a normal store in the regular size section. I don't know how much further, but I am happy with my health and new smaller size. Very Happy

That is awesome Debbie! You are doing so great! Can I be you when I grow up?

Thanks Slim,

I know I don't post as much as I use to, but I think of you a lot. I still need everyone's support, but I guess I am finding my own way too, AND MAKING MY OWN STUPID MISTAKES.

But, it is as everyone told us, a long journey. I am loosing now at a snails pace but at least the health benefits came through 100%.

So how are you doing, I try to catch all your posts, but I might have missed some.

Also, have you heard from Teri? I am worried about her.

Take Care Sweetie, Debbie :rolleyes2:

I haven't heard from Teri. I can only hope that she didn't have to have more surgery.

I know that you are a busy woman. I am so glad that you are doing well (even if the weight loss has slowed). I am sure that you are building more muscle. I have been doing pretty good. I am doing ok with my eating since my last fill, but I am struggling to find an exercise program that I can/will stick to. I have been working on an exercise bike. I got that so that I would have no excuse for not exercising at least at home. I am doing it, but it is very slow going. Thankfully, my DS is trying to keep me honest.

Anyway, you know that you have my support whenever you need it. I am looking up to you to be my inspiration right now. You keep doing the awesome job that you have been. By they way, there are no stupid mistakes. Just new learning experiences.

You take care, too.

I will reach my 6 month date on Sunday. I have had bad days but for the most part things have been going well. I haven't reached my sweet spot in spite of 4 fills but I have been keeping journal and watching what I eat. I only weigh once a week and either stay the same or lose 1-2 pounds a week. I can't complain. I'm sorry to hear about terilynn's health issues. Hang in there and hopefully things will get back on track soon.

I haven't been around much lately... I'm sorry. I read when I have time. I'm having some issues with depression, which has kept me pretty much to myself this last week. Tomorrow I go for the ugi, or flouro whichever... and I see my surgeon's pa. Of course there is a huge lapse of time between appts, so I am sure he'll catch my surgeon between patients, and talk about results before I even see him.

I'm a wreck tonight. I've already decided I'm taking a sleeping pill at 8:30. Should be in bed by 9. Thankfully the boys are generally down by 8:30 these days.

Matthew is getting so much more verbal. It's been a real joy, and all this upset with my band and I've not enjoyed it. He's saying things like I want, more, done, duice (for juice), um for food, Mommy instead of mama. Hug momma. Love you momma. It's a miracle to me.

My babies are 3... where has the last 3 yrs gone?

teri

Teri, I am so sorry that you are going through so much. I hope all goes well with the doctor tomorrow. I also hope that you are able to get some relief from your depression. If you have to, get some medical help with it. There is no shame in taking medicine for depression. I hope that you are better soon.

I will start celexa for the depression in the next 24 hours. (My father will pick it up on his way home- trying to save some gas). My hip pain is they think from my back, so I'm on anti inflammatories for two weeks. My band is PERFECT! No slip, no stretched anything, no problem, so that's cool. And by the xrays I should have great restriction. I don't feel it. He did offer a slight fill, a like half cc fill, but because of the new meds coming onboard, I declined in fear I'd end up with problems. We think the pain is from either one of my herniated discs (I have one herniated in my ribcage area), or an irritated nerve by the band. So time will tell. IF the back/hip pain doesn't ease in the next 3 weeks, I'll get a steriod shot. UGH!

Teri

Teri, I am so glad that everything is good with the band. I am also glad that you are getting some medicine for the depression. Hopefully, the back pain and hip pain will go away with the other medication that you were given. Keep us posted.

I just realized that today is exactly my 6 month bandiversary! woohoo! I am counting down to onederland!