Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8cc or more in a 10cc band?

Anyone out there have 8 or more cc's in your 10cc band? I just had a fill today which puts me at 8cc's. Still am not losing, hopefully after today I will. Just wondered if anyone else out there had to have a lot in there to hit their sweet spot.

Hello..what are u eating because that doesnt sound right?

I have 8.2 cc in a 10 cc band and still do not feel restriction, although I believe I am getting close. Since I started with a lower BMI than most, my surgeon had warned me right before my surgery that it would probably take much more for me to feel restriction. Still, I guess it is better to sneak up on it!

I have 6.5 cc in my band..i am getting another adjustment tommorow!

Anyone out there have 8 or more cc's in your 10cc band? I just had a fill today which puts me at 8cc's. Still am not losing, hopefully after today I will. Just wondered if anyone else out there had to have a lot in there to hit their sweet spot.

I just had my fourth fill .50 I am now at max 9cc in a 10cc band

I have 8.2 cc in a 10 cc band and still do not feel restriction, although I believe I am getting close. Since I started with a lower BMI than most, my surgeon had warned me right before my surgery that it would probably take much more for me to feel restriction. Still, I guess it is better to sneak up on it!

I had a low BMI as well, I had to gain weight to have the surgery covered by insurance. I was talking to a gal at one of my support group meetings and she said it took her till she was at 9cc for it to start working. Hang in there. I think this last fill may have helped. I hardly could get dinner down and am full. I finally feel restriction a little.

I have 6.5 cc in my band..i am getting another adjustment tommorow!

Uh Olivia maybe you did not read the thread correctly. It is for people who have 8cc or more. :w00t:

I have 8cc's in my 10cc band.It took that for me to fill restriction and boy was I restricted.Been two months now and it still feels good really it is better the first month was really tough as I was so tight but had no throwing up and could keep down fluids and soft food so doc would not take any out.Now I am glad he didn't I lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks and now it fills just right.

I have 8cc's in my 10cc band.It took that for me to fill restriction and boy was I restricted.Been two months now and it still feels good really it is better the first month was really tough as I was so tight but had no throwing up and could keep down fluids and soft food so doc would not take any out.Now I am glad he didn't I lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks and now it fills just right.

Really? WOW. I am having a hard time getting anything down. I tried to eat some Tomato Soup and it took forever. But Water goes down ok. I am going in tomorrow to have a little taken out. So you were really tight at first with 8cc? Hmmm I wonder if I should just wait it out. This band thing is so frustrating. :smile:

If you are not having trouble keeping food down,no reflux and you do fine with liquids and soft food then I said give it a couple weeks and see where you are.Others will say take it out but only you know your body,just talk to your doc and see what he thinks.

Hi all..I went for a fill today..hadnt lost anything for a couple months...ate very normal..almost as if the band werent there..added 1cc...so I am now at 8.2 cc's...we shall see if that works or if its too tight... what is everyone eating...

I have 8.7 something in my band. I just had a fill today. Before I had my fill today, I had 8 in my band and had no restriction...hardly!! I'm hoping this will get me to the place where I will have more control!

At one point I had 9 cc's and couldn't keep down Water so had an unfill then had no restriction...uggg this band is pecular.:(

They tell us to go on fluids for 2 days then soft foods for another 2 then back on regular diet. Right now, I can tell that I'm tight but I will try to avoid getting and unfill unless necessary.

Right now, I can tell that I'm tight but I will try to avoid getting and unfill unless necessary.

I certainly hope you can ride this out. If you can keep down liquids and mushies, I'd say that you are in the place that I am trying to reach! When I had 8.4 filled in my band a little over a month ago I couldn't keep down Water (including saliva). I really tried to wait it out, hoping that things would loosen a little, but instead I guess I actually aggravated my stomach/esophagus and made things worse because nothing could relax. They removed 1 full cc. and are now trying to move me back up incrementally - .2 cc at a time. No restriction yet and I am now at 7.8. Hopefully my next fill will bring me to at least some type of restriction. Good luck!

Hi Jeannebs1

It's good to move up slow. I'm not sure why my "Dr Fill" put in over 1/2 cc but like you said I'm going to try to ride it out. I was able to get down 2 Protein Shakes yesterday and about 40 oz of Water (which really isn't enough water). Last night, I took a drink of water and then threw a little of it up. Go figure

Right now, I'm drinking light orange juice and it's going down fine but I have to drink it slow and earlier I had a Protein Shake. This is my second day of liquids so tomorrow I start soft food and then Tuesday back to regular eating. I hope this is that ever elusive sweet spot (I've been there before).:(

I hope this is that ever elusive sweet spot (I've been there before).:wink:

Alfie - I hope it is for you, as well. I am envious! By the way... my nurse practitioner recommended that IF I thought I might be too tight immediately following a fill (but still able to get down liquids) to take some liquid Motrin for two days following the fill in case my stomach was irritated, which would temporarily apply extra pressure against the band (or at least that is my interpretation of the reason). I look forward to the day!