Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT: Lucky Bamboo & Orchid repotting

Hey I have this Lucky Bamboo that is in desparate need of repotting. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I do cuttings with the stalks? If so how?

One more thing: I have a white Orchid that John gave me for Mother's Day this year. It is still alive can you believe that? It seems to be thriving in the pot it is in. I was just wondering if it should be put in a larger pot or just leave it be. I know they are fragile so don't wanna risk losing it.

Any gardeners out there???

I have an orchid up for adoption. I will ship it to you if you will give it a nice home. It's somehow making it in my bathroom but it's not flowering this year. You can have it! I don't even want to replant it! I can't even keep my Jade Plant from falling apart, Oh! and now I have Aloe Vera plant issues...I'll be eyeing you gardeners. Someone puleeeze take my orchid before I throw it out!!!

Work folks gave me an orchid after I had my surgery. It's still holding on too!!??

What do I do with it--how do you Water it?

It's pretty--don't want to trash it, but I don't know how to take care of it!

I Water my Orchid once a week. I also Water the plant from the middle of the plant not directly into the pot. Just enough to make it come out the bottom. THen stop watering it.

No one with input on the Lucky Bamboo then HUH?

Orchids...very tricky plant. I've had some for years and others just a few weeks before I kill them. When the flowers die cut the stem just below the last flower, you may get another bud shoot or the hole stem may die. It's worth a try, I've got a few shoots over the years. Water once a week, not on the leaves, furtilize once a month. I've never transplanted an Orchid, they like tight pots, but have heard to transplant ever 2 years??

African violets are a bit like Orchids

Bamboo is hard to kill, at least the stuff that grows outside.

Good Luck

Don't repot it, they thrive in root bound pots! I have quite a few that I have had for several years and they really like to be dry, over watering is the primary reason most of them die. Plus they love, love, love the sunlight. Remember these plants actually grow on trees in the rainforest, not in the ground like some people think. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you enjoy yours as much I as I do mine.

Sorry, I know nothing about bamboo.