Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach Pain

Okay here is my story... for last month or so I been having this sharp burning pain about 5inches below my band... I told my Dr. and he wants me to keep an eye out for it, he might have to go in and see what is causing me so much pain. Its like a sharp stabbing and burnning pain Im hopeing it is not the tubing attaching to any tissue... I try to rub it and for a bit it helps but it seems to always hurt when i eat, or if I move funny, one night i was in tears it hurt so bad.... Just thought I would say something.. maybe someone knows the feeling.....

Trish is it like a side ache, like the kind we used to get from running too fast when we were kids? I used to get a pain like often for the first 6 months after my band

Could it be your gallbladder

Here is a great link with gallbladder info..many who loseweight fast have problems with their gallbladder.

http://www.markfuscomd.com/gallbladder.htm

Trish, so sorry you are not feeling well. I also had sometimes TERRIBLE pain by my port for several months after surgery. My surgeon also said we will keep an eye on it. No pain now! still don't know what it was.

Hope you feel better soon!

(((((HUGS)))))

Its like a sharp, burning, tearing feeling... the skin is numb but if i rub it hard I feel it, it seems like.... ummm okay when you get a burn on your arm... and you touch it.. it hurts like you just burned it again... thats kinda the feeling

I hope its nothing... Im only 3 1/2 months out.. so like you Terri I hope it goes away.. because its really scarey and it hurts!!

Guest j. lynn

I had similar symptoms. Turned out to be a hernia. Saving that for Tummy Tuck time!

Good luck!

jayme

I had the burning and stabbing for a few months after being done too. My Dr watched it but said it happened to alot of his patients. Mine has gone now but if I bend the wrong way or stretch hard I get the feeling again and it kinda burns for a while after. I hope this is all it is for you too.

i guess it could be several things... I am just going to see how it does and go from there... I will just keep a good eye out.. Thanks

TRish- How are you today & when r you seeing your Doctor. My prayers r w/you. I sure hope it goes away soon & that there was nothing too it. Please let us know that all is ok really soon. You need to be healthy Girlie- especially for Vegas;0)

Hey Christina, I still have the pain.. but Im keeping a close eye on it.. the numbing is starting to really bug. Everytime I touch it it feels like im touching a burn. I dont see my Dr. for a long time... and I hope not to see him until next year... (Jan. 2006) Im just hanging in there. Thanks for wondering... Oh Im so ready for Vegas!!!