Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bored, bored, bored

Okay, I am off work for recovery until Thursday and I am bored to death. I have been home since Saturday and I have already cleaned the house, done my filing, done the laundry, cleaned out some drawers, cleaned out my makeup, cleaned out the refrigerator, cleaned out my purse, restocked my travel bag.........been out walking and done more walking but since we are having horrible storms now I am stuck inside.

I never really thought about being bored like this. I guess now that I think of it I have never been home like this before so I don't know what to do with myself. I think I know now why a couple of my friends say I have ADD. Edit, oh actually I think it is OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) they think I have. But, as far as I know they don't have doctrate degrees and no Dr. ever told me I had it.

So can you all just post more new posts :cheeky.

Im with you on the bored part... Im out of school for 3 weeks and im going nuts!!! to bad we didnt live closer...

Trish,

That would be great if we did live closer together. I haven't found a single lap-band person around here.

I have OCD took paxil for it which was my demise with my weight gain

I can relate to you very well, their is no drawer or closet left uncleanedin my home. I have 3 boys and peoplecan not believe how clean my house is..

Like you Iam always on the go

Plus the fact we can no longer eat out of boredom like we did pre band makes boredom even more difficult

La Madam,

Wow, I had no idea that Paxil would do that. I was never diagnosed woth OCD so never took medication. I did go through a bad weight gain with steroids though.

I always thought that they were kidding me about being OCD, but I actually think they may be right.

I am glad I am going back to work soon.

Just to let you know ladies, my house is a disaster!!!!!! And either of you are most welcome to visit :) as not a draw in my house is tidy ....pity australia is so far away...

Loopy! Great Avatar!

Yeah, come to my house! We are always a disaster, even my ID apartment tends to be a disaster... I want one of those roomba robot vacum cleaners. I am almost never ever bored. Once in a great while I will get bored, but not often. I learned at a very early age that it was not pleasant to tell a parent that I was bored. We would have to clean out the garage. Of course, that was the same punishment my older sister would get if my parents found her doing homework. ... Anyway....

So Barb, what art projects are you working on? What about starting one if you don't already have one going? decoupage is really easy and the results are smashing!

Barb, you could do a grand tour across the USA and visit all of us slovenly Yank bandsters. If you come to Chicago to clean I will make you Vegemite sandwiches! Promise! You wouldn't mind a little dog fur on the floor, would ya?

Hello Barb,

I know exactly where you are coming from!. I was banded on 8/9/05 I'm at home recovering also. I dont go back to work until 9/16!!!! I am going nuts! I too walk alot but time moves very slowly. I read, walk, watch the golf channel, play my guitar, and make my "meals". I'd go back to work sooner but I have a very laboring job.

Ray

Ok all, I don't do windows!! But I will organize your closet, throw away your crap, clean out and organize your drawers, create a filing system for your papers, etc...........

My husband took me to get some DVD's last night. So after I walked I watched a movie, then walked again and watched another movie.

The other thing I hate is not being able to drive so I can't go anywhere. Nobody ever told me I wouldn't be allowed to drive for a week. I live to far from town to walk so I just walk to the park and back.

I did better today with the movies. We don't have cable so I spent my first few days with nothing but 5 channels to watch so I didn't even bother.

Something funny about the whole thing........my drawers were clean so the ones I cleaned out were my husbands. He didn't know until the next morning when he was getting ready to go to work. He had a cuss attack, I just pretended I was still asleep. I guess he liked having them messy with all that junk in there. I threw away all the junk. He hasn't said anyhting about it, but I guess that is why he had the idea to take me to get some movies.