Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Movie Review

Hooodwinked was excellent!

Since I've turned this into a thread about what actors I hate, does anyone else share my Anne Hathaway phobia?

Boy, that chick looks like Mr Ed eating an apple through a chain link fence.

Gloucester, Eliza is almost 6 and I dont know how she makes enough pee to use all the bathrooms she does. Its her favourite pasttime.

He's Just Not That Into You: Lame, lame. That Gigi character was the scariest needy lady I've seen in a long time. No wonder she was alone -- she just radiates "boiling bunny" vibes

Taken: Harsh but a good action flick. I liked the fact that the lead character didn't try to save anyone but his daughter. It showed a realism that isn't often seen in that kind of movie

Coraline: Creepy. I didn't really think it was a kid's flick. I really liked it, and now need to hunt down a 3D version

Paul Blart, Mall Cop: I felt really uncomfortable during this movie, especially since so much of the humor in the movie was "look at the fat loser try to be heroic". Not something I want to see again.

The Pink Panther 2: Horrible. Just horrible. I wasted $7 and 2 hours on this, and cannot believe it was actually made.

Slumdog Millionaire: I got dragged to this because of the hype. Frankly, it just wasn't that good a movie. Very obvious where the plot was going, and the main thing it brought home was to NEVER go to India.

New in Town: A lot of fun, if light on plot

Bride Wars: Kate Hudson looks horrible in this one, Anne Hathaway looks good, but it's hard to really care about these two spoiled brats.

Bedtime Stories: Well, it's an Adam Sandler pic. I didn't have high expectations, and it lived down to them.

I used to love Anne Hathaway but I think she's too thin now.

I completely disagree about Slumdog Millionaire! First, it made me want to go to India. Yes there is poverty there and I'm sure I'd be uncomfortable much of the time, but it's so alive at the same time. Second, I think they did a good job of keeping you involved in the story even though it was obvious there was going to be a happy ending. (And I knew the last question was going to be about the 3 muskateers the second they showed them not reading the book at school.) The twists along the way are what made the movie, not the overall plot.

I would say SM was more than the sum of its parts.

Edited by MacMadame

Saw "Hotel for DOgs" and loved it. Of course I have two girls so I see a lot of kids shows.

Madagascar 2 was better than the first in mine and my hubs opinion.

Thought "Paul Blart Mall Cop" was mediocre at best. It was middle school humor.

I cannot wait to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic". I read the book and loved it. I hope the movie is just as good.

I just seen Paul Blart... and I really liked it. I really love the slapstick crazy immature hilarity films. Why? I have no idea, so don't you judge me!

I hate sappy love films. Ick, yuck and kack!

That Benjamin Button film seems almost borderline fiendish. So an old man meets a young girl, but she grows up and they have a relationship? Weird, sorry. I don't think I'll be watching that - and now especiallys since everyone in the movie thinks this is acceptable behavior and nothing is strange about an old man turning young.

Okay my rant has finished. I'll be back when I see another movie.

OH! PS, I love Lifetime movies! hehe

I just seen Paul Blart... and I really liked it. I really love the slapstick crazy immature hilarity films. Why? I have no idea, so don't you judge me!

Too late! Mwahhaahahahahaha

Last movie we saw at the theater was Grand Torino. Thought it was great. Clint was perfect for the role. I actually liked the ending but that's all I'll say to not ruin it.

Last movie we rented was My Best Friend's Girl. Very cute movie with lots of laughs. My husband liked it too.

Next movie we plan to see is Taken.

Glouc, there is really no way to give you any info on 7 Pounds without giving away a vital part of the movie. It was worth seeing.....should be out to rent soon, it has left the theaters here.

LOVE kids movies, but my granddaughter has to watch them over and over when they first come out...I can almost talk word for word with Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Ratatouille!!!

Kat

Since I've turned this into a thread about what actors I hate, does anyone else share my Anne Hathaway phobia?

Boy, that chick looks like Mr Ed eating an apple through a chain link fence.

Yes! I hate her!!!! I like Princess Diaries, but I just don't like her since. I'm not a fan, and your fence statement made me gurgle my milk. You nailed it!

He's Just Not That Into You: Lame, lame. That Gigi character was the scariest needy lady I've seen in a long time. No wonder she was alone -- she just radiates "boiling bunny" vibes

Yes! I thought the same thing. And when she stormed out of Justin Long's place saying, "I'm close to finding someone." it just made me cringe. Way to take a step back in time where women NEEDED to have someone. And, he wasn't looking..what's wrong with that? Ugg...needy, crying, Hi, my name's Gigi - want to have a baby?

Like that Taco Bell commercial....

Paul Blart, Mall Cop: I felt really uncomfortable during this movie, especially since so much of the humor in the movie was "look at the fat loser try to be heroic". Not something I want to see again.

Bummer...I was looking forward to that. I do have the humor of a 14 year old boy, though...so maybe I'll like it.

I like the commercial where he's trying to slide behind the kiosk and has to scoot. I get a kick out him anyway, though.

Bedtime Stories: Well, it's an Adam Sandler pic. I didn't have high expectations, and it lived down to them.

I used to really like Adam Sandler, but he's definitely not doing well in the last, oh, 10 years.

Glouc, there is really no way to give you any info on 7 Pounds without giving away a vital part of the movie. It was worth seeing.....should be out to rent soon, it has left the theaters here.

LOVE kids movies, but my granddaughter has to watch them over and over when they first come out...I can almost talk word for word with Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Ratatouille!!!

Kat

Fair enough...I will definitely see it when it comes out, though. We love movies, so we'll work it in there I'm sure.

I, too, rememeber when DD would memorize everything. One movie - over and over and over again.

Although, she's a little twisted. She's 11 and her all time fav movie is Blade.

Ok movie reviewers....this weekend I saw Friday the 13th. Not bad for a remake. Jason kills lots o' people....lots o' blood....lots o' boobs...

Not really scary per se, but there were some "startle ya" moments. And the guy that plays Jason looks HUGE.

Not a bad popcorn film.

DD gets scared with those kinds of movies, but her friends love them. They all wanted to go Fri night to see Fri the 13th, but she gave me the secret code to NOT allow her to go. She even did the, "Please mooom?" and I had to stand firm and say no.

All her friends now think she has a loser mom, but she's saved face.

We stayed up and did a mini-Smallville marathon instead. :hurray:

Gloucester, I too like those types of movies and I liked Paul Blart. Yes, there was some fat humor in it - true, but that is how Kevin James makes his fame. Anyway, I liked it.

Did anyone see Slumdog Millionaire? I think I wanna catch it.

I think I'd like to see that, too. At first it really didn't seem appealing, but after all the highlights last night at the awards, I know a little more about it.

I just can't stand wasting my money and being bored.

I saw Slumdog Millionaire. There has been a lot of Indians complaining that it does not show India in a very good light but I have been to India and I have also read novels written by Indians and set in India and I would say that it is about accurate. I enjoyed it.